Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, bauman said:

Can we stop talking about Ramey?  He isn't coming here w/o a big payment.  Why do you think C Martin was in Springfield to see?

Honestly, you don't know that.  It's on the order of what if Staton had chosen the Cardinals.  It doesn't look like it can happen and maybe it wouldn't be a good thing if it did but If Travis can get Gordon anything is possible....

24 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Honestly, you don't know that.  It's on the order of what if Staton had chosen the Cardinals.  It doesn't look like it can happen and maybe it wouldn't be a good thing if it did but If Travis can get Gordon anything is possible....

Stanton told Jeter he did not want to go to SF or StL.  He only came to visit both places out of courtesy to the two teams.  Jeter was the one who was jerking everybody around.  He was trying to leverage the Giants and Cards to make NY give up more - failed because apparently it was common knowledge in the business that he only wanted to go to NY or stay in Miami.  So, why did the SF and StL keep trying - they were being danced around by Jeter by him saying that Stanton never told him that he only would go to NY or else he would stay in Miami.  They believed him and ultimately  they got their man at a cheaper price so maybe the Cards knew they could beat up on Jeter by telling him that nobody will deal with you because they know you can not be trusted.  The same probably was the situation with SF.  Jeter screwed himself on that deal and ultimately got his pocket picked by 3 teams.

As far as Ramey goes, Ford will not waste his time with him if he has already been told that the kid is not interested in us.  By they way he got Gordon because of the girlfriend.  Without her it may not have happened.

16 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Stanton told Jeter he did not want to go to SF or StL.  He only came to visit both places out of courtesy to the two teams.  Jeter was the one who was jerking everybody around.  He was trying to leverage the Giants and Cards to make NY give up more - failed because apparently it was common knowledge in the business that he only wanted to go to NY or stay in Miami.  So, why did the SF and StL keep trying - they were being danced around by Jeter by him saying that Stanton never told him that he only would go to NY or else he would stay in Miami.  They believed him and ultimately  they got their man at a cheaper price so maybe the Cards knew they could beat up on Jeter by telling him that nobody will deal with you because they know you can not be trusted.  The same probably was the situation with SF.  Jeter screwed himself on that deal and ultimately got his pocket picked by 3 teams.

As far as Ramey goes, Ford will not waste his time with him if he has already been told that the kid is not interested in us.  By they way he got Gordon because of the girlfriend.  Without her it may not have happened.

It's a pipe dream.....

19 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

And Tate, and Ford being Ford, and Goodwin, etc... There are a lot of reasons Gordon is coming to SLU 

1 minute ago, cheeseman said:

Well true that many things enter into a decision but if the girlfriend is what tipped the scale.

and his grandparents wanted him to go to SLU.  But I get your point. 

2 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

So it looks like Rashad and Luis committed to SLU in late April last year. I'm guessing that is about the time we will see any further recruiting/transfer moves? 

Spring signing period begins April 11. It can stretch well into May and sometimes even into June - especially with transfers. I seem to recall Ash Yacoubou committing in early June.

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

Spring signing period begins April 11. It can stretch well into May and sometimes even into June - especially with transfers. I seem to recall Ash Yacoubou committing in early June.

True. The actual spring signing period is April 11 to May 16. After that the players would sign a financial aid letter rather than a LOI. 

9 minutes ago, ACE said:

Damn. I am not ready for the boredom that is the off season. 

3 hours ago, cheeseman said:

He should hook Ramey up with our "victim". She may be able to persuade him with some honey pot action. The owes us bigtime.

2 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

So it looks like Rashad and Luis committed to SLU in late April last year. I'm guessing that is about the time we will see any further recruiting/transfer moves? 

2 hours ago, ACE said:

I was in Europe 2 years ago in May. I think Henriquez committed right before I left on the trip, and Bess was in the process of deciding. I also recall excitedly telling one of the other SLU fans on the tour that Brett Jolly was transferring.

3 hours ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I was in Europe 2 years ago in May. I think Henriquez committed right before I left on the trip, and Bess was in the process of deciding. I also recall excitedly telling one of the other SLU fans on the tour that Brett Jolly was transferring.

Early May 2016 was busy: Foreman committed on May 2, then Jalen Johnson on the 4th, and Henriquez committed on May 6. Bess didn't commit until June 2.

Goodwin committed August 12, and then French on October 24th.

Graves was a mid-year guy, so his commitment was December 29, 2016.

A couple of tidbits about SLU on Frank's show today.

-He said he's reading between the lines, but he doesn't think SLU is recruiting Mark Smith that hard right now.

-He said they love Yuri Collins and he thinks he's on the cusp of committing.

-He's also not sure they will bring on Larry Austin either.

-Ford is looking forward to putting Gordon and French on the court together.

-Goodwin's dad told Frank that Jordan is working to get better every day and wants to take SLU to the tournament next year.