SEMO

Scoop

Thought I'd post a few tid bits about our 1st opponent. This will be a tough test for a 1st game and not a door mat. SEMO returns four starters. One of them being pre-season player of the year 6'8" Tyler Stone who averaged 15.5 last year. Their other big man, Nino Johnson, was 22nd in the country in blocks. They blew out Hannibal-LaGrange by 70 this week and Nino came off the bench making room for a first team 6'5" junior college all-american who dropped 25. Add an elidgable 6'7" Auburn transfer as well as a guard from Houston, they're gonna be gunning for SLU. Not to mention the senior guard and coaches son led the OVC in assist to turnover ratio last year. SEMO is picked to win the West in the OVC. Ok...All that being said, it's a no brainer our Bills should take care of business here. I just hope we don't over look them, come out flat, and have another Santa Clara on our hands. We owe SEMO a little payback as well. Go Bills.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Auburn transfer isn't eligible until midseason. And the Houston transfer is redshirting this season. The Redhawks have some solid talent returning as well as some new guys coming in, and will definitely finish toward the top of the OVC...that being said, the Bills should take care of business.

Good deal. There is another redemption game on the schedule in Bowling Green. I wanna say our seniors were freshman when they beat us on a new years day.

I don't think so. KM was a Frosh and missed the game. CE had yet to arrive tx to the NCAA. But I may be wrong. The years tend to all blur together as you get older.

I don't think so. KM was a Frosh and missed the game. CE had yet to arrive tx to the NCAA. But I may be wrong. The years tend to all blur together as you get older.

We played them in a home and home and lost both. The first year was on the road during kwamains sophomore season but you are correct that Cody had yet to arrive yet. The team played well after he got here.

The next year was the situation season. They beat us at home and the game was basically tied when eckerle fell on Majerus in the second half. Porter took over and it was downhill from there. Porters post game was the infamous one where he said the players were shook up from the sight of blood. Our current seniors were all on that team as freshmen.

I'd say we definitely owe them one.

P.s I can't remember what I ate for breakfast yesterday but I remember crap like that.

We should get more Friday but I did get a laugh out of RUBillsfan informing us that good seats are still available. Good one! Just had to respond... yes, no doubt there are seats available.

It made me recall once in Montreal, rushing over to the stadium and asking the ticket seller if there were any tickets left for the game that night. Boy, the look I got! I believe there were less than 5000 that night, for a MLB game. Yes, sir, we have some tickets left...

ps: some people were debating attendance on Thursday. I asked the ticket office and the told me they sold 500. now that does not include students and bands, for instance; but whoever said 3000 was way out of line. Was an "official" attendance ever released? the official box score on the website did not list one; I'd guess under 1000. pretty disappointing.

We should get more Friday but I did get a laugh out of RUBillsfan informing us that good seats are still available. Good one! Just had to respond...

ps: some people were debating attendance on Thursday. I asked the ticket office and the told me they sold 500. now that does not include students and bands, for instance; but whoever said 3000 was way out of line. Was an "official" attendance ever released? the official box score on the website did not list one; I'd guess under 1000. pretty disappointing.

I take it that the 500 was in addition to the season tickets issued for the game? If that is the case I would guess the actual count game above 1,000.

I went to the Fontbonne game expecting it to be close to empty (no attendance) and there were people in there. It was not full, but there was a fair number of people present, the SLU students were there, not to full capacity but they were there and vocal. There was a fair number of Fontbonne people there with their purple colors and very supportive of their team, and there were people at all levels, not very many at the upper levels but a number of them here and there. I would say the Chaifetz had about 25% attendance that night (25% of the seats taken), this is an eyeball estimate not a formal number. I would not doubt there were 1000 people in there, and no it was not chock full, but I thought we had decent attendance for a game against Fontbonne.

We should get more Friday but I did get a laugh out of RUBillsfan informing us that good seats are still available. Good one! Just had to respond... yes, no doubt there are seats available.

It made me recall once in Montreal, rushing over to the stadium and asking the ticket seller if there were any tickets left for the game that night. Boy, the look I got! I believe there were less than 5000 that night, for a MLB game. Yes, sir, we have some tickets left...

What does "sold 500" mean when there are more than 4,000 season ticket holders that bought tickets to the game?

SEMO will have a strong team. They will help our RPI down the road more than the usual creampuffs.

Defense under Nutt doesn't pressure though. Only way to beat us is to cause turnovers. SEMO doesn't do that. Game may be close for a few minutes but we should win by 25 at least.

I looked up Clemson's preseason boxscore, curious to see how our former recruiting target Djambo did. Led the team in minutes and put up 9 points and 4 boards, but I noticed their attendance was listed as 1,500... and they did NOT play on Halloween.

looks like this is going to be another free food game for students. Can't hurt attendence but I hope that we don't have to continue offering food to get kids to show up. The women also play Mizzou right before the men. They prob hope people will show up early to watch some of the women....could be ugly after SLU already lost to UMSL