GDT: Payback is a MOFO, Rhody

Yeah well if we don't have shameful refs he would've had 2 fouls in that game, maybe 3 having picked another one up in the extra 10 minutes he should've played. I don't want to just harp on the refs about barely eeking this one out, MM and JB's shooting had a lot to do with that, not to mention the combined FT% of the team.

But it wasn't DE's fault he was on the bench, a couple of those calls against him were way too ticky-tack for a game where nothing short of manslaughter was called for the first 4 minutes.

I agree the calls were terrible but those refs were probably the highest rated ref's we've seen . At least one of them did last years final 4 .

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McCall needs the confidence in his jumper. Too much driving for how small he is. He is passing up wide open threes he would drain without hesitation last year. We need him to regain his confidence in his 3 point shot if we want to dominate the conference.

I have stated that I am not a basketball expert many times, so take this for what it is worth, but I thought Crews did a great job tonight on a night when his team (other than Jett) did not shoot well...at all. Taking out Jett, the team shot 11-40. Ouch.

I agree the calls were terrible but those refs were probably the highest rated ref's we've seen . At least one of them did last years final 4 .

That's fine. They won't be this year. I still contend the foul on Manning with about 6:31 left in the game was whistled before the contact ever happened. I'd love to see the tape. Ref had his arm in the air while Manning was still 6 inches away.

Well I picked up the needle again in the closing minutes of this one.....head feels pleasently cloudy, limbs really heavy, relaxed, the world is shutting down for me like, zoning out, things getting darker, tunnel vision, sounds muffled, wow, Billikens winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

I always liked when you knitted things.

I have stated that I am not a basketball expert many times, so take this for what it is worth, but I thought Crews did a great job tonight on a night when his team (other than Jett) did not shoot well...at all.

I agree. I thought he used his timeout very well,and put Evans back in at the right time.

Many of you complain about Barnett's play and so do I. However, the biggest disappointment to me is McCall's lack of offense. In a game where SLU needed someone other than Jett to step up, it seems he should have been looking for his shot more. He needs to stop driving if he is going go in like he thinks his shot will be blocked. I thought he would be our go to guy.

This is a team. Stats don't matter. Ws do. I love these Bills!

I agree that in most college basketball games the stats don't make a lick of difference. I'll definitely take this win

There are still some things that need to be fixed offensively, but our defense was still very good, even with Rhode Island going on another scoring spree like last year when we played them. I think they shot around 60% or something in the second half

Happy the Bills got over the Rhody hump! Can't wait to see how good this team is if they ever start getting shots to fall (hope it happens at some point). This game almost got me banished to the basement by the wife. She hates when I yell at the tv. She did pour me a victory scotch to calm me down though.

McCall has to be better. At least we've seen it out of him in his career. More jumpers. Less driving.

McBroom has the green light from me to shoot from anywhere.

Evans has to be better. Cheap fouls yes. But that's life on the road in the A10 (and at home for slu). I was so upset when he took that ball all the way to the hoop at the end there. Not a smart senior play.

Jett. Wow.

Barnett. Yeah.

Wow did that great last second play before half time turn out to be huge. You can say that about every basket but those were stolen points.

For all the Rhody fans upset about calls at the end. The 4th "foul" on Dwayne was a disgrace. Take that call away and keep DE on the court and Rhody doesn't come back like that.

Ugly wins are fine on the road in conference but it'll take a much better performance to beat Dayton.

Pretty solid heart attack tonight

Crewsorlose +1. Tonight's game will sober the team up after the Yale lark as we head in to league play.

What worries me most is that the bench is not as experienced and mature as last year and we're going to need it. Not going to bomb JB, but he's not the shooter he's reputed to be and JC has wasted a lot of minutes in pre-league play on him that could have been better spent bringing the bench along.