RM has had plenty of excuses. Here are a few off the top of my head:

1. I didn't choose them and they didn't choose me

2. Charter flights

3. Travel

4. Snowstorms

5. Youngest team in America

6. I need kids that don't want to leave the gym

7. I have to kiss his ass to take a shot

I am wrong, I do remember one instance where RM took responsibility for his actions. That was when he admitted to possibility of practicing too much during xmas break.

What would you like him to say?

1. It is my fault that when I got here the talent level was below what we need to be a tournament team.

2. It is my fault thst when I signed my contract all flights were to be chartered but are not anymore.

3. It is my fault that all conference games are in the eastern time zone.

4. I made it snow so much that we got stuck for days.

5. It is my fault that I had to recruit high school players that would come to SLU.

6. It is my fault that some kids do not show the dedication I do.

7. It is my fault that KC makes the consious decision to pass the ball to a freshman rather than shoot it.

8. It is my fault that PE dove into me on the sideline and injured me.

C'mon.... Aren't these things you claim as excuses actually facts. This is comical.

What would you like him to say?

1. It is my fault that when I got here the talent level was below what we need to be a tournament team.

2. It is my fault thst when I signed my contract all flights were to be chartered but are not anymore.

3. It is my fault that all conference games are in the eastern time zone.

4. I made it snow so much that we got stuck for days.

5. It is my fault that I had to recruit high school players that would come to SLU.

6. It is my fault that some kids do not show the dedication I do.

7. It is my fault that KC makes the consious decision to pass the ball to a freshman rather than shoot it.

8. It is my fault that PE dove into me on the sideline and injured me.

C'mon.... Aren't these things you claim as excuses actually facts. This is comical.

Yes, they are facts.

Using them as a defense for how the team (under) performs transforms the facts into excuses.

Majerus is our only hope, he gets 3* type bigs that normally would not come here AND he develops them... they came here to play for him. That is the key. Other good players come here to play for him as well.

His plan was working, foiled by that wailing sl*t.

When Majerus goes, the bigs will not come to SLU, we go back to deathspiralville.

And some people whine.

He is not the perfect ambassador that (sigh) some want. He is 64 and has significant health problems.

Hell, he is on the other side of my preferences, he is a foo-foo liberal, but I do not care. He is what we NEED at this time, we need him another 3-4 yrs to get the whole program establsihed at another level.

I hope he stays another 3-4 yrs, I am not so sure, even '11-'12, if he will.

and so would I. I think it's disingenuous not to acknowledge valid criticisms of RM.

I completely agree but the excuse criticism is not valid. I do not care for a number of things about RM but I also try and see things as they are as well. There are 2 sides to every situation and I try and balance criticism to what is actually wrong and not what I may not like. Criticize for bad timeout or poor recruiting but just leave the things that are not performance related alone.

Yes, they are facts.

Using them as a defense for how the team (under) performs transforms the facts into excuses.

If you have not played major division I basketball and dealt with any of the facts he states, you have absolutely no basis to make the judgement between fact and excuse as you do. If it is a fact then it can be stated as a cause or effect of the outcome. Yes or No?

Majerus is our only hope, he gets 3* type bigs that normally would not come here AND he develops them... they came here to play for him. That is the key. Other good players come here to play for him as well.

When Majerus goes, the bigs will not come to SLU, we go back to deathspiralville.

And some people whine.

He is not the perfect ambassador that (sigh) some want. He is 64 and has significant health problems.

Hell, he is on the other side of my preferences, he is a foo-foo liberal, but I do not care. He is what we NEED at this time, we need him another 3-4 yrs to get the whole program establsihed at another level.I hope he stays another 3-4 yrs, I am not so sure, even '11-'12, if he will.

So you think it takes 8-9 years to establish the program at a level higher than it was?

If you have not played major division I basketball and dealt with any of the facts he states, you have absolutely no basis to make the judgement between fact and excuse as you do. If it is a fact then it can be stated as a cause or effect of the outcome. Yes or No?

Complete BS. Hell Majerus didn't any division 1 basketball at any level. He didn't play any college basketball. I guess he better keep his mouth shut too.

Complete BS. Hell Majerus didn't any division 1 basketball at any level. He didn't play any college basketball. I guess he better keep his mouth shut too.

LOL too many cocktails?? Statement makes absolutely no sense. You guys need to find a new complaint to hang your hat on because this one is tired and has no merit.

And some people whine.

Hell, he is on the other side of my preferences, he is a foo-foo liberal, but I do not care. He is what we NEED at this time, we need him another 3-4 yrs to get the whole program establsihed at another level.

If we have so many great recruits then why are you and others able to use the loss of 2 players as an excuse for everything.

I think we would've been good this year with those two players. I don't think they should've been suspended.

However, as the head man you are responsible for everything. Majerus recruited those guys they got kicked out of school and or transferred prior. That's on his watch. He gets paid well to evaluate talent and their suitability to attend Saint Louis University.

