Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/29/2017 at 3:34 PM, Old guy said:

Or else it shows that something did not go as they expected during Rhoden's visit and they decided to let this one go somewhere else. I really they lost interest in Rhoden.

Love Pearson's size and wingspan.  And apparently he has guard skills.  He looks like the kind of kid who might add another inch or so of height.  Now if only the Bills can hook him up with a strenghth coach and dietitian to add muscle and weight before hitting campus next summer.

Souleymane (Soul) Koureissi committed to Richmond. We offered at one point. He got an offer and visited Richmond last month. They entered late but were high on him. I am, too; he's going to be a problematic matchup for us down the road. He's a 6-8 beanpole with tremendous length and somehow solid guard skills. He's got a developing jumper and if he polishes his game a bit, he's got unique potential.

Bryce Wills will be a 2018 recruit instead of 2019, as originally planned. He announced his finalists on 11/3: Villanova, Wake Forest, Stanford, and UConn.

Interesting to see Villanova in the top four, as they've made Ramey a priority in the past couple weeks. Wills was ranked at a similar level as Ramey in most 2019 rankings, although he has gone from fringe-top 25 to fringe-top 50 in most lists.

34 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Interesting to see Villanova in the top four, as they've made Ramey a priority in the past couple weeks. 

Have heard nova is now the leader. makes sense, he fits in perfectly with Wrights style. 

• Listener of the Streets
  •  
  • Tonka
  • Members
  •  
  • 2,529 posts

So, the rumors were going nuts at the Chaifetz tonight.  One person told me they talked to a Board Member and they said the three will be kicked out of school.  Not sure why anybody on the board would say such a thing.  That would be pretty irresponsible and I don't think it will happen.  Somebody else told me one of the ushers told him the three players for sure would not play this year.  And, maybe this has already been stated, but the three players have moved to off-campus housing right across the street from IKEA.  They were moved to isolate them from the others.  Apparently, several students who also rent in that building know this and have made it public.  If that has been stated on this board, I don't remember reading it.

Not sure I would use an usher as my source for any info.  And, I don't think a board member would do such a thing.  So, maybe the housing thing is accurate.

Take it for what it's worth.

<<from Tonka>>

5 minutes ago, bills10 said:

One of the potential punishments could be not living in on-campus housing. That punishment more fits the crime in my opinion than not letting these kids be enrolled in school. 

unless on-campus housing has drastically improved, i'd call that a reward. hurry back boys we need you 

12 hours ago, almaman said:
  • Listener of the Streets
  •  
  • Tonka
  • Members
  •  
  • 2,529 posts

So, the rumors were going nuts at the Chaifetz tonight.  One person told me they talked to a Board Member and they said the three will be kicked out of school.  Not sure why anybody on the board would say such a thing.  That would be pretty irresponsible and I don't think it will happen.  Somebody else told me one of the ushers told him the three players for sure would not play this year.  And, maybe this has already been stated, but the three players have moved to off-campus housing right across the street from IKEA.  They were moved to isolate them from the others.  Apparently, several students who also rent in that building know this and have made it public.  If that has been stated on this board, I don't remember reading it.

Not sure I would use an usher as my source for any info.  And, I don't think a board member would do such a thing.  So, maybe the housing thing is accurate.

Take it for what it's worth.

<<from Tonka>>

It’s pretty clear no decision has been made. 

5 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Keldon Johnson is going to Kentucky. We were never in it; I'm just running out the fly ball.

Yep, the sole purpose of offers like that is to be seen on the offer list on recruiting websites. Any publicity is good publicity in the recruiting game. 

On 10/27/2017 at 4:04 PM, Pistol said:

Confirmed.

I know you and I and our other non-recruited friends have discussed this before, i.e. if we had our pick of schools for an athletic scholarship, where we'd go. My answer probably changes with every subsequent year of my life, and has gone all over the place, and is never wrong.

The easy answer is Stanford. It goes head to head with the Ivy schools on the academics and network, the weather is nice year-round in Palo Alto, and the athletes are revered. No brainer.