Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Westy03 said:

Today is the last day for players to sign in the fall.  I wonder what Tilmon will do. 

Hopefully the kid will take a look at the way a lot of those fans have been trashing him and jump off the sinking ship before making the mistake of signing with them.

Whats interesting is that ku fans hardly talk about Tilmon on their 17 class thread.  I know this doesn't mean anything for Tilmon, but you would think it would cause a little more chatter than it has. 

If he does wait, which looks likely, I would not expect SLU will sign him even if we do end up in his top 3 or 4.  Everything he needs to know about SLU he already knows.  What he will see this year is another bad SLU team.  For him to sign with SLU, he would have to tell himself, just like Goodwin did, that he is going to be a part of a unknown new group, not the team he sees this year, and that he will be able to come in immediately and make a difference.  He knows what he would be signing onto at SLU already.  If he waits, and he will, I think he's going elsewhere.

Unfortunately, my guess is that this means he will make a verbal commitment to Illinois... that way it buys the kid some time. He won't have to sign the LOI until mid-April. By that time, it will be clear what the future of Groce is. IF Groce is still the coach, he'll probably stick with the Illini. IF Groce is gone, then there will be no shortage of high profile suitors. I think this delay hurts our chances. I was hoping we would have been able to $woop in and get his signature this fall.

1 hour ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Jeremiah Tilmon will make his intentions known tomorrow at 1:00 at East St. Louis.

Spring signing ends today. Check bounce?

Sport (s) Initial Signing Date Final Signing Date
Basketball (Early Period) November 9, 2016 November 16, 2016

5 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Didn't he already verbal to Illinois? He's going to announce it twice? Has to be about reopening his recruitment 

True, I guess he could say something like he is remaining committed to Illinois as long as Groce is the coach. Hopefully that is not the case. It's strange that he would wait until the day after the signing period to make an announcement.

32 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

Tilmon has signed his LOI and is announcing tomorrow.  Illinois has a press conference at 2:45 tomorrow, sounds like its Illinois

-still time for him to Be a Billiken after Groce gets canned and we put together the necessary cash