Justin Tatum vs TL and RA what might we expect?

GOSLU68

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TLIII - 6.9 RPG as a freshman. 2nd on team to Vouyoukas that season.

Willie Reed - 4.6 RPG as a freshman. 2nd on team to TLIII that season.

Cody Ellis - 4.9 RPG as a freshman. 2nd on team to Willie Reed that season.

Dwayne Evans - 6.5 RPG as a freshman. Led the team that season.

So recent memorable precedents have been set for newcomers on rebounding; maybe JC does get it and will continue to tweak what Majerus got started. Thanks for a pertinent reply.

since mid 80s top 5 would have to include:

Jeffers

Jamal Johnson

Willie

Monroe Douglas

My top 5 would be:

Willie

Willie

Willie

Willie

Willie

It is so not close when it comes to Reed and anyone else. I swear that Reed had more exciting dunks in his two years at SLU than the entire program had the previous twenty years. Now, the previous 3 seasons have produced a nice amount of decent dunks, but it was a nightly occurrence with Willie.

My top 5 would be:

Willie

Willie

Willie

Willie

Willie

It is so not close when it comes to Reed and anyone else. I swear that Reed had more exciting dunks in his two years at SLU than the entire program had the previous twenty years. Now, the previous 3 seasons have produced a nice amount of decent dunks, but it was a nightly occurrence with Willie.

Reed primarily just had the 2 handed slam off an alley oop or just underneath the basket. Very exciting but they'd be better if we had one or two more years of them. I actually believe Remuken's body of work stacks up to Reed's. Cory had some flying one handers that reed never pulled off.

Jeffers only had a handful of dunks and they were all nasty. One in particuliar, I don't remember the opponent. Jeffers would dunk on people, maybe the only Billiken who could pull that off.

Douglas' Alley oops were a thing of beauty, every game he'd go swooping in for one.

Johnson dunked similar to Reed. Nothing special just had a lot of them.

Hughes had some nice dunks. The NCAA against UK where he inbounded it off Padgett's back and slammed it was great.

Tommie Liddell had some very nice ones as well. That put back slam was classic.

Top slams would be Jeffers one, I think against Charlotte maybe, then Sloan's on Frye and Danny Brown's.

TLIII - 6.9 RPG as a freshman. 2nd on team to Vouyoukas that season.

Willie Reed - 4.6 RPG as a freshman. 2nd on team to TLIII that season.

Cody Ellis - 4.9 RPG as a freshman. 2nd on team to Willie Reed that season.

Dwayne Evans - 6.5 RPG as a freshman. Led the team that season.

Since RA played a year in a

Prep school league, I anticipate he will be more acclimated to the college game just as TL III was. Tanner L. May well have the tools but could need a few games to get going.

hughes has to be included. i dont remember him inbounds to himself vs kentucky and dunking, but i do remember him doing it in a league game vs louisville.

all time favorite single dunk for me was jeffers jumping over messiah from st bonnie. unbelieveable.

hughes has to be included. i dont remember him inbounds to himself vs kentucky and dunking, but i do remember him doing it in a league game vs louisville.

all time favorite single dunk for me was jeffers jumping over messiah from st bonnie. unbelieveable.

In a high school game Hughes was part of the greatest alley oop I ever saw.

He grabbed a rebound and broke down the sideline. He started to do a spin move but got bumped at half court. So with his back to the basket he threw a one handed lob over his head from half court. Keith Hibler a big power forward/center game running from the baseline and slammed it home.

I had never heard a reaction like that from one play. When he let it go everybody was wondering what the hell he was doing. When Hibler caught it the place exploded.

MO Jeffers and "the dunk" was amazing and so was Sloan's. Hughes inbound to himself is one of my favorite Billiken memories. I also loved the smaller guys getting up. Justin Love and Kwamain getting up for a dunk was fun to see. Remekun had a great one handed monster dunk this past season. Bonner had a great 360 dunk at the old Kiel after stealing the ball and running down court. I can't remember the opponent.

Willie was on the fastest leapers I ever saw though.

I can't believe Anthony Bonner's name isn't being mentioned. Maybe I dreamed this too; but it seems AB was the favorite All time Alley Oop target when he played with Monroe Douglas and Roland Gray. I always worried Larry Hughes was going to get broken driving to basket. I never had that concern with Bonner.

Footes driving the length of the floor to dunk absolutely mortified Grawer who always chose grind over talent

My top 5 would be:

Willie

Willie

Willie

Willie

Willie

Willie was just so explosive. His legs were like springs.

is it wrong for me to expect dunks like this from reggie agbeko??? especially, :13 and :39. favorite moment: 1:05. dunk on a dude, knock him over, chest pass it into his gut right in front of the ref as he lies on the ground. hahahahahaha. gotdamn i used to love that video. definitely my favorite off of NBA superstars, which i still have on VHS. HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE