GDT: Payback is a MOFO, Rhody

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking....

Well I picked up the needle again in the closing minutes of this one.....head feels pleasently cloudy, limbs really heavy, relaxed, the world is shutting down for me like, zoning out, things getting darker, tunnel vision, sounds muffled, wow, Billikens winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

To be fair, I thought the refs took Dwight Evans out of the game tonight. Dwight (as the announcer called him) could not draw a foul, but he sure got called every time he blinked.

While Jett was great and carried the team we will not win a lot of games if Evans can't stay on the floor. We have no inside game without him .

Two of those fouls were complete bullshitt calls. Hard to do anything about it.

While Jett was great and carried the team we will not win a lot of games if Evans can't stay on the floor. We have no inside game without him .

Yeah well if we don't have shameful refs he would've had 2 fouls in that game, maybe 3 having picked another one up in the extra 10 minutes he should've played. I don't want to just harp on the refs about barely eeking this one out, MM and JB's shooting had a lot to do with that, not to mention the combined FT% of the team.

But it wasn't DE's fault he was on the bench, a couple of those calls against him were way too ticky-tack for a game where nothing short of manslaughter was called for the first 4 minutes.

Give URI credit. They made a ton of jumpers in the 2nd half. They kept playing hard down 12. And they coaxed DE into a 4th foul with 13 min. left when he used that forearm in textbook fashion. I thought you had to be a 7' stiff to get that kind of crap called against you.

I think URI finishes in the middle of the A-10. They'll win their share of home games.

Jordair just dominated the game like he did Vandy 2nd half. Both he and DE have the potential to when POY in this conference.

Other thoughts:

• Don't sleep on McBroom's contribution, esp. the 3 ball when we were down five and couldn't do crap.
  • Jake at least rebounded.
  • MM had a tough one. He needs to look to pass more when he drives. He's still Mr. Steady
  • Agbeko was awful on that screen and roll. Defense keeps him and MC from playing more
  • DE was doing what he wanted. He would have had 25 if not for those BS calls.
  • JJ's balls are bigger than that crappy state.