#FireJimCrews

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tonight is my girlfriends introduction to Billiken basketball. I always assumed my mouth would cause her to break up with me, it'll probably be the product on the court...

once she finds out you follow this team, kiss her goodbye

The email says the show is going to be at the Fieldhouse. I'd think people could go there and ask questions of coach.

They should receive all their questions via text so they can screen what's asked. Otherwise, could be an awkward night.

Well said. He's missed the tourney half the time at programs bigger than SLU. What is he going to do here?

Romar might be even worse. He's missed the tourney 4 straight years, looking like this will be the 5th straight year. The team that got blown out at Chaifetz had 3 future NBA first round picks (Ross, Wroten, Wilcox). His team got blown out at home by Oakland yesterday. He is an outstanding man off the court, but on the court it's a disaster right now.

If you want someone who can recruit but can't coach one bit, Crean, Romar, and Pastner look like good candidates.

I don't disagree with this assessment of these guys, but coaches that can recruit and coach up their players aren't available. They will still be cashing large checks at the schools where they currently coach for many years.

I don't disagree with this assessment of these guys, but coaches that can recruit and coach up their players aren't available. They will still be cashing large checks at the schools where they currently coach for many years.

There will be risk with anyone we hire. But I'd rather have someone like Majerus who won't wow you in recruiting but can really coach up players. That's another good point about money. Don't hire someone who has already made millions. Hire someone whose future career and livelihood depends on winning at SLU.

Romar has one of the youngest teams in the country and has a 5 star guard coming in next year, so he will get more time.

A name I would personally be interested in is Luke Murray, an assistant on Chris Mack's staff at Xavier. He was an assistant at RI the past couple of years and has a nice resume as a young coach who has slowly worked his way up the coaching ladder. The only downside is that he is young, either 30 or 31. But definitely a name I would look at regardless.

The one center who should be getting minutes played zero on Saturday night.

Were this a normal team, I would presume that's a reflection of his lack of ability or readiness to crack the lineup, but we clearly know this is not a normal team.

If you can figure out rotation-starting lineups-who sits let me know.

A name I would personally be interested in is Luke Murray, an assistant on Chris Mack's staff at Xavier. He was an assistant at RI the past couple of years and has a nice resume as a young coach who has slowly worked his way up the coaching ladder. The only downside is that he is young, either 30 or 31. But definitely a name I would look at regardless.

And his dad would show up at our games.

I agree that he seems to be a very good basketball mind and has gone up the ladder quickly, but I think he might need a little more seasoning, perhaps as a top assistant somewhere. He's one to watch for sure (and yeah, like Box says, his dad would be a nice publicity boost; he was at the Xavier games in Orlando over Thanksgiving).

And roughly 16% of the points from the 5 are via treys from Gillmann. I'm curious now who the two teams are with centers who rebound even less.

-I share the curiosity as being this low I would like to know the company we are keeping

-per KenPom on overall offensive rebounds Davidson is below us - yippee, good for us!

If you're looking to pull from the Xavier tree, which isn't a bad idea at all, I'd keep an eye on Pat Kelsey, the head coach at Winthrop. Was an assistant under Chris Mack before taking a year off coaching and then taking the head job at Winthrop. Highly thought of at Xavier.