Cody Ellis Appreciation Thread

grunky

He had a bad game that happens.

But Im worried. This wasnt just a bad game it has been a bad couple weeks. I heard on 590 this morning he is 3 for his last 30+. Thats not good.

He needs to get it going and soon.

OT

Still a lot if positive Bills talk today on local sports talk.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have appreciated it if he passed the rock a few extra times after starting the game 0-10, etc., but that's just me. Not "ripping" the kid to say he clearly wasn't feeling it last night (and hasn't for a couple weeks now), like say, Mr. McCall Jr. was. Doesn't mean I like him any less because of it...

Hopefully his SI cover jinx has expired.

holy your right it's one voodoo type thing i believe in. wow. usually when he's not feeling it he does other things and shies away from 3's, but not last night. We got to get our mojo back no matter what Saturday. If we don't dominate like we did other home games during streak it will be troubling.

Cody has been fun to watch this year. He has really developed as a player and a leader. I will miss him next year.

I'm sure he feels worse than anyone about last night. But ALL players have a bad game now and then or a slump. It's not permanent and he WILL come out of it. Just glad it's happening now and hopefully he will be back in full force for the tourney. He is an awesome player!

I didn't know that the couple behind the bench were his parents until today. That's too funny! My kid always tell us that we make her nervous when we come to her games. But to sit right behind the players' bench? What were they thinking?? Put them up about 30 rows!! Haha!

I think Cody's parents should be forced to leave the country untill after the NCAA Tournament. Painful night for them and Cody. I posted about ten wtf,omg type posts in the game thread that fortunately got lost in the server issue. Cody needs a few hundred practice shots and some Chaifets home cooking to heal him up. What's the over/under on charges for senior night?

Looks like we may be in luck. Unless he misses them but they are still here: @codyellis24: Sooooo good seeing my parents and hanging out with them again. #MissThem

I would have appreciated it if he passed the rock a few extra times after starting the game 0-10, etc., but that's just me. Not "ripping" the kid to say he clearly wasn't feeling it last night (and hasn't for a couple weeks now), like say, Mr. McCall Jr. was. Doesn't mean I like him any less because of it...

I've thought about this too... but, the bottom line is Ellis is a scorer. Granted, he had a miserable night. But, I think he did the right thing and continued to shoot.

I've thought about this too... but, the bottom line is Ellis is a scorer. Granted, he had a miserable night. But, I think he did the right thing and continued to shoot.

No. I know the coach told him to keep shooting but in that game there was a reason he was open so much. He could have started taking it to the basket or come in closer for the short range jumper. If he does not break out of his slump soon, well, we've won without him scoring much but it's so much easier when he does. It also helps open the middle for Evans.

Well that stinks... I think in situations like that he just has to remember all those people can't walk the walk they talk. That's why they're criticizing from their couches. He's looking down on em. Go Cody! He's become one of my absolute favorites... Although this year, they all have! (Sorry highmark : /)

Well that stinks... I think in situations like that he just has to remember all those people can't walk the walk they talk. That's why they're criticizing from their couches. He's looking down on em. Go Cody! He's become one of my absolute favorites... Although this year, they all have! (Sorry highmark : /)

-Kitty taking on Taj, I like it!!!! let's settle this one in Salina, Kansas, too