No news is good news?

slu72

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am tempted to show up at this Thursday and scream "who the f*ck is our basketball coach" during the Q&A. I wonder if they will have snipers inside?

Open House for Saint Louis University's Workforce Center

Thursday, April 11, 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM

2nd Floor, Wool Center, Saint Louis University

Center Blessing @ 3:00 PM - Father Biondi

Don't Miss Out! Join Father Biondi for the blessing of SLU's new Center for Workforce & Organizational Development at 3 pm on April 11th. Refreshments and facility tours will be provided, and Q&A sessions will be held. This will be a great opportunity to learn more about SLU's state-of-the-art training facility as well as meet the Center's instructors and staff.

Complimentary parking is available in the Theresa lot, north of the Wool Center. Call 314.977.3226 or email [email protected] for more information.

There are 3 Easy Way To RSVP: 1) PHONE 2) EMAIL 3) ONLINE

is anyone defending it? if so, how/why??

implicitly, of course, the higher administration/president might defend it. but again; welcome to my world! I would not hammer the AD, btw.

"How anyone can defend this is beyond me..." is something I've heard countless SLU folks (mainly professors, chairs, & administrators) say over the past several years, regarding a number of much more grievous errors than announcing the extension of Jim Crews.

We have a "Wool Center"? Sounds itchy.

Did any of you guys maybe an insider hear when they would announce the head coach? Anyone besides me notice that this is taking a while?

I am tempted to show up at this Thursday and scream "who the f*ck is our basketball coach" during the Q&A. I wonder if they will have snipers inside?

Don't Miss Out! Join Father Biondi for the blessing of SLU's new Center for Workforce & Organizational Development at 3 pm on April 11th. Refreshments and facility tours will be provided, and Q&A sessions will be held. This will be a great opportunity to learn more about SLU's state-of-the-art training facility as well as meet the Center's instructors and staff.

Complimentary parking is available in the Theresa lot, north of the Wool Center. Call 314.977.3226 or email [email protected] for more information.

I'm not an insider just a moron, and since we morons can do anything because people will say, "Aww, he's just another message board moron.", I'm hereby naming Jim Crews, the NBAC Coach of the year, as full time interim head coach of Saint Louis University. There. Done. Finis. We don't need no stinking presser that'll cost the AD about a grand for food and drink.

Now JC get out there and get us more guys like Reggie (Duke talk).

Did you get this off ESPN's NCAAM web page?

Seriously --- what the hell is the Wool Center? I know I don't live there anymore but this is news to me.

And after a littlew research, bingo, I find it. It's in the pie slice that is the "V" just west of where Lindell shoots off from Olive. I think that was the bar "Ballhooters" when I went to SLU. Right across from Tegler and Tegler Aud?

Well, that's certainly important and dwarfs all other issues --- NO MATTER WHAT!

If he had information that the rest of posters generally do not, he is an insider even if in a slightly different sense. Either way, I want to hear from people like him.

I don't disagree - my point was that his specialty was recruiting not inside stuff about SLU

is anyone defending it? if so, how/why??

implicitly, of course, the higher administration/president might defend it. but again; welcome to my world! I would not hammer the AD, btw.

"How anyone can defend this is beyond me..." is something I've heard countless SLU folks (mainly professors, chairs, & administrators) say over the past several years, regarding a number of much more grievous errors than announcing the extension of Jim Crews.

I agree - this is not Mays doing.

Seriously --- what the hell is the Wool Center? I know I don't live there anymore but this is news to me.

And after a littlew research, bingo, I find it. It's in the pie slice that is the "V" just west of where Lindell shoots off from Olive. I think that was the bar "Ballhooters" when I went to SLU. Right across from Tegler and Tegler Aud?

Well, that's certainly important and dwarfs all other issues --- NO MATTER WHAT!

I thought SLU was opening a School of Textiles. There is plenty of grass upon which the sheep can graze.

It's a building that used to be a government office building across from Tegler. Named after Marvin Wool.

Biondi is the problem. This is a pure symbol of Biondi's power, he rules all. Typical. How many days now, 18?

The 6'8" PF verbal is a very, very good sign, though. If JC is named today, maybe we can still sign another top flight recruit or two. Strong spring recruits have to be wondering.

SLU 72 Fan has inside information. PDiddy has insider information. For Da Love is close to the team. Billikan is a well-connected donor. Occasionally, some of the rest of us regulars, including AlumniFan, even have access to some info. Jimbo brings the humor and nice photos.

I am late to the game, but my impressions is that this is pretty accurate.

I will say though that just because you donate does not mean you have correct information. I have had "insiders" (donors, people within SLU, media) tell me things that did not prove out to be true over the years. Heck, just compare it to your job or life. How often does an outsider know the full story?

I am late to the game, but my impressions is that this is pretty accurate.

I will say though that just because you donate does not mean you have correct information. I have had "insiders" (donors, people within SLU, media) tell me things that did not prove out to be true over the years. Heck, just compare it to your job or life. How often does an outsider know the full story?

+1

Look at how many "insiders" completely missed the boat on the Sodie firing.

And now, not one "insider" has explained why there is such a long delay. I don't think they know. Sure, some people know a few things, but with this program, there are very few true insiders.

http://www.slu.edu/an-nl-wool-building-naming-517

just east of the fabulously beautiful sculpture garden at Lindell & Grand; medium brown brick.

When my wife and I were back on campus to catch the Butler and Dayton games, last time was five years ago when Chaifetz opened and we attended the Dayton game, we noticed the sculpture park, We thought it was a dog park (several dogs were in the park running around and christening the statues). We thought that was pretty neat and unique. :D

I've now had two casual friends, people who are casual Billiken fans in part based on our recent success, ask me "WTF is wrong with SLU?" in the past few days in reference to our seeming inablity to address our coaching issue. Anecdotal, but I bet it's not just a couple of outliers. Having lunch with some old friends today and will be interested to see if the subject comes up.