So you think it takes 8-9 years to establish the program at a level higher than it was?

From Majerus' starting point, perhaps.

His first yr he had nothing (KL and TL, yes, but nothing else on the squad to work with), he built it up from the ground up, this last yr pushed us back a full yr.

To get us established to the point that we will attract an adequate replacement for Majerus and also attract top flight recruits, we need him to get us into the NCAA's 3 yrs or so, and get a SLU player or two into the NBA.

If RM comes back this fall and gets us into NCAA this coming yr, that is great, but even if he does and then he leaves in spring of 2012 then that will not establish us enough and we will not get a suitable replacement and we will not attract the qulaity recruits.

Do you disagree?

From Majerus' starting point, perhaps.

His first yr he had nothing (KL and TL, yes, but nothing else on the squad to work with), he built it up from the ground up, this last yr pushed us back a full yr.

To get us established to the point that we will attract an adequate replacement for Majerus and also attract top flight recruits, we need him to get us into the NCAA's 3 yrs or so, and get a SLU player or two into the NBA.

If RM comes back this fall and gets us into NCAA this coming yr, that is great, but even if he does and then he leaves in spring of 2012 then that will not establish us enough and we will not get a suitable replacement and we will not attract the qulaity recruits.

Do you disagree?

I disagree. I hope Rick stays longer and it all works out, but Rickma wasn't the only established coach intrested in the SLU job when Brad was dumped. There wwere at least a couple other who lobbied for the job.

If we have so many great recruits then why are you and others able to use the loss of 2 players as an excuse for everything.I think we would've been good this year with those two players. I don't think they should've been suspended.

However, as the head man you are responsible for everything. Majerus recruited those guys they got kicked out of school and or transferred prior. That's on his watch. He gets paid well to evaluate talent and their suitability to attend Saint Louis University.

WR and KM were our two superstars, everyone knows that it was a devastating hit that we could not afford, and put us back to 6th youngest team in NCAA's. You are just being an RM hater.

You cannot blame RM for the "incident", what an assinine position to take on this matter.

And Sodie recruited WR... so you are wrong again.

I disagree. I hope Rick stays longer and it all works out, but Rickma wasn't the only established coach intrested in the SLU job when Brad was dumped. There wwere at least a couple other who lobbied for the job.

I hope you are right. Who were the established coaches that lobbied for the job?

Just curious... who were they?

And some people whine.

+1 I'm a "foo-foo liberal" (whatever this is, I embrace it) but cringe whenever RM opens his mouth about politics ... or actually anything other than X's and O's. MB's point about the deathspiral is something we have to acknowledge. Our program's talent level was quickly disintegrating under Brad. You take out Lisch and Liddell and it gets just ugly. The packiest pack defense in the world can't overcome lack of talent. Our program was heading into the ash can. RM closed off the bleeding. The talent level has risen dramatically (although very young). The program is again on the rise. And I give Rick major props for not packing it in and giving up when both KM and WR got the boot. He could have easily walked right there citing his health. But he didn't. He swallowed the bitter pill that was the 2010-2011 Billikens season, got Mitchell back, has a transfer ready to become eligible, coached up his freshmen, and might get Willie back as well.

F' the media if they don't see it.

I'll ask again. In Feb/March/April of last year, was there anybody on here really criticizing the job Majerus was doing or the direction of the program? I don't really recall any. With a top four finish in the league and a strong recruiting class waiting in the wings, everybody (even those who don't really care for some of RM's quirks) seemed very optimistic. So other than "the situation", what has changed?

I'll ask again. In Feb/March/April of last year, was there anybody on here really criticizing the job Majerus was doing or the direction of the program? I don't really recall any. With a top four finish in the league and a strong recruiting class waiting in the wings, everybody (even those who don't really care for some of RM's quirks) seemed very optimistic. So other than "the situation", what has changed?

I agree. There have been RM haters out there all along, last yr they had to shut TF up, now they came out of hiding and throw mud, mostly baseless.

The difference between (at least Billiken level) greatness and mediocrity is tiny. It's as thin as Kenyon Martin's femur or as thin as the stand of a female's sanity broken by Willie and Kwamain.

I've been watching the Billikens for many years and even the greatest Billiken teams of my lifetime would be toast without ONE much less TWO of there best players. Take any of Perry, Love, Clagett, Hughes, Bonner off of their teams and the Bills are still looking back to Easy Ed for any sort of glory.

Majerus's term as a Billiken Coach started late with a team that didn't have a terrific amount of talent. He came in trying to build for the future. The future has been delayed and Majerus does bare the responsibilty for picking the pieces. I am still content to wait till next year, again. Unlike our last coach, waiting till next year does not involve checking the waiver wire for late hole pluggers(please no jokes)and warm bodies.

PS Pete Gillen was more washed up than Majerus and ran Virginia into the ground in his last gig. It's been a long, long time since Gillen was with X......