Warmann on RM

Billboy1

Who is this guy that has no insight into the SLU program. I guess he's spent a lot of time around the program and players to get these views. This guy is a defiite outsider looking in-I hope next year RM freezes him from being anywhere near the program. RM must have refused to grant him an interview.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I said the same things ..... even considering I am not in St. Louis, I've never heard of this guy. What makes him the voice of reason here? I don't think any coach of this program can win over the local media w/o playing with a lot of local kids. And we all know that short of one or two players every so often, St. Louis cannot sustain a talent flow that makes you competitive. And those stars go elsewhere when given the choice.

This is a pretty serious leap by this guy .. never heard of him before yet he feels the ability to jump straight to a "buy out" position on Majerus. Pretty hilarious whne you look at it.

I said the same things ..... even considering I am not in St. Louis, I've never heard of this guy. What makes him the voice of reason here? I don't think any coach of this program can win over the local media w/o playing with a lot of local kids. And we all know that short of one or two players every so often, St. Louis cannot sustain a talent flow that makes you competitive. And those stars go elsewhere when given the choice.

This is a pretty serious leap by this guy .. never heard of him before yet he feels the ability to jump straight to a "buy out" position on Majerus. Pretty hilarious whne you look at it.

Valley TV announcer, KMOX host; Has a Tweet about not seeing town (Springfield) buzzing like this since Spoon was the coach; TV announcer for SIU game.

Does anyone know this guy's alma mater?

Buy out Rick Majerus? Utterly absurd. They know SLU is a threat with Majerus at the helm. Mo. State doesn't want to play SLU next year, interesting "scheduling conflict." Next year should be a great year to be a Billiken.

Valley TV announcer, KMOX host; Has a Tweet about not seeing town (Springfield) buzzing like this since Spoon was the coach; TV announcer for SIU game.

Does anyone know this guy's alma mater?

Buy out Rick Majerus? Utterly absurd. They know SLU is a threat with Majerus at the helm. Mo. State doesn't want to play SLU next year, interesting "scheduling conflict." Next year should be a great year to be a Billiken.

I am a lover and supporter of the Billikens, but this jerk does have a point of view that many people hold. RMs approach to the media (remember the fiasco last year with the talk show and Rammer?) is an embarassment. He does not 'play the game' which puts people off. It is part of the job of Head Coach, and he does not play it. We heard this when he arrived from the Utah fans. It is there. I accept it. I don't like it.

If RM talks with the media the way he answers questions from fans in his rambling, change the subject style I can see why they would not want to deal with him. Being civil is not too much to ask of folks. The media has their job to do as well as the coach. The public has a right to know what the coach is thinking about issues and the media is the way to find it out.

Heck, we read transcripts of his comments on 101.1 and we still are not sure what he is saying!

I love Rick Majerus, and love the direction of the program. I would like him to stay 2-3 more years. Last year was an abomination to the long suffering fans of SLU. If he were different towards the media, I believe the perception of the program would be different.

Warman is an ass, and is just stirring things up. I bet he hasn't been to more than 2 games at Chaifetz all year.

mhg

I am a lover and supporter of the Billikens, but this jerk does have a point of view that many people hold. RMs approach to the media (remember the fiasco last year with the talk show and Rammer?) is an embarassment. He does not 'play the game' which puts people off. It is part of the job of Head Coach, and he does not play it. We heard this when he arrived from the Utah fans. It is there. I accept it. I don't like it.

If RM talks with the media the way he answers questions from fans in his rambling, change the subject style I can see why they would not want to deal with him. Being civil is not too much to ask of folks. The media has their job to do as well as the coach. The public has a right to know what the coach is thinking about issues and the media is the way to find it out.

Heck, we read transcripts of his comments on 101.1 and we still are not sure what he is saying!

I love Rick Majerus, and love the direction of the program. I would like him to stay 2-3 more years. Last year was an abomination to the long suffering fans of SLU. If he were different towards the media, I believe the perception of the program would be different.

Warman is an ass, and is just stirring things up. I bet he hasn't been to more than 2 games at Chaifetz all year.

mhg

It's one thing for someone like Roy to castigate Majerus. It's another thing for a d-bag Valley guy to do it. Majerus is not the guy you want your daughter to bring home for dinner but he's building a solid bsketball program. Porter should be the media face of the Billikens.

mhg

Don’t get giving confusing rambling interviews confused with being civil.

When he talks it gives me a headache but I don’t think he is rude

Last year I could see saying he wasn’t civil, I didn’t have a problem with anything he did but I understand that some do.

It's one thing for someone like Roy to castigate Majerus. It's another thing for a d-bag Valley guy to do it. Majerus is not the guy you want your daughter to bring home for dinner but he's building a solid bsketball program. Porter should be the media face of the Billikens.

I wouldnt want a daughter of mine bringing him home but it would be cool if a second cousin or something was banging him and brought him over for Thanksgiving or Christmas.

I don't listen to "At Your Cervix" so I didn't know who Warmann is. Only Warmann I've heard of around here is the heating oil company. That said, yeah, he sounds like an outsider with no real grasp of (or interest in) the program. There are similar "dump Majerus" comments in response to TT's article about the RI game. I gotta believe most of these people don't go to many/ANY games anyway. And to constantly complain that we let a great coach like Sodie go and not see that the level of players here is WAY better than ever.....well, the only answer is to win. (sigh) Next year.

I don't listen to "At Your Cervix" so I didn't know who Warmann is. Only Warmann I've heard of around here is the heating oil company. That said, yeah, he sounds like an outsider with no real grasp of (or interest in) the program. There are similar "dump Majerus" comments in response to TT's article about the RI game. I gotta believe most of these people don't go to many/ANY games anyway. And to constantly complain that we let a great coach like Sodie go and not see that the level of players here is WAY better than ever.....well, the only answer is to win. (sigh) Next year.

We'll make room on the bandwagon for all those KMOX a-holes next year......

I've heard Scott Warman on the radio over the years and am surprised by this rant. He's certainly entitled to his opinions but it seems like his entire rant is based on the belief we won't be good next year. I suppose if I thought we'd suck next year I might have a similar opinion.

But I don't think we are going to be bad next year. In fact, I think the program is poised for three straight years of NCAA tournament appearances as long as RM keeps all the players around.

And as long as we are winning big all the things Warman is ranting about (lack of fans at Chaifetz, media lack of caring, etc.) will dissapear as issues.

It's true some of us haven't been happy with RM this year. I'm among that group but this article is just plain stupid.

The last 1/3 of the season I saw improvement in the team that gave me hope.

Barring unforeseen tragedies: Tsunami on the Mississippi or New Madrid Quake etc we will be good.

Just one question for the Jesuits, when should we start our Novenas 9 days from beginning of practice, 9 days prior to 1st exhibition game or 1st real game? Which Saint is appropriate? St. Jude? St. Louis? St. Francis Xavier?

It's true some of us haven't been happy with RM this year. I'm among that group but this article is just plain stupid.

Barring unforeseen tragedies: Tsunami on the Mississippi or New Madrid Quake etc we will be good.

You forgot asteroids...

I have my MS from SLU in Disaster Preparedness so I could come up with quite a few more possibilities. However that didn't prepare me for this season.

Perhaps they should move that program under the Athletic Department (can't hurt).

I have my MS from SLU in Disaster Preparedness so I could come up with quite a few more possibilities. However that didn't prepare me for this season.

Perhaps they should move that program under the Athletic Department (can't hurt).

Actually, shouldn't it be the other way around?

because of the poor way that rickma handles everything about the program except hands on basketball, the likes of this guy (I have no idea who this warmann guy is) and other local media, second tier boosters, casual fans, ancillary slu employees, area mid town businesses, local metro high school coaches and other potential recruit influences, have this perception. and while sure, rick is gearing up for a couple of good seasons on the court, he has done nothing to actually build the program beyond cream his own recruits to give himself that potential couple of year run.

what is likely going to happen, is he gets his two year run, retires and then the program will quickly regress because he didnt do the other things in program building to sustain his success. of course nothing will be his fault. and the poor followup walks into a firestorm.

too many of you are too close to realize that if the outsiders have this kind of a perception, there is a problem. and while short term rickma can indeed, "show this guy". long term i am afraid we are are going to fall hard.

Just one question for the Jesuits, when should we start our Novenas 9 days from beginning of practice, 9 days prior to 1st exhibition game or 1st real game? Which Saint is appropriate? St. Jude? St. Louis? St. Francis Xavier?

Are you unhappy with majerus this year because of his coaching or personally? Just curious. I thought coaching wise he did a great job this year bringing the freshman along.

because of the poor way that rickma handles everything about the program except hands on basketball, the likes of this guy (I have no idea who this warmann guy is) and other local media, second tier boosters, casual fans, ancillary slu employees, area mid town businesses, local metro high school coaches and other potential recruit influences, have this perception. and while sure, rick is gearing up for a couple of good seasons on the court, he has done nothing to actually build the program beyond cream his own recruits to give himself that potential couple of year run.

what is likely going to happen, is he gets his two year run, retires and then the program will quickly regress because he didnt do the other things in program building to sustain his success. of course nothing will be his fault. and the poor followup walks into a firestorm.

too many of you are too close to realize that if the outsiders have this kind of a perception, there is a problem. and while short term rickma can indeed, "show this guy". long term i am afraid we are are going to fall hard.