Board game... this time for real

RUBillsFan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps one of the cards could say something like, "Go to 'Go.' Correction: go to Fr. Biondi's office. Go directly to Fr. Biondi's office; do not pass Go; do not collect $200 50/50 raffle tickets."

Dr. Chaifetz (courtside) should be commemorated somehow.

Perhaps I should extract the Billiken-opoly posts into a new thread, to separate them from the topic on rebounding.

Dr. Chaifetz (courtside) should be commemorated somehow.

Perhaps I should extract the Billiken-opoly posts into a new thread, to separate them from the topic on rebounding.

Dr. Chaifetz is the "Uncle Pennybags" character. This is why I game him a top hat. If anyone has a pic of him courtside, I could swap that for the head shot.

Feel free to extract the posts. I apologize for completely hi-jacking the rebounding thread.

Here is the completed board (subject to change if I feel like it):

9iXgdZ9.png

Some explanations:

-I used Microsoft Paint to make this whole thing because I do not have ( and do not know of a free) better software. Therefore, I apologize for it being somewhat crappy.

-I used the 4 great coaches for the 4 railroads.

-Rammer and Earl are the 2 utilities.

-"Shot for Cash" is chance and "Scholarship Fund" is community chest.

-I decided to use the 4 retired numbers/retired jersey players for the 2 groups of 2 and then group 3 players from the same team/era for the other properties.

-I used more recent players because that is what I know and it was easier to find pictures.

-I tried to get the best players from the NCAA tournament teams in and somewhat ranked the groups based on how successful they were. I threw in the early Soderberg NIT group to get Marque Perry on the board and the late Soderberg group to get Lisch/Liddell on there.

-I used the same placements and $ as original monopoly.

I'll probably work on the other stuff (Chance/Community chest cards, money, tokens) if I have time and post additional pictures of them.

Edit: Yes, I get bored when there is too much time in between games.

I love it. There's gotta be a way to get this actually made. Seems like there's a Monopoly game for just about everything. Why not Billiken basketball? I would buy it.

A few minor disagreements. I would put McCauley and Ferry as Boardwalk and Park Place. Then Bonner, Gray, and Douglas. Then everything else the same, but pushed back, with final two spots being Lisch and Liddell. By doing this, I am adding Gray and Douglas and eliminating Vouyoukas and Boushka. Nothing against each, I just wanted Gray and Douglas with Bonner.

Actually, you could eliminate Perry, Fischer, Sloan and go with a group of older guys using Boushka. Perhaps some guys from those years in the 50s when we were always in or near the top 10.

This could actually be a fun exercise. Who/what would be each of the monopoly properties if you did a Billiken themed monopoly?

Dark Blue

Board Walk -

Park Place -

Green

Pennsylvania Ave -

North Carolina Ave -

Pacific Ave -

Yellow

Marvin Gardens -

Ventnor Ave -

Atlantic Ave -

Red

Illinois Ave

Indiana Ave

Kentucky Ave

Orange

New York Ave -

Tennessee Ave -

St. James Place -

Pink

Virginia Ave -

States Ave -

St. Charles Place -

Light Blue

Connecticut Ave

Vermont Ave

Oriental Ave

Purple

Baltic Ave -

Mediterranean Ave -

Railroads

Reading -

Pennsylvania -

B & O -

Short Line -

Utilities

Electric Company -

Water Works -

Not sure how to categorize them, but here some obvious ones:

Places: Chaifetz Arena, Kiel Center, West Pine Gym, Billiken Statue

Coaches: Rick Majerus, Spoon, Grawer, Eddie Hickey

Players: Easy Ed, Bonner, Hughes, Claggett, Highmark, Kwamain

Backhand suggests finding a hobby or maybe getting interested in women. This should cure your boredom.

Nice job on the board game RU. You should develop this concept further and submit it to Parker Brothers.. There are hundreds of versions of Monopoly including a St. Louis version and a St. Louis World Series version. As for colleges, there are currently over 40 Universities that have their own Monopoly game. Why not a Billikenopoly game.

Make a Kickstarter project out of it...relatively easy...and I'm sure enthusiastic posters would donate

http://www.kickstarter.com/

Or do Game Crafter

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/

I was really just having some fun making a digital image of the board. I have no intentions of producing an physical game. If someone else wants to use my work to create the game, then go for it. I would be happy to help any way I can.

Unfortunately, it is probably too late to get this thing together for holiday sales.

I would think using the same tile printing technique that folks had been using to create the "big heads" for the student section you could probably print out a decent size of the image I created and slap it on a piece of posterboard. Then you could just print chance/community chest cards on cardstock and money on regular paper. This would be the cheapest/easiest way to make an actual copy of the game.

I would be willing to guess there are some copyrights associated with the Monopoly game, so actually selling them may cause legal issues.

• 3 weeks later...