Bradley from the MD couch ....

Taj79

.... didn't watch until 5 to go. No comment. But no Manning. No Roby. No Lancona. Hmmmmmmm. How bad IS the Valley outside of Wichita State?

On the flip side, VCU got handled by an instate rival Old Dominion team. Final score not that close. Fordham lost at home to arguably one of the worst Division 1 teams always in Maryland Eastern Shore.

Need to heal a lot of wounds and what ails us right now.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Coaching staff had reportedly labeled Roby as the "most ready" among the freshman. His stat line didn't say much, so I spent a lot of time watching him for those details that the staff may have been talking about. Never saw him as being more advanced than the other freshmen on movement without the ball, defensive help, slipping screens, etc. But I don't coach D1 ball, me not seeing a difference was no big deal. But going from starting to no PT; that was surprising.

Roby/Yarbrough have the most upside to become future billiken stars with their ability to lock up on defense and attack on offense. Their athleticism (with the excpetion of Ash) is on a whole other level compared to their teammates. Their lack of minutes so far is a head scratcher for me.

Roby/Yarbrough have the most upside to become future billiken stars with their ability to lock up on defense and attack on offense. Their athleticism (with the excpetion of Ash) is on a whole other level compared to their teammates. Their lack of minutes so far is a head scratcher for me.

Their lack of minutes? Roby is 5th on the team in minutes and Yarbrough is 7th. Doesn't seem like a lack of minutes to me, aside from Roby in yesterday's game which could be attributed to any number of reasonable factors.

Assuming u r addressing Taj79, I take his couch threads as an after the game thread and enjoy them.

I was going to start a new thread with this but fear possible rath but here goes; holy s**t can't believe not more talk about the sudden move from everybody plays to 3 guys don't play at all 2 starters. Radical seems to me. Not disagreeing just surprised as I am that it ain't caused more mbm musings.

I don't think we've heard enough to make rational decisions on why the 3 didn't play last night. We're all assuming either attitude or freelancing. JM and TL have not really done much to this point. But DR's the biggest mystery going from starter to pine rider.

Do you really have such delusions that you need your own thread for your game thoughts?

Nothing delusional. Taj has some excellent post game thoughts which many of us enjoy reading. Don't be jealous. Maybe one day you might write something that Billiken fans might enjoy reading. In the meantime, good luck finding someone to ride with you in your van.

Nothing delusional. Taj has some excellent post game thoughts which many of us enjoy reading. Don't be jealous. Maybe one day you might write something that Billiken fans might enjoy reading. In the meantime, good luck finding someone to ride with you in your van.

Really nice.... I'm over here trying to do something good for fellow fans.

I would be guessing but I think Crews wants to establish an inside game. You need players to do two things, one is big men who fight to get open, and you need other players to get them the ball. Reggie and Brett were battling. Playing Bartley added another guard who has shown a willingness to distribute the ball, and it let McBroom play a two guard spot. I only saw the second half but it seemed to help establish an inside presence.

MY may be developing into a six man that provides scoring and rebounding off the bench.

Will see what they do tuesday but Saturday will be the interesting game. Bartley will have his hands full with Vanfleet