GDT: Payback is a MOFO, Rhody

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read this entire 28 page GDT but has the commentary been discussed? The amount of bias at the end of the game was disgusting. Zero professionalism on the part of CBS sports network.

Great win on an off night (for everyone except Jett). That's what good teams do. Win at less than 100%

I just realized that if it wasn't for that chest bump, RI might have run the clock out and then scored at the buzzer. JJ saved the game by fouling there

I'm all for playing aggressive defense there. I think the reward of getting a turnover outweighs the risk of fouling. Obviously as the clock ticks lower you don't want to foul.

My turn, watched this dirty mess via TV. RI played to the best of their ability which was not enough even with the support they got from the refs. Talk about a home court advantage! Despite all the plainly bad calls, we won. A win is a win. If they refs had officiated properly it would have been a better win, but a win it was. We have now a string of 8 wins. We will see what happens in Dayton this weekend.

I haven't read this entire 28 page GDT but has the commentary been discussed? The amount of bias at the end of the game was disgusting. Zero professionalism on the part of CBS sports network.

Great win on an off night (for everyone except Jett). That's what good teams do. Win at less than 100%

Every time I watch a game I'm amazed at how many things the announcers say that are just flat out wrong.

If we don't start shooting the ball consistently you can forget about being a top 30 type team.

Wtf was DE thinking on his end to end drive with about 30 seconds left. He's got to either score or pull it back. That didn't look like a play that was made by a Sr leader. His 4th foul might be the worst call either Rammer or I have ever seen. You can't seal your defender anymore?

And Jordair Jett? Wtf...

Why is Mike McCall's pic on my Milk carton?

After the last 2 years where losses to URI were our only really bad conference losses, I'll take this win, however we got it.

Jordair was a boss tonight. No other way to describe it.

Evans getting into foul trouble hurt us. He was in double figures, and that 4th foul seemed to take us out of our rhythm, with the exception of Jett.

I'm continually impressed with what Austin McBroom brings to the table. In a way, he kind of reminds me of Kwamain Mitchell. Not saying McBroom is Kwamain's equal, but I think the mentality as far as shooting from outside is there. I'm a big fan of Mike McCall, but he seems to lack that killer instinct that Kwamain had. Jett has that killer instinct, but lacks the perimeter shooting ability. McBroom seems to have the most similar skill set.

On to Dayton. I'll be there in the land of the red sweater vest, and I hope to see the Billikens leave Dayton 15-2 and 2-0 in A-10 play. Win that one and we could be on a pretty good winning streak.

CRAZY STAT: Only 4 players made Field Goals...4!!!! Loe, Evans, Jett, and McBroom...that is fuoking insane!

And/or embarrassing.

It's great to pull out a win on nights like tonight, but we've had plenty of practice at that this year. I say let's get back to hitting some outside shots.

JB - Just Bricks

See below.

Best performance since Hughes against Marquette?

Kwamain had, I think, 32 or 33 against RI in last year's overtime loss. Also, Maurice Jeffers and Justin Love had some stalwart performances since Hughes.

To be fair I think he had just as many air balls as bricks.

If it were JB and not AB, then it would be better. With a JB there's at least a chance for a rebound, but with an AB the result is a shot clock violation.

I just realized that if it wasn't for that chest bump, RI might have run the clock out and then scored at the buzzer. JJ saved the game by fouling there

After the foul I thought it wasn't a poor strategy -- even if it wasn't really the plan -- because it would mean the Bills would have a chance at the basket.

See below.

Kwamain had, I think, 32 or 33 against RI in last year's overtime loss. Also, Maurice Jeffers and Justin Love had some stalwart performances since Hughes.

If it were JB and not AB, then it would be better. With a JB there's at least a chance for a rebound, but with an AB the result is a shot clock violation.

After the foul I thought it wasn't a poor strategy -- even if it wasn't really the plan -- because it would mean the Bills would have a chance at the basket.

I agree. The coaches probably hated seeing Jett foul but at least we would get a chance. My fear was they run the clock down then the refs call some bs foul and we lose that way

Crewsorlose +1. Tonight's game will sober the team up after the Yale lark as we head in to league play.

What worries me most is that the bench is not as experienced and mature as last year and we're going to need it. Not going to bomb JB, but he's not the shooter he's reputed to be and JC has wasted a lot of minutes in pre-league play on him that could have been better spent bringing the bench along.

+1

Every time I watch a game I'm amazed at how many things the announcers say that are just flat out wrong.

If we don't start shooting the ball consistently you can forget about being a top 30 type team.

Wtf was DE thinking on his end to end drive with about 30 seconds left. He's got to either score or pull it back. That didn't look like a play that was made by a Sr leader. His 4th foul might be the worst call either Rammer or I have ever seen. You can't seal your defender anymore?

And Jordair Jett? Wtf...

Why is Mike McCall's pic on my Milk carton?

I agree about DE - that was a freshman mistake. I loved the milk carton comment.