Cody Ellis Appreciation Thread

grunky

I never thought I would say this but Cody could learn a thing or two from DirtyRican about bouncing back from tough performances, they happen. How many times in DirtyRican baseball career did he go 0-5, follow it up with another 0-5 performance, but come back with a solid 1-4 game? Countless times. Gotta have short memory.

I wish we had Ellis for 1 more year.

hahahaha, nice.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never thought I would say this but Cody could learn a thing or two from DirtyRican about bouncing back from tough performances, they happen. How many times in DirtyRican baseball career did he go 0-5, follow it up with another 0-5 performance, but come back with a solid 1-4 game? Countless times. Gotta have short memory.

I wish we had Ellis for 1 more year.

That is why they call him the All American "Kid"

I think Cody's parents should be forced to leave the country untill after the NCAA Tournament. Painful night for them and Cody. I posted about ten wtf,omg type posts in the game thread that fortunately got lost in the server issue. Cody needs a few hundred practice shots and some Chaifets home cooking to heal him up. What's the over/under on charges for senior night?

I think Cody's parents should be forced to leave the country untill after the NCAA Tournament. Painful night for them and Cody. I posted about ten wtf,omg type posts in the game thread that fortunately got lost in the server issue. Cody needs a few hundred practice shots and some Chaifets home cooking to heal him up. What's the over/under on charges for senior night?

Agree about his parents. I am not sure if we could arrange for deportation due to throwing off his son's shot but what if we found where he was pre-game and temporarily kidnapped him by throwing him into Backhand's trunk for a few hours??? Then after the game let him go, apologize, and maybe give him a high five.

Xavier students had the "USA! USA! USA!" chant going whenever he went to the FT line. Classy.

Yeah because the USA and Austrailia have such a historically adversarial relationship......

I do like the Texas Roadhouse better than Outback for a chain steak restaurant though.....

Yeah because the USA and Austrailia have such a historically adversarial relationship......

I do like the Texas Roadhouse better than Outback for a chain steak restaurant though.....

Didn't work, either. Free throws were the one thing working for him last night.

I'll also agree on the chain steakhouse choice there. I've been to each once and preferred the Roadhouse.

The debate about Cody's parents raged on through the night at the Fieldhouse... sending them back might be a stretch, but maybe find them a comfortable seat somewhere in the upper tank and not right behind the bench.

I always hated the games in high school where my Dad would stand right behind the backstop when I was pitching. You get tense about wanting to perform for your parents...it's human nature. It's great they flew all the way here, but let's find them different seats for LaSalle.

amazingly, i am very calm. just seems like it was a happening and back to business today. as someone mentioned in another thread, let's just start another nine game win streak.

A 9 game winning streak only gets us to the National Championship game. I'm hoping for a 10.

CE's a shooter. He needs to shoot when he's open, and JC kept telling him to shoot as long as the shot was there. Best thing for CE to do is put this out of his mind, have a Fosters, and go rub Billy's belly.

Except Cody was clearly frustrated and forcing it. Many of the shots he may have been open, but he wasn't squared up and set to shoot. He should have forgotten his shot and just let the opportunities come to him. I didn't know his parents were in the stands, I'd guess they haven't seen him play that much. I can certainly see how he'd want to have a good game and when the 1st few good looks didn't fall ...

-CE did force a few shots and got lost on defense a couple times, but I am not trading him, he has way too many good moments still to come for us!!!

-he also should expect that if you do things to bring attention to yourself you become an easy target, but to bring his girlfriend into the mix, that crosses my line

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="BANG! He Got It!" data-cid="350249" data-time="1362641105"><p>

Cody Ellis is a great representative of someone who is a Billiken through and through. <br />

<br />

Those attacks directed at him, and at Lauren, on twitter throughout the night were so bush league. Can't believe that stuff. But hey, if they're hatin', you know you're doing something right. <br />

<br />

BANG! From Down Under! Cody Ellis with the trey! </p></blockquote>

What attacks? Did I miss something?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="BANG! He Got It!" data-cid="350249" data-time="1362641105"><p>

Cody Ellis is a great representative of someone who is a Billiken through and through. <br />

<br />

Those attacks directed at him, and at Lauren, on twitter throughout the night were so bush league. Can't believe that stuff. But hey, if they're hatin', you know you're doing something right. <br />

<br />

BANG! From Down Under! Cody Ellis with the trey! </p></blockquote>

Alot of people were tweeting CE and his GF with some pretty bad stuff. CE mentioned in one of his tweets after the game about it coming from SLU fans - "You can all keep hatin from up in the stands. Thought some of you bills "fans" were better than that.", but I am not sure if those tweeting him were Bills fans or college basketball lurkers due to our recent success and hype.

