Commitment

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. "Heard this blog" confirming a report from Evan Daniels?

Get out and see kids play, get out and see kids play some more. Then start a blog.

It is silly that we needed HeardThis to confirm this. I like the blog and hope it grows but Evan Daniels' credibility trumps them easily and will for a long time.

Nice get for SLU. I guess Rick was actually working at recruiting this spring.

Does anyone else think it's humorous that folks were up in arms that we didn't land Breunig (rated 87 by ESPN) or Chievous (84), but instead landed Glaze (90) out of the blue? Trust in the big man, folks. He knows what he's doing.

It sounds like this guy is a typical Majerus recruit - plays really hard and is willing to work hard to improve.

1) ESPN's ratings mean very little. I trust rivals more and they had Breunig higher.

2) RM definitely does know what he's doing. Which is how he can make up for, I think, putting in a lot less time and effort than a lot of head coaches.

3) When I saw this I thought the exact opposite. This sounds nothing like a typical RM recruit, which I love. Glaze fills a big hole on our roster.

2) RM definitely does know what he's doing. Which is how he can make up for, I think, putting in a lot less time and effort than a lot of head coaches

So maybe we should say that majerus is efficient instead of lazy. Afterall why should he waste time if he knows what he is doing and it isn't necessary to spend days and nights recruiting.

So maybe we should say that majerus is efficient instead of lazy. Afterall why should he waste time if he knows what he is doing and it isn't necessary to spend days and nights recruiting.

But what did Rick get on his ACT? And did an NBA scout tell him he'd make a good scout?

I worry the "efficiency" could come to bite us as the years of limited success continue.

Get out and see kids play, get out and see kids play some more. Then start a blog.

God, you really suck. Seriously, Dyson has nothing on you.

Now to the topic of the thread....... Nice pick up for Rickma and the boys.

As someone who once ran a rivals site, I can assure you that their ratings are an uninformed crapshoot just like everyone else. With the exception of about two dozen kids out of thousands of recruits, the so-called experts don't see a meaningful enough sampling to provide credible comparative rankings.

Lay off Ben and his blog. He is working his butt off on his own dime to bring news to Billiken fans, and he is doing a hell of a job doing it. Unless and until you are willing to put forth the time and skill to do the same, you should just shut your mouth and thank him for his work.

So you saw this kid play in Canada?

We all were lamenting the multiple recruiting misses over the spring. Majerus ends up with the best player in the bunch. Nice work by Coach and staff.

Glaze sounds very much like DE, maybe a bigger version. Glaze is 6'6 230, after a year of the Billikens weight training program he'll be 245-250. I'm not going to hold my breath but this guy could be the first legit PF we've had in a long time.

Can't wait to see some Spoonball lineups out there, KM, MM, JB, with DE and Glaze.

As someone who once ran a rivals site, I can assure you that their ratings are an uninformed crapshoot just like everyone else. With the exception of about two dozen kids out of thousands of recruits, the so-called experts don't see a meaningful enough sampling to provide credible comparative rankings.

Lay off Ben and his blog. He is working his butt off on his own dime to bring news to Billiken fans, and he is doing a hell of a job doing it. Unless and until you are willing to put forth the time and skill to do the same, you should just shut your mouth and thank him for his work.

Well said. Well said indeed. Gotta love the haters, though.

A great signing? Don't know, can't say. Sounds interesting ... "Barkely-esque" would be freaking wonderful. UNLV, Providence, Iowa State and St. Joe's in hunt. Not bad. Better than UNC-Wilmington, North Texas and Lamar, anyway. Prep school a plus. The note on the UNLV coach seems to show an ability to take coaching well.

What I like most is the sigh of relief I experienced regarding the shorin gup of the interior and adding a potential round mound of rebound player to our mix .. which is somethign we don't have.

Again, let's see how it all plays out but I feel substanially better about the possibilities now in front of us. And its got a whole lot better even witht he caution that spring signings can be deceiving. But this was a de-commit ---- not somone out there looking for a better offer or getting ya required test score.

So you saw this kid play in Canada?

I have not seen this kid play but I drove past his Prep School a few weeks ago! I do not got to HS games but Notre Dame prep had 12 D-1 prospects on its roster last season (it looks like about 9 accepted offers; fellow Canadian and PF Khem Birch was a big Pitt recruit, Mayo to Marquette, Hanner to Marshall, Nunez to Louisville, 2 guys to Fordham, one to Maine and one to Gardner Webb) and played in a lot of regional and national showcase events. In the past I have seen Notre Dame play at showcase events (but I do not go to these things anymore).

Grandy Glaze was ranked 4th on his team, tenth in Massachusetts preps, 30th in New England by NERR. In comparison, Jordair Jett was ranked by the same site as 31st last year and Barnett was ranked 33rd the year before (there seems to be a pattern here!).

http://www.newenglan...ssachusetts.php

http://www.newenglan...new_england.php

He asked for and received his release.

I guess with Kruger moving on to OK the new coach gave him a release. Rice, the new coach for UNLV, is kind of unknown who played with them during the early 90s glory years. Rare that UNLV would not go with a named coach.

Anyway, Glaze seems like a nice solid pickup. Potential to be one of Ricks best pick-ups in his tenure here at SLU.