Willie Reeds Tweets and Facebook

SluSignGuy

If both players comply and either or both are not readmitted:

1) there are a LOT of season ticket holders, including myself, who will not renew next year

2) some donors will not continue to support the program

3) some significant sponsors will not renew

4) considerable number of insiders think Majerus will leave the program after this season

Plenty of of talk on this matter; an injustice was done to

these players, so if Dubourg Hall wants to keep BOTH out, there goes the revenue, there goes the program, SLU hoops: back to the little leagues, 3,000 per game attendence...

Agree 100%.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Davola-

How did that KC beatdown today feel? Box was running for the exit...he should try that in his next half marathon.

Haha. Watch it. Next time I grill your cheeseburger, don't be surprised if you come down with the 'stomach flu.'

I'm growing impatient with this whole thing.

Has the decision to re-admit WR and KM been made yet? If not, it should - it's not fair to either of them to keep them waiting all this time.

Re-admit them now. Issue a press release to announce that they'll be rejoining the team, and give the alumni and fans a little f-ing hope for the first time in this whole God-awful season.

What is the f-ing hold up?

good question. The University has known this day was coming for months.

They should already have an answer and should make that answer public.

If both players comply and either or both are not readmitted:

1) there are a LOT of season ticket holders, including myself, who will not renew next year

2) some donors will not continue to support the program

3) some significant sponsors will not renew

4) considerable number of insiders think Majerus will leave the program after this season

Plenty of of talk on this matter; an injustice was done to these players, so if Dubourg Hall wants to keep BOTH out, there goes the revenue, there goes the program, SLU hoops: back to the little leagues, 3,000 per game attendence...

agree.

If they are not readmitted the next game I go to will be next years senior night, to thank Conklin, Cassity, and Eckerle for putting up with this BS and being great representitves of SLU.

good question. The University has known this day was coming for months.

They should already have an answer and should make that answer public.

agree.

If they are not readmitted the next game I go to will be next years senior night, to thank Conklin, Cassity, and Eckerle for putting up with this BS and being great representitves of SLU.

current players need our support now imagine how they feel when RM says this is going to be a long year-thank God we have no seniors thinking this is as good as it gets

Davola-

How did that KC beatdown today feel? Box was running for the exit...he should try that in his next half marathon.

After the cops booted the two obnoxious KC fans in our section that we were getting into it with the whole game, there was no reason to stick around.

MB73--couldn't agree more.

I called the Athletic Department to inquire about the bus ride down to last weekend's game. I was asked if I was a season ticket holder and I said no. She immediately asked why. My answer was the whole mess with what went down at the beginning of the season with our 2 best players. She kind of just sighed and said yeah.

I want to ask for refunds for the several hundred dollars worth of Billiken gear that I purchased for this season not only for myslef but for other people. I kind of feel bad about having giving the shirts out to friends and family after how this situation was handled. It was as if I endorsed this mickey mouse operation that threw out all the hope for the present and the future of the program.

Already gone is my contribution to the Billiken Club and my season ticket ticket money. If things don't go as we hope, that money will never return to the program. I will always be a fan in my heart and mind, but not with my pocketbook. I'll probably still go to a game or two a year, but not 15+ like I have recently.

If January 3rd comes with great news, it still won't undo the atrocity that has already been done, but it will be a band-aid. To me, probably a band-aid large enough to stop the bleeding. I want to be a fan of the program bad enough that I am sure I will forgive, but not forget. I will continue to attend home games, watch the away games on crappy live/delayed streams with audio that doesn't match, take my truck off road to get to the tops of hills to get reception to hear the games on the radio, etc. Again, if.

Why wait until Jan 3? That is ridiculous. They laid out the requirements...if they meet them, they are in. If they don't meet them, they never show up. What is the big deal here? I know we're talking about academia, whose employees live in some sort of fantasy world, but this is insane. Regardless of the basketball outcome, if SLU doesn't let them in, they have now forfeited an entire year of EDUCATION. Can't really apply and enroll in a new school on the first day of classes. It seems like some sort of power trip by somebody or some group at the university.