Can't wait to cheer on one of my favorite Billikens of all time in his last home game Saturday. Light it up, Cody!

Mostly not SLU fans. Mostly media and Xavier fans using Cody's handle or a hashtag with his name to criticize his game last night and him in general. And a few people were making fun of him using his girlfriend's handle. One guy posted a photo of their exchange and it made her look better. Not sure why he would still post it, as it made him look much worse.

Nothing too creative; mostly stuff about his hair and "flopping" - which, we agree on this board, is not flopping. Unfortunately, Cody and his girlfriend didn't ignore it. He didn't post anything stupid or inflammatory. Stayed positive. But man, ignore your critics.

He's the human Charge Card. Someone ought to make a large mock Visa Card with an Aussie background and a pic of CE. The guy's been a great Billiken. Putting up w/ the NCAA crap at the beginning when he could have stayed home and chased bikini clad Sheilas all day. His D development has been fun to watch, especially the charge calls. And every flop earns a 10 in my book. Plus he looks like a guy you could have some Fosters with and ending up laughing alot. I sure hope he waltzes against LaSalle and we boomerang from the X fiasco.

Bet a lot of those Shellas would be from here. Imagine Cody, a 6"8" national whatever team basketball player, you a hot babe on vacation in the exotic down under... low hanging fruit I'm guessing. and on topic so I'll say it again imagine if we would of red shirted him for that first 1/2 year!

There should be a law that says ... If you tweet negative shite about someone, they have the legal right to knock the fouck out of you without restriction or regard for your life.

I bet there isn't even 1 person that tweeted something that would say it to Cody's in person

There should be a law that says ... If you tweet negative shite about someone, they have the legal right to knock the fouck out of you without restriction or regard for your life.

I bet there isn't even 1 person that tweeted something that would say it to Cody's in person

True story there.

Mostly not SLU fans. Mostly media and Xavier fans using Cody's handle or a hashtag with his name to criticize his game last night and him in general. And a few people were making fun of him using his girlfriend's handle. One guy posted a photo of their exchange and it made her look better. Not sure why he would still post it, as it made him look much worse.

Nothing too creative; mostly stuff about his hair and "flopping" - which, we agree on this board, is not flopping. Unfortunately, Cody and his girlfriend didn't ignore it. He didn't post anything stupid or inflammatory. Stayed positive. But man, ignore your critics.

Cody Ellis has had a really nice career at SLU and he deserves a great ovation on Saturday afternoon. It is frustrating that people take pleasure in ripping a college kid for having a bad game, but that is the unfortunate result of social media. I just hope Cody realizes the people tweeting that crap to him and his girlfriend are not true SLU fans (it sounds like most are Xavier fans anyways) and that we are behind him (most of the Billiken faithful have no idea what twitter even is). I hope he puts last night behind him and goes out and lights it up Saturday afternoon.

Not to go against the point of this thread, but how could one say that Cody Ellis does not flop?

Cody is an outstanding Billiken.

It is thrilling when he hits extra long back-to-back three's "out of nowhere" to help us pull away from an opponent right when they thought they were back in the game.

We all thought of him as strictly a shooter, but he has become a very complete player, one of the smartest on the court, and his determination has resulted in him becoming a definite "plus" defender.

To boot, we all sense his charisma.

I hope he pours in 20+ on Senior Day, goes out in style in his last home game; and he's gotta take at least two or three "charges".

Cody Ellis has had a really nice career at SLU and he deserves a great ovation on Saturday afternoon. It is frustrating that people take pleasure in ripping a college kid for having a bad game, but that is the unfortunate result of social media. I just hope Cody realizes the people tweeting that crap to him and his girlfriend are not true SLU fans (it sounds like most are Xavier fans anyways) and that we are behind him (most of the Billiken faithful have no idea what twitter even is). I hope he puts last night behind him and goes out and lights it up Saturday afternoon.

Not to go against the point of this thread, but how could one say that Cody Ellis does not flop?

I've always envisioned a scene where Cody is walking up the tunnel at the Georgia Dome with the nets draped around his neck...out of a dark alleyway steps out Vlade Divac...half-lit cigarette...reeks of booze. He embraces Cody as his new protege. The legend continues...

g_divac_195.jpg