McBroom gone

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He'd have to graduate to be immediately eligible at another school, while taking graduate classes toward a degree not offered at SLU. Isn't that the rule?

But it doesn't apply if he is willing to sit out another year, right?

If he graduated, great, the APR is intact. But as far as I can tell he made his spring break a spring-summer break.

I have never met McBroom. I think we all have a tendency to categorize kids as good or bad in simple terms. From afar, he seems a bit narcissistic but also charismatic. Like all of us, I am sure he has his good and bad.

On the court, I saw a kid who was undersized to play shooting guard in the A-10 and too undisciplined to play point. His defense was average on his best days and a big liability on his worst days. He clearly didn't have a significant role going into his senior season so this decision was probably the best for both sides. I hope he finds a good program for one last year, and I hope we find a new recruit that fills makes a positive impact for years to come.

majerus mojo, on 19 Mar 2015 - 5:10 PM, said:

Rumor was he slept with another player's significant other during the second half of last season

That was her fault, not his. He could not have done a thing without her consent or there would have been legal trouble again for SLU.

He'd have to graduate to be immediately eligible at another school, while taking graduate classes toward a degree not offered at SLU. Isn't that the rule?

But it doesn't apply if he is willing to sit out another year, right?

If he graduated, great, the APR is intact. But as far as I can tell he made his spring break a spring-summer break.

He can't sit out another year since he already done that if he wants to play d1. I doubt he would leave to go play d2 somewhere so my bet is he's going to graduate and use the 5th year senior exemption.

Good luck to McBroom. I will say I really hate to see people talk ###### about him, especially when some of those talking smack likely aren't squeaky clean themselves. My feeling is only those in glass houses should fling rocks.

And buy a sh!tload of Windex. Just sayin'.

kshoe, on 19 Mar 2015 - 7:14 PM, said:

He can't sit out another year since he already done that if he wants to play d1. I doubt he would leave to go play d2 somewhere so my bet is he's going to graduate and use the 5th year senior exemption.

A new rule allows a sixth year of eligibility after a second redshirt year. I read about it yesterday.

Lol, idk, or you could just.. not sleep with a teammate's girlfriend, period

See this team has no chemistry. In the past most of the team would sleep with the same girl in the same night.

I blame Coach J-Crews