Willie Reeds Tweets and Facebook

SluSignGuy

I feel sorry for the girl if her friends and family ostracized her. I always thought the basis of Christianity was forgiveness - as opposed to a "fire and brimstone" punishment.

If she was ostracized, her family would have left her defenseless at the kangaroo court. They didn't. They were trying to salvage her rep. Am sure they're not proud of their little girl's behvior that night, but why go on a vendetta against two college sophs? One who didn't even touch her. Maybe they didn't read the police report.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Clearly the school punished them for moral failings (as has been debated on here about 10,000 times) but its hard to feel particularly sorry for a young woman that did not have a crime committed against her and quite frankly used very poor moral judgement herself."

too many of you act as though she got off scott free or even more. too many of you act as though she initiated the situation when we know she wasnt the one that turned this into the xxx show it became.

she is paying for her poor judgement just as much if not more. she is no longer at the university of her choice, and she is ostracized from family and friends likely forever. she might as well go into the witness protection program.

people have to pay for choices.

I think that girl left the school as well didn't she?!?!?! I am not sure.

I know why SLU did what they did. They did not want to be seen showing favoritism to athletes, even ones that generate revenue for the school. Not to mention they had to nip it in the bud because the school cannot be seen as having a reputation for things like that going down on it's property. I know I would not want my daughter attending SLU if things like that went on and were not punished. I think the school simply wanted to show that they don't tolerate the behavior that was demonstrated. I think the punishment could have been handled different than it was, but I see that SLU was taking a clear stance on the issue. The Catholics own the school, run the school, and therefore set down the rules. I sure hope these two players return this year or next!

you must have read a different police report than i did. while i agree nothing there to send our players to jail, it confirms the incident did indeed happen however that it was nothing to be proud of either and indeed fit the code of conduct violations.

I know why SLU did what they did. They did not want to be seen showing favoritism to athletes, even ones that generate revenue for the school. Not to mention they had to nip it in the bud because the school cannot be seen as having a reputation for things like that going down on it's property. I know I would not want my daughter attending SLU if things like that went on and were not punished. I think the school simply wanted to show that they don't tolerate the behavior that was demonstrated. I think the punishment could have been handled different than it was, but I see that SLU was taking a clear stance on the issue. The Catholics own the school, run the school, and therefore set down the rules. I sure hope these two players return this year or next!

In their attempt to "not show favoritism" it would seem that they ended up doing the exact opposite.

In their attempt to "not show favoritism" it would seem that they ended up doing the exact opposite.

really?

the girl is out of slu forever.

the players are out of slu for one semester.

unless you are saying the players should be out of slu forever as well to not show favortism?

really?

unless you are saying the players should be out of slu forever as well to not show favortism?

I'm saying that you don't know that the girl wanted to be at SLU. Maybe she didn't like it here prior to the incident. How do you know her family and friends have ostracized her? And even then I don't think its the same nor will it ever be.

how do you know she didnt like it at slu and was going to leave anyway? how do you know she isnt ostracized from her family and friends?

i actually have heard third hand from a friend of her family.

really?

She chose to leave. The players were forced to leave. There clearly is a difference Roy.

You seem to have a lot of "inside knowledge" about the girl and how her family ostracized her. Care to substantiate those statements? Or are you just making it up...like usual! Ask Corey Frazier about Roy making stuff up to suit his agenda.

really?

The Girl might be out of SLU forever but did she get to continue her education at another university starting in the fall?

The players were allowed to go to school for half a semester than told to "get lost, your half semester of work meant nothing."

The school should of let the players continue their education while suspending them from the team.

Did she get expelled like the players? No, she chose to leave even before a decision was made about km and wr. Had she stayed she should have gotten the same penalty for the same code violation. She ran from the punishment.

really?

She chose to leave. The players were forced to leave. There clearly is a difference Roy.

You seem to have a lot of "inside knowledge" about the girl and how her family ostracized her. Care to substantiate those statements? Or are you just making it up...like usual! Ask Corey Frazier about Roy making stuff up to suit his agenda.

believe what you want. imo, you are so blinded by your rickma love affair you arent able to rationally think about anything billikenwise. myself, i care more about saint louis university and trying to do the right thing by the STUDENTS at my alma mater.

believe what you want. imo, you are so blinded by your rickma love affair you arent able to rationally think about anything billikenwise. myself, i care more about saint louis university and trying to do the right thing by the STUDENTS at my alma mater.

BAHAHAHHAAH!!!!! ....BAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!! I could say that you are blinded by your extremely conservative views on religion/sexuality to read the police report and make an informed judgement about what happened that night.

How is this RickMa's fault? Why even bring him into this...

(How the heck did we bring up this topic AGAIN?)

See it completely differently. SLU could have said when this whole thing came out that this type of behavior -- criminal or not -- is not allowed at SLU. That is principle.

They wait 5 months. Let the accused back on campus -- in campus housing -- for half a semester. In the mean time, they run a kangaroo court. Reduce a year suspension to effectively a couple months.

Also, if this was an average girl (i.e. not connected somehow to a major donor), this would not have happened (read: need Cash). SLU tried to walk a fine line. Don't piss off a major donor and don't kill SLU athletics -- lose Rickma and have an empty 'Fetz (read: need Cash).

This is all about the benjamins not principle.

i didnt say it was rickma's fault.

kshoe doesnt think rational because of his crush on all things rickma and his blind undying love and loyalty to him.

he will lash out at everyone that says anything that doesnt coincide with the rickma cause.

while i believe rickma is a good basketball coach i believe his off court demeanor and actions have a lot to be desired as an ambassador of Saint Louis University. imo, a basketball coach needs to be both and probably an ambassador more than an x's and o's guy.

but i have come to believe that kshoe loves rickma to the nth degree. so much so he would rob a bank or take herion if rickma told him to do it.

The Catholics don't own the school when it comes to getting