Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

I give Stu a tiny bit of a break regarding recruiting. That is a topic that doesn't really lend itself well to PD coverage. Stu could make it his number 1 priority and Pistol would still be a better recruiting correspondent.

I do wish Stu would do more player/coach features. 

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

Spotlight?

The sordid underbelly of the Webster Groves lunch room? 

On a recruiting note, although Mickey Pearson seems to be more of a fallback option here, he took an official visit for Bradley this weekend. He was on campus there with two other wing types. 

34 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

The sordid underbelly of the Webster Groves lunch room? 

On a recruiting note, although Mickey Pearson seems to be more of a fallback option here, he took an official visit for Bradley this weekend. He was on campus there with two other wing types. 

Do you know anything about the commitment Drake got last night?  It seemed that Burgess and Roy made a pretty big deal out of it.  Normally I wouldn't care, but I have kind of always liked Drake for some reason and the kid is a high school team as THT.

George Conditt is off the board to Iowa State. SLU offered but didn't make either of his cut lists.

He's a big man and doesn't necessarily affect the ISU picture with regard to THT, but figured I'd share regardless. 

It's also quite a blow to Illinois, as I'm not sure what they have for a plan B big.

7 minutes ago, Pistol said:

George Conditt is off the board to Iowa State. SLU offered but didn't make either of his cut lists.

He's a big man and doesn't necessarily affect the ISU picture with regard to THT, but figured I'd share regardless. 

It's also quite a blow to Illinois, as I'm not sure what they have for a plan B big.

illinois class seems dependent in THT and Ayo D. Precarious position for them 

5 hours ago, NH said:

I give Stu a tiny bit of a break regarding recruiting. That is a topic that doesn't really lend itself well to PD coverage. Stu could make it his number 1 priority and Pistol would still be a better recruiting correspondent.

I do wish Stu would do more player/coach features. 

Matter seems to lend himself to it if it has anything to do with Missouri 

8 minutes ago, almaman said:

HS or U?

Hs. 

He writes for the hs newspaper.  Ive seen stu tweet and retweet more things regarding his sons stories about wg men and womens track than slu.  

Ford and Tate reached out after his decommitment. First coaches to do so. Immediately rebuffed. Ramey, son and father, have never had any interest in SLU.

That said it isn't a given that Ramey goes Adidas anymore.

10 hours ago, thetorch said:

Ford and Tate reached out after his decommitment. First coaches to do so. Immediately rebuffed. Ramey, son and father, have never had any interest in SLU.

That said it isn't a given that Ramey goes Adidas anymore.

So I don't like that he seemingly isn't considering the local school, but I like that Ford and company have been so quick to get involved with the star local kids and essentially beating other programs to the punch. Make the local kids say no to the home school as opposed to coming late to the party and sometimes making the kid and his team feel disrespected, that is how I felt with some of our previous coaches. And the most recent former head coach likely needed to hit on local kids since recruiting wasn't a strong suit of his staff.

Ramey was never going to come to SLU before or after the FBI investigation.  His dad is an Adidas guy.  They fund his AAU program.  Now the shoe thing might not play a role this time around, but SLU has too many connections to big dog Nike AAU program in town that Ramey's dad is trying to compete with.

Ramey has also been fantasizing for the last 25 years about having a son play basketball under the bright lights of big time D1. Would be a huge dissapointment to that goal if he were to play at SLU. I never thought we'd have a chance at Ramey, though I bet he ends up being a really nice player somewhere else.

Vincent Williams committed to VCU. Relevant to us in a few ways: SLU offered at one point, Xavier offered after he announced his six finalists (VCU, Richmond, Duquesne, Wichita State, Akron, Toledo) and he could have made them less of a player for THT (along with yesterday's SG commitment, Keonte Kennedy), and he also could have taken Wichita State out of the running for Rhoden.

VCU is now completely booked up for 2018. We've offered a number of players in common: Markquis Nowell, Will Richardson, Junub Char Chuol, Tyrese Williams, Omar Silverio (neither is on his list), but I don't know which of those are still fresh offers for SLU. They also offered Kevin Easley, an Indiana kid who Crews' staff offered a couple years ago, and Easley committed to VCU in January and decommitted in April, after the coaching change. He was looking like a Big Ten-level player early in HS but his star has fallen considerably over time.

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

Vincent Williams committed to VCU. Relevant to us in a few ways: SLU offered at one point, Xavier offered after he announced his six finalists (VCU, Richmond, Duquesne, Wichita State, Akron, Toledo) and he could have made them less of a player for THT (along with yesterday's SG commitment, Keonte Kennedy), and he also could have taken Wichita State out of the running for Rhoden.

VCU is now completely booked up for 2018. We've offered a number of players in common: Markquis Nowell, Will Richardson, Junub Char Chuol, Tyrese Williams, Omar Silverio (neither is on his list), but I don't know which of those are still fresh offers for SLU. They also offered Kevin Easley, an Indiana kid who Crews' staff offered a couple years ago, and Easley committed to VCU in January and decommitted in April, after the coaching change. He was looking like a Big Ten-level player early in HS but his star has fallen considerably over time.

-all else being equal, I want this guy....Junub Char Chuol