Pulling for Willie

I agree. I think if Willie succeeds in the NBA, it can only be good for SLU. On his facebook and twitter, he seems to be very supportive of the guys still on the team. I agree that he interviews well, and he definitely seems like he has his head on straight. Go Willie!

I like the look at :39 at the reporter. It is the sort of look saying.."why are you asking me this stupid question, don't you know who I am" hahaha

Go Willie!

It is a shame. Without that tramp, Willie would be a surefire first rounder. Hopefully he shows enough to get a late first round look from a team that needs a big.

Has anyone ever been to a NBA Draft? I just learned today (from the nephew of the BYU coach of all people) that the draft is in Newark. It is $23 to go, and it may be sort of neat spectacle. Anyone ever been?

Hopefully he shows enough to get a late second round look from a team that needs a big.

fixed.

There's no way he's going in the first round - even in a weak draft - although it's certainly possible that he impresses a GM enough to take a 2nd round chance on his raw athleticism.

There's always a market for athletic power forwards who can play D and rebound, but the established guys also tend to play forever. Willie needs a bit of luck (get drafted, hope someone gets hurt), and also needs to transform (and maybe working out in a professional environment will help) into gritty role player who works his ass off.

NBA Draft party at Applebees. Be there. We're gonna send Willie off to the NBA in style.

Unlimited spinach artichoke dip...Go Willie!

-wishing all the best for willie

-before he said anything i thought he looked like he had put on some weight

-he is saying the right things, at least in this interview, i hope he gets a shot and makes the most of it

-good luck willie

For whatever it is worth I saw a mock draft that projected Willie going to Boston in the 2nd round. I'm not too optimistic that he'll get drafted. Not only is Willie at a disadvantage compared to the college players who actually played last season, but there are also a lot of good foreign bigs in this draft.

For whatever it is worth I saw a mock draft that projected Willie going to Boston in the 2nd round. I'm not too optimistic that he'll get drafted. Not only is Willie at a disadvantage compared to the college players who actually played last season, but there are also a lot of good foreign bigs in this draft.

It is hard to say, there will be a staring contest by the teams at the end of the draft, and guys like Willie might get passed up because teams think they can pick them up after the draft. However, Willie supposedly played in a couple of pick up games with some higher picks and performed well in Las Vegas (that is complete hearsay though). The Pacers are also working him out, and L. Bird might have him pegged as a pick. If his name gets out there, then he will get drafted, he is definitely talented enough for it. Also, don't discount a local team like Memphis having knowledge of him. We will see, it will make the late second round exciting.

It is hard to say, there will be a staring contest by the teams at the end of the draft, and guys like Willie might get passed up because teams think they can pick them up after the draft. However, Willie supposedly played in a couple of pick up games with some higher picks and performed well in Las Vegas (that is complete hearsay though). The Pacers are also working him out, and L. Bird might have him pegged as a pick. If his name gets out there, then he will get drafted, he is definitely talented enough for it. Also, don't discount a local team like Memphis having knowledge of him. We will see, it will make the late second round exciting.

Willie has been invited to a lot of team tryouts, I'd say 10+ based on his tweets.

I wish him the best of luck.

Willie has been invited to a lot of team tryouts, I'd say 10+ based on his tweets.

I wish him the best of luck.

Willie's invited to my house to get his monkey ass WHUPPED in street hoops. CLACKALACKLACKLACK. I'm putting it out there that I think Willie will get drafted. He's been getting worked out by a lot of teams and those NBA GMs are worse than a gotdamn sewing circle.

Also. I would recommend not watching that video at work.

Willie's friend is pulling for Willie as well. Too bad he made the worst video ever. You know how you get to giggling about something and then right before you start to forget about it and move on, you just snot down your face thinking about it? That's what happens to me right when I start to forget about how terrible this video is. Oh well, dude tried, and hopefully, Willie makes it to dat league and has the caish to keep this savant in his posse.

I think Willie will be drafted. It's a weak draft for big men and the NBA has always over-weighted potential. They will look at his wing span, his hops, his ability to run the floor, to finish around the rim ... some team will bite. But even if he is drafted that doesn't mean he makes an NBA roster. It still comes down to whether Willie can dedicate himself to improve his size, strength, and conditioning (and improve his jumper). I'm mildly optimistic over reports Willie put on 15#. His face looked fuller, like an older dude, on the recent clip than when he played for SLU. Even getting to the D league would be an excellent opportunity for Willie. Then again, Willie squandered opportunities at SLU so we'll see what comes of it.

I think Willie will be drafted. It's a weak draft for big men and the NBA has always over-weighted potential. They will look at his wing span, his hops, his ability to run the floor, to finish around the rim ... some team will bite. But even if he is drafted that doesn't mean he makes an NBA roster. It still comes down to whether Willie can dedicate himself to improve his size, strength, and conditioning (and improve his jumper). I'm mildly optimistic over reports Willie put on 15#. His face looked fuller, like an older dude, on the recent clip than when he played for SLU. Even getting to the D league would be an excellent opportunity for Willie. Then again, Willie squandered opportunities at SLU so we'll see what comes of it.

WR's resume both in HS and college is so full of holes, he'll really need to impress in practices and exhibition games if he hopes to land a spot in the show. That said, good luck Willie.

WR's resume both in HS and college is so full of holes, he'll really need to impress in practices and exhibition games if he hopes to land a spot in the show. That said, good luck Willie.

Ive heard he was pretty impressive at some of the workouts.

With that said....my opinion on Willie is simple; I think he'll probably get drafted, or at least signed by someone, but there's no way he will make it the NBA. The kid has serious issues putting forth commitment and finishing anything he starts, and I don't think that will change anytime soon. I think it'll be D-League for Showtyme Reed. He could make good money if he decides to play in Europe instead.

I hope Willie gets drafted, but he probably will not. If not, I bet he will get significant playing time in the NBA, at least a couple of years. He missed his Sr. yr in high school, played one yr with RM and his soph yr he was a FACTOR. Vast potential.

He got screwed here. Big time. An opposing lawyer in student court? Only at SLU.

Now, a lot of you pile on (other threads), on his back about work ethic, class ethic, this, that, hey, what do you know?

He got screwed, and after awhile, based upon the way he was being treated (no practice, no tutors, etc) and figuring things out, he realized he should not continue with the charade and stay in class and play here next fall; hell, turn pro.

Give him a break... some second hand rumors and everyone is on his ass. He never touched the gal, and, what, they say he copied a paper and turned it in or something? He was in school, then thrown out on his butt.

At Auburn he would be Heisman material.

I bet he plays in the NBA. I wish him well.

don't think willie will get drafted based on talent in draft as well as him missing last year, but I think he will be picked up quickly as a free agent. Not worth a draft pick, but definitely worth a free agent contract for lots of teams.