A-10 schedule

Looks like we have a lot of the tougher teams on the road this year. The home schedule looks hideous

Home : Fordham, GW, Richmond, St. Bonnie, UD, Duq, George Mason, and VCU

Away : LaSalle, St Joes, UMass, Rhode Island, UD, Duq, George Mason, and VCU

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think for this one year only our goal should be to repeat as league and tournament champions-giving us the automatic bid and the space to get it together for the final run. If we move to another league our strategy might be different

Looks like they just flipped our away games from last year into home games and vice versa and and added the 4 home and homes with UD, Duq, GM and VCU.

To compare from last year; here are the differences:

- Butler twice becomes George Mason twice

- Temple once becomes VCU a second time

- Xavier once becomes Dayton a second time

- Charlotte once becomes Duquesne a second time

Only major difference there is Butler vs. GM and the difference between Dayton and Xavier.

If you compare it to two years ago, here is the difference:

- Temple once becomes George Mason once (weaker)

- Charlotte once becomes George Mason once (same)

- Xavier twice becomes VCU twice (same)

Basically, we are hurt by the Temple vs. George Mason give-up.

Looks like they just flipped our away games from last year into home games and vice versa and and added the 4 home and homes with UD, Duq, GM and VCU.

To compare from last year; here are the differences:

- Butler twice becomes George Mason twice

- Temple once becomes VCU a second time

- Xavier once becomes Dayton a second time

- Charlotte once becomes Duquesne a second time

Only major difference there is Butler vs. GM and the difference between Dayton and Xavier.

If you compare it to two years ago, here is the difference:

- Temple once becomes George Mason once (weaker)

- Charlotte once becomes George Mason once (same)

- Xavier twice becomes VCU twice (same)

Basically, we are hurt by the Temple vs. George Mason give-up.

Overall, our schedule is roughly the same. It's just our home schedule is awfully soft and there are really only two or three buzzworthy games at home (VCU, Dayton, maybe Richmond?). Hopefully one or two of the teams coming to us will be surprises.

Overall, our schedule is roughly the same. It's just our home schedule is awfully soft and there are really only two or three buzzworthy games at home (VCU, Dayton, maybe Richmond?). Hopefully one or two of the teams coming to us will be surprises.

Undoubtedly, it will be hard to sell many new season tickets with the home schedule shaping up the way it is.

I don't think it is bad, could have been much worse.

Important part is VCU (with us the best team in the A10) and UD, our only Midwest rival left.

I agree. If the A10 was really trying to screw us it'd be a home and home with the Bonnies. Hopefully we are done forever with them.......

The A10 doesn't want to screw SLU. If we leave (a huge IF at this point), they get to keep all of our tournament credits for this year. It is in their best interest for us to make the NCAA.

I don't think it is bad, could have been much worse.

Important part is VCU (with us the best team in the A10) and UD, our only Midwest rival left.

Agreed. I think the A-10 is doing its best to give us as nice a schedule as possible. They probably also want their two top programs (at the moment) to play each other twice for TV sakes.

It's just the luck of the draw that our home schedule is what it is. Part of it is that last year's home schedule was so good, but also because of X, Temple, and Butler's departure, three teams we would've had at home this year.

Looks like we have a lot of the tougher teams on the road this year. The home schedule looks hideous

Home : Fordham, GW, Richmond, St. Bonnie, UD, Duq, George Mason, and VCU

Away : LaSalle, St Joes, UMass, Rhode Island, UD, Duq, George Mason, and VCU

If done properly, this schedule does set up well for a bunch of Thursday - Saturday road trips with limited issues:

Lasalle/St. Joes, UMass/Rhode Island, George Mason/VCU and even Dayton/Pitt could be done with one flight in, a bus ride to the next city and a flight back.

Not that losing Temple, Butler and X will ever be considered a good thing, but one silver lining is that when CBS Sports and NBC Sports go to select their A-10 games this season (and I assume they contractually will be showing the same number of games this year, if not more) they are going to want a lot of SLU games. We should get even more national t.v. than we did last season. Of course, having every game on Fox Sports 1 with the Big East would be even better...

Uri and St. Bonaventure should be guaranteed wins(possibly hopefully there are no more losses like the one to Uri like last yr) but anything can happen St.Bonaventure was only good like once i can remember when they had nicholson.

I hope we can get the Rhode Island monkey off our back this year. In years past, we've lost to them, Bonaventure and Duquesne with superior teams, so you can't count anyone out. Well, maybe Fordham.

I hope we can get the Rhode Island monkey off our back this year. In years past, we've lost to them, Bonaventure and Duquesne with superior teams, so you can't count anyone out. Well, maybe Fordham.

ik that basketball is a game where anyone can win at any time. Plus we don't even know how good other teams are in the conference yet and the season hasn't started.

ik that basketball is a game where anyone can win at any time. Plus we don't even know how good other teams are in the conference yet and the season hasn't started.

ik? as in "ick that is nasty?"