Just watched the 30 for 30 about SMU paying for recruits. Replying to bsheldon...forget the school, let's just pay the players. I think at this point I would agree to have the program be irrelevant from years 2015-2030 if we could make 4 straight tourney runs (including a final four) before we got caught. What is the alternative? Be irrelevant from 2011-2030, laughable. And then when the billikens.com boosters get caught...we can lead the paper trail back to dubourg hall...call for the termination of all those academic weenies, and then hire a staff led by Floyd irons who would then be instructed to channel mike singletary.

I WANT WINNERS

I don't have the cash to start the process but I can be a runner.

Why wait until Jan 3? That is ridiculous. They laid out the requirements...if they meet them, they are in. If they don't meet them, they never show up. What is the big deal here? I know we're talking about academia, whose employees live in some sort of fantasy world, but this is insane. Regardless of the basketball outcome, if SLU doesn't let them in, they have now forfeited an entire year of EDUCATION. Can't really apply and enroll in a new school on the first day of classes. It seems like some sort of power trip by somebody or some group at the university.

The Jan 3 date doesn't bother me the way it seems to bother a few here. SLU basically said they can re-apply for addmision once the new year hits. Jan 1 and 2 is a weekend. Jan 3 is the first business day of the new year.

The question everyone should be asking is "if they are reinstated, when can they start practicing/playing?" I could see any of the following:

- start practicing and playing immediately. Watch out Dayton

- start practicing immediately but not playing until school starts again. Miss 4 conference games but at least they can get back into the flow of things before the Fordham game.

- Can't step onto any court until school starts.

We all know Backhand is connected (he only told us 10,000 times) so maybe he knows the answer?

- start practicing immediately but not playing until school starts again. Miss 4 conference games but at least they can get back into the flow of things before the Fordham game.

I believe this is correct, at least that is what Rick has said.

Wow! What happened to the outrage for this poor, violated young lady whose life was ruined much worse than anything these protected, pampered basketball players are going through?????

For most it disappeared when people read the police report and came to their own conclusion that no crime was committed.

Crime? What about the morals of the deal????? Aren;'t those the greater good?

Clearly the school punished them for moral failings (as has been debated on here about 10,000 times) but its hard to feel particularly sorry for a young woman that did not have a crime committed against her and quite frankly used very poor moral judgement herself.

+1

You are correct that SLU did not take KM and WR's education into account during this whole mess. They attended a half semester of classes, then were yanked out of them. If the word is no on Jan. 3, they would both have to scramble to find a school for the second semester. Their actions are not very student friendly, and they certainly don't indicate a value of the student in student-athlete.

"Clearly the school punished them for moral failings (as has been debated on here about 10,000 times) but its hard to feel particularly sorry for a young woman that did not have a crime committed against her and quite frankly used very poor moral judgement herself."

too many of you act as though she got off scott free or even more. too many of you act as though she initiated the situation when we know she wasnt the one that turned this into the xxx show it became.

she is paying for her poor judgement just as much if not more. she is no longer at the university of her choice, and she is ostracized from family and friends likely forever. she might as well go into the witness protection program.

people have to pay for choices.

"Clearly the school punished them for moral failings (as has been debated on here about 10,000 times) but its hard to feel particularly sorry for a young woman that did not have a crime committed against her and quite frankly used very poor moral judgement herself."

too many of you act as though she got off scott free or even more. too many of you act as though she initiated the situation when we know she wasnt the one that turned this into the xxx show it became.

she is paying for her poor judgement just as much if not more. she is no longer at the university of her choice, and she is ostracized from family and friends likely forever. she might as well go into the witness protection program.

people have to pay for choices.

I feel sorry for the girl if her friends and family ostracized her. I always thought the basis of Christianity was forgiveness - as opposed to a "fire and brimstone" punishment.