GDT - Vandy's not Dandy...tonight.

AlumniFan

Serious question. This game was a resume builder, don't get me wrong, but it's not really a marquee win that looks great on our resume. Sure, going on the road and beating a BCS school is good, but Vandy isn't a tournament team by a long shot.

Why schedule a tough, easily lose-able road game if the benefits of winning are minor? If we would have lost this game, we would be sitting here talking about how our non-conf schedule was a complete let down and the whole Billikens.com would be in an uproar.

We will play just about any bcs team home and home if we can get it. They are very difficult to get. That's why.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, the Billikens may lose more rebounds out of bounds than any team in the nation.

+1 I'd like our defense a whole lot more if we could consistently get a rebound. What good is a defense if you allow two, three, four shots every possession?

We will play just about any bcs team home and home if we can get it. They are very difficult to get. That's why.

Plus when they were scheduled Vandy was most likely coming off tourney appearances.

Vandy has been good the last few years there is no telling how good a team will be when you schedule them to play.

Serious question. This game was a resume builder, don't get me wrong, but it's not really a marquee win that looks great on our resume. Sure, going on the road and beating a BCS school is good, but Vandy isn't a tournament team by a long shot.

Why schedule a tough, easily lose-able road game if the benefits of winning are minor? If we would have lost this game, we would be sitting here talking about how our non-conf schedule was a complete let down and the whole Billikens.com would be in an uproar.

This was a home and home contract. We have to take any BCS schools willing to do this. This a good win for our resume since it was on the road and was on national TV - my son watched it in San Diego. Not sure what the rebounding numbers were but this game was won by our defense - we out scored them in the second half by 15-16. RM would have been proud - this could be a real big confidence builder following that nice win against ISU.

Solid win by the Bills tonight in an ugly game. Glad to see our seniors step up. Vandy probably will not win many games in the SEC but beating a power conference school on the road is always a good thing. Good job by the team cutting down on the TO's and keeping Vandy off the offensive glass for the most part in the second half.

Plus when they were scheduled Vandy was most likely coming off tourney appearances.

Vandy has been good the last few years there is no telling how good a team will be when you schedule them to play.

The announcer mentioned their record at home VS Non-Conference teams under Stallings and they have not lost very many. I thought it was only 13.

For what it's worth, we shot and missed 7 threes in the first 7 minutes of the second half. From 12:30 on we didn't take a single 3 pointer and we turned a 3 point deficit into an 8 point win. My takeaway from this is that we need to know who we are: we aren't a Rick Pitino team built to chuck 3-pointers all night. We play great D and boring offense, but we can drive the lane and get to the free throw line. Taking the occasional wide open 3 after the defense collapses on a dribble-drive is fine, but this business of settling for 3s with 25 seconds on the shot clock needs to stop.

I watched the game on ESPN and read this whole thread. This was not a pretty game for us but we did play good defense and won. In my opinion Glaze had enough rebounds to get him more playing time, and Jett was the key to our win. A win is a win, even if it is not a pretty win, and we won this one. Now on to Yale at the Chaifetz.

I don't understand why we don 't start mm jj rl de and alternately RA and TL

I would rather see these two freshmen get time than JB

TL can certainly shoot threes and rebound better than CB

Is it his defence keeping him out of games ?

JB is better this year in every phase of his game except one and that is shooting the three- no one guards him and it felt like he was 0-10 i know he had two nice lay ins

Crews may just keep trying to get him established and DE will get double teamed by a three and a four, if we play TL and RA

The other teams have to put a three or a four on them letting DE go for it

I get where you're coming from. Vandy might end up a top 100 rpi win. That's a really big non-conference win. Playing a power conference team OOC and on the road gets you cred. from the cmte. Remember SLU lost on the road last year to Washington. Also gets you ready for conference road games.

I don't understand why we don 't start mm jj rl de and alternately RA and TL

I would rather see these two freshmen get time than JB

TL can certainly shoot threes and rebound better than CB

Is it his defence keeping him out of games ?

JB is better this year in every phase of his game except one and that is shooting the three- no one guards him and it felt like he was 0-10 i know he had two nice lay ins

Crews may just keep trying to get him established and DE will get double teamed by a three and a four, if we play TL and RA

The other teams have to put a three or a four on them letting DE go for it

You might want to correct your erroneous identification in this post. We don't want to offend that CB guy; we want him to choose SLU!

We NEED Agbeko to start getting more minutes. This would allow for DE to play more 3 and Barnett to move into a smaller role. I feel comfortable with McCall, Jett and McBroom as three above-average guards splitting those minutes.