A-10 schedule

If it makes you feel better Michael Decourey, from The Sporting News and based in Cincinnati, says he doesn't expect Ash to ever play in the A10.

well yes that does brighten my day a notch.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it's all about perspective but this article suggests we got screwed with the A-10 schedule because its too hard!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/umass-biggest-winner-wednesday-release-atlantic-10-schedule-230040793.html

It's funny, because I think if you asked nearly everyone on this board we'd want it to be as hard as possible and would gladly switch out the second games with Duq and GM with additional games with LaSalle, St. Joes or UMass.

I guess it's all about perspective but this article suggests we got screwed with the A-10 schedule because its too hard!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/umass-biggest-winner-wednesday-release-atlantic-10-schedule-230040793.html

It's funny, because I think if you asked nearly everyone on this board we'd want it to be as hard as possible and would gladly switch out the second games with Duq and GM with additional games with LaSalle, St. Joes or UMass.

It's hard in that we have to play most of the better opponents on the road.

I get to see them at La Salle, at St. Joe's and at MasoNation. Even a logner trip to Richmond woulnd't be bad but do I want to subject myself to those fans? The Siegel cenetr is quite a zoo.

gotta give kshoe credit when he posts something right. i am completely in agreement. no walk in the park schedule is welcome. it should always be a challenge.

The article lost all credibility when he named UMass' coach (Derek Kellogg) a starting guard (presumably he meant transfer Derrick Gordon). But the article was, of course, written presuming W-L record was the only thing that matter and in that sense UMass should be able to get a better seed than otherwise (and most likely reduce their chances of getting to the NCAA).

I should be able to go to UMass game regardless so hopefully that is the Wed/Thursday option and maybe I can get to Rhodey as well if that is the weekend option.

Does anyone have a ductwork prospectus for the road games this year?

The Mullins center (UMass) ceiling is dominated by girders (nice acoustic dampening on the concourses) but I am sure there are some ducts up there. The Ryan Center (Rhodey) has large diagonal ductwork and plenty of girders. Hopefully others can fill in the key details in other places.

The Mullins center (UMass) ceiling is dominated by girders (nice acoustic dampening on the concourses) but I am sure there are some ducts up there. The Ryan Center (Rhodey) has large diagonal ductwork and plenty of girders. Hopefully others can fill in the key details in other places.

How's Gola?

I still think the new BE will announce 2 additional teams for the 2014 season before this deadline.

I've given up hope on anything happening before June 30. They don't even have a commissioner yet and there is only 17 days left in the month.