OT: OkieBilliken

I'm at Ft. Sill, OK (80 mi away getting warnings)

this week, was going to visit the town of Purcell OK which is about 25 mi or so from Moore. Good thing for me the storm hit before I was planing to be on the road.

I'm saying a prayer for everyone there and I hope Okie Bill and his family are ok. I have a few friends from my USAF days that live in Moore that I've been thinking of. I haven't been in contact with them for years and I pray that they are also ok. This hits home a little for me as I was playing the Guinness baseball game for the Joplin tornado victims while this one was hitting just a few hundred miles away. It's truly sad

Thanks all for the thoughts and prayers. Thankfully we live on the NW side of town. Its amazing. We got a few clouds yesterday, no rain at my office at all, and 15 miles away total and complete devastation. We have a supervisor in my office that we havent heard from yet who lives in Moore, which is scary.

A funnel went right by our house on Sunday and we thought that was pretty intense. Then one day later this happens 15 miles away. My wife went from really wanting to leave the state, to REALLY REALLY F'ING wanting to leave this state.

Thanks all for the thoughts and prayers. Thankfully we live on the NW side of town. Its amazing. We got a few clouds yesterday, no rain at my office at all, and 15 miles away total and complete devastation. We have a supervisor in my office that we havent heard from yet who lives in Moore, which is scary.

A funnel went right by our house on Sunday and we thought that was pretty intense. Then one day later this happens 15 miles away. My wife went from really wanting to leave the state, to REALLY REALLY F'ING wanting to leave this state.

One word......HURRICANES.....

C'mon the woman lived on a freaking island.....

Glad you're safe bro......

Glad to hear you're all right. Amazing how your place made it through unscathed while there was total devastation so close.

If your wife wants to leave so badly, what's keeping you guys there? Work? Just curious. I like OKC but find Tulsa to be one of the most boring cities in the US. The rest of the state is fairly boring, too, from what I've seen. I'd have a tough time living there.

Glad everyone is safe. Idk were everyone is from so I don't know if there is anyone else we should be waiting to hear from. They locked us in the basement of Maryville a couple weeks ago, I hope the same doesn't happen again tonight.

One word......HURRICANES.....

C'mon the woman lived on a freaking island.....

Glad you're safe bro......

Thanks. Hurricanes don't sneak up on a classroom full of children. They give you a weeks notice that they will be destroying your house.

Glad to hear you're all right. Amazing how your place made it through unscathed while there was total devastation so close.

If your wife wants to leave so badly, what's keeping you guys there? Work? Just curious. I like OKC but find Tulsa to be one of the most boring cities in the US. The rest of the state is fairly boring, too, from what I've seen. I'd have a tough time living there.

Work is the only reason we are here. We are trying to get back to Jacksonville, FL as soon as possible. There are very good work opportunities in Oklahoma; very business friendly.

I like OKC but find Tulsa to be one of the most boring cities in the US. The rest of the state is fairly boring, too, from what I've seen. I'd have a tough time living there.

I've heard people say that Oklahoma City is OK-see

Every place in the world has something good or nice about it, regardless of all the other negative issues it may have. The problem is to find the good things and enjoy them. Oklahoma is a vast state and has areas of great beauty. It is beset by recurrent natural disasters, but the people there know how to rebuild and heal. They are very different from Florida or Massachusetts, but they have every reason to feel proud of the many good things in their home state. My prayers to them, particularly the children.

Every place in the world has something good or nice about it, regardless of all the other negative issues it may have. The problem is to find the good things and enjoy them. Oklahoma is a vast state and has areas of great beauty. It is beset by recurrent natural disasters, but the people there know how to rebuild and heal. They are very different from Florida or Massachusetts, but they have every reason to feel proud of the many good things in their home state. My prayers to them, particularly the children.

Yeah, if you get intestinal parasites, at least you lose weight. So that's a good thing.

Sorry I'm bitter. We are about 5 minutes from another Tornado Warning.

Yeah, if you get intestinal parasites, at least you lose weight. So that's a good thing.

Sorry I'm bitter. We are about 5 minutes from another Tornado Warning.

I got an intestinal parasite yesterday. I lost 7 lbs and my abs are back. Fuok yeah.

Come on guys there is no need for this bitterness about the place you call home. I have lived in worse places, with intestinal parasites (which I had as a kid a couple of times) and still liked and remember the place I called home

Milwaukeebill, thanks for putting me in the same category with Russell Wilson. Billikenfan05, you do describe a way to get intestinal parasites but only if the worms' eggs are present in the area you are licking. You can also get these by drinking tainted water, walking barefoot in the fields, eating uncooked foods, and being bit by certain kinds of bugs.

Milwaukeebill, thanks for putting me in the same category with Russell Wilson. Billikenfan05, you do describe a way to get intestinal parasites but only if the worms' eggs are present in the area you are licking. You can also get these by drinking tainted water, walking barefoot in the fields, eating uncooked foods, and being bit by certain kinds of bugs.

If I know Jimbo....it's the former.