Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

No need to recruit him.  We already have the best power forward in that class.

You are a terrible recruiting expert.  Zion Williamson will be our SMALL forward.

Stamos told me that Z Will and T Ford are going to ride the mine train at Six Flags today and T Rav should be able to seal the deal in there.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know someone was asking recently, but Gordon will officially begin playing for WGHS on January 25th against Ritenour. Webster's head coach, Jay Blossom, will be out the next few weeks from eye surgery, though.

A few offer notes for 2018: Keldon Johnson was offered by Oregon, Tim Finke picked up a Butler offer, and Oklahoma State offered Jordan Walker, who is playing really well right now. OSU had been interested for a while.

Just now, Pistol said:

I know someone was asking recently, but Gordon will officially begin playing for WGHS on January 25th against Ritenour. Webster's head coach, Jay Blossom, will be out the next few weeks from eye surgery, though.

Happy for coach cup to get a chance at HC.  been here for ever.  Also did Blossom have eye surgery once before?

4 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Happy for coach cup to get a chance at HC.  been here for ever.  Also did Blossom have eye surgery once before?

According to the "Notes" article in the P-D, he had a minor eye surgery in 2011, as well. This was going to be routine cataract surgery but they found something worse, like a detached retina or something. They think they got to it in time and that he'll be out of commission for just four weeks, then back to normal.

Anyway, it's going to be weird for Gordon to start playing for a team without its HC, but no doubt they'll be one of the most feared in the area either way; he is #18 in the new Rivals rankings and Ramey is #28. Two top-30 kids in one non-prep-school-basketball-factory, i.e. just a regular HS, is virtually unheard of. Tatum was top-3 and Cook was in the 50-range, so that's fairly close. That's all I can think of, though.

16 minutes ago, Pistol said:

According to the "Notes" article in the P-D, he had a minor eye surgery in 2011, as well. This was going to be routine cataract surgery but they found something worse, like a detached retina or something. They think they got to it in time and that he'll be out of commission for just four weeks, then back to normal.

Anyway, it's going to be weird for Gordon to start playing for a team without its HC, but no doubt they'll be one of the most feared in the area either way; he is #18 in the new Rivals rankings and Ramey is #28. Two top-30 kids in one non-prep-school-basketball-factory, i.e. just a regular HS, is virtually unheard of. Tatum was top-3 and Cook was in the 50-range, so that's fairly close. That's all I can think of, though.

McCluer north had a nice trio in 07/08. but ya, that doesn't even come close still. 

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

McCluer north had a nice trio in 07/08. but ya, that doesn't even come close still. 

What was the school that had White, Carrawell, and Woods? I remember they got beat by Jeremy Biles Charleston team with no one over 6'1".

56 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-he has a man-bun, does that impact our interest? 

I sure hope so. We're recruiting grown-ass men for the first time in a while. No time for man buns, just man-sized dunks and blocks and boards.

When I saw that in the Chaminade game, it took a few minutes to register. My feed wasn't the greatest. But man, that was disappointing.

42 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I don't know how the 3 of them were ranked, but it had to be pretty high.

White was a couple years older than Woods and Carrawell who were in the class of 1996. Rating services were not omnipresent back then, but I found the following article that had Woods ranked 8th and Carrawell 55th.

http://www.fayobserver.com/sports/north-carolina-florida-state-have-top-acc-recruiting-classes/article_19d66ab5-c173-5663-a090-69b931a838c8.html

There is a post in the following linked thread that list White as a seventh team high school All-American in 1994.

http://www.nbadraft.net/forum/camron-was-ranked-top-25-class-94-high-school-rankings

8 hours ago, brianstl said:

White was a couple years older than Woods and Carrawell who were in the class of 1996. Rating services were not omnipresent back then, but I found the following article that had Woods ranked 8th and Carrawell 55th.

http://www.fayobserver.com/sports/north-carolina-florida-state-have-top-acc-recruiting-classes/article_19d66ab5-c173-5663-a090-69b931a838c8.html

There is a post in the following linked thread that list White as a seventh team high school All-American in 1994.

http://www.nbadraft.net/forum/camron-was-ranked-top-25-class-94-high-school-rankings

That Cardinal Ritter team was pretty amazing. I remember going to their games, their offense was like an espn highlight reel, dunking from all over the court.

Maxpreps might have what you're looking for, but behind the paywall. They also tend to miss games, so it's incomplete info.

STLToday is pretty good for the metro, but doesn't include all of Missouri: http://stats.stlhighschoolsports.com/sports/basketballboys/stats/default.php

3 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Maxpreps might have what you're looking for, but behind the paywall. They also tend to miss games, so it's incomplete info.

STLToday is pretty good for the metro, but doesn't include all of Missouri: http://stats.stlhighschoolsports.com/sports/basketballboys/stats/default.php

Yea i used to check that but today I saw Goodwin is no longer listed and Thatch isnt listed either due to incomplete games not being shown for Stats. They say min of 12 games played but Goodwin has definitely played more than 12