Cody Ellis Appreciation Thread

grunky

The guy is deadly with the pick & pop, forces bookoo turnovers, and is a great representative of our University. Not to mention he should be starting, but comes off the bench like a champ! I for one, appreciate Cody Ellis!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="grunky" data-cid="350209" data-time="1362635693"><p>

The guy is deadly with the pick & pop, forces bookoo turnovers, and is a great representative of our University. Not to mention he should be starting, but comes off the bench like a champ! I for one, appreciate Cody Ellis!</p></blockquote>

Bookoo is not the correct spelling. I'm shocked you aren't shitting on him. In other news Cody's a great player.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="slufan13" data-cid="350231" data-time="1362637074"><p>

You can get your hair dyed blue on the concourse before Saturday's game</p></blockquote>

Isn't that stuff supposed to stay in your hair for a while? I can't show up to school Monday with blue hair

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="slufan13" data-cid="350231" data-time="1362637074"><p>

You can get your hair dyed blue on the concourse before Saturday's game</p></blockquote>

Isn't that stuff supposed to stay in your hair for a while? I can't show up to school Monday with blue hair

You can always dye your hair back to its original color

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="slubillikens43" data-cid="350232" data-time="1362637306"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="slufan13" data-cid="350231" data-time="1362637074"><p><br />

You can get your hair dyed blue on the concourse before Saturday's game</p></blockquote><br />

Isn't that stuff supposed to stay in your hair for a while? I can't show up to school Monday with blue hair</p></blockquote>

It washes out in one shower. I was the crash test dummy

Cody Ellis is a great representative of someone who is a Billiken through and through.

Those attacks directed at him, and at Lauren, on twitter throughout the night were so bush league. Can't believe that stuff. But hey, if they're hatin', you know you're doing something right.

BANG! From Down Under! Cody Ellis with the trey!

CE, KM, and CR should all get the start for senior day on Saturday

Who would have thought they would be ranked so high this late in the season.

Let's hope they all make their first bucket and one

He's the human Charge Card. Someone ought to make a large mock Visa Card with an Aussie background and a pic of CE. The guy's been a great Billiken. Putting up w/ the NCAA crap at the beginning when he could have stayed home and chased bikini clad Sheilas all day. His D development has been fun to watch, especially the charge calls. And every flop earns a 10 in my book. Plus he looks like a guy you could have some Fosters with and ending up laughing alot. I sure hope he waltzes against LaSalle and we boomerang from the X fiasco.

Shooters have to shoot to be effective and Cody is a shooter.

It just was not his night.

I hope he comes out gunning on Saturday.

Although I never want someone to go 0-16 from the field, I am glad Cody's worst shooting performance is behind him.

Also, he didn't take more than a couple of questionable shots, imo. Generally, he was either wide open or taking a normal shot within the offence.

Not knocking CE at all, he's a favorite, but I'm thinking something was wrong with his stroke. He was not even close on just about all those 3s. His elbow flare up?

i thought the same thing. best to describe his shots with "wide right" or "wide left". just nothing even close.

you tell me last night that cody would go 0-14 and i assume we got blown out, not make it to overtime. so in perspective, nice that we did as well as we did with our arguably best three point shooter, just in another alternate evil universe last night.

amazingly, i am very calm. just seems like it was a happening and back to business today. as someone mentioned in another thread, let's just start another nine game win streak.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="billiken_roy" data-cid="350301" data-time="1362670302"><p>

<br />

i thought the same thing. best to describe his shots with "wide right" or "wide left". just nothing even close. <br />

<br />

you tell me last night that cody would go 0-14 and i assume we got blown out, not make it to overtime. so in perspective, nice that we did as well as we did with our arguably best three point shooter, just in another alternate evil universe last night.<br />

<br />

amazingly, i am very calm. just seems like it was a happening and back to business today. as someone mentioned in another thread, let's just start another nine game win streak. </p></blockquote>

Well said, Roy. It's weird not having to fret after every loss. Sure, a win would've been nice, but I'm confident the bills will come out strong Saturday.

I appreciate what Cody has done in his career. He's not a great Billiken, he's a good one.

However, he should not be exempt from criticism for his game last night. At some point in this tight of a game he needed to quit shooting and quit forcing the shot. All in all the Bills seemed to lose their patience on offense and find the right shot. They forced the ball numerous times, faded from contact on drives and just looked out of sync.

Cody will be missed next year for sure. The way he transformed his game on the defensive end is amazing. Rough night for sure but that happens, he will rebound and be huge for us in the tourney.

Don't get me wrong, I love Cody. I'll stand and cheer and try not to get misty eyed when he and the other seniors get announced Saturday afternoon.

But I don't know what was going through his mind yesterday. Every shot he took was off balance. Nothing looked good out of his hand, in the air, and certainly as it got to the goal. I found myself looking at our rebounders every time he began his shot. He was just totally, completely, utterly off. It didn't look like him shooting it.

Until last night, I - like everyone else here - had been trying not to put too much into how little he's been scoring lately. Sat on that 1000-point mark 2 games longer than we expected and then hasn't been able to add to it. Should we be worried? Or is last night a wake-up call to get in position, get set, and take better shots?

Also, he was absolutely lost on defense a few times yesterday. This is not going to be a comfortable film session for him.

Cody will be missed next year for sure. The way he transformed his game on the defensive end is amazing. Rough night for sure but that happens, he will rebound and be huge for us in the tourney.

I never thought I would say this but Cody could learn a thing or two from DirtyRican about bouncing back from tough performances, they happen. How many times in DirtyRican baseball career did he go 0-5, follow it up with another 0-5 performance, but come back with a solid 1-4 game? Countless times. Gotta have short memory.

I wish we had Ellis for 1 more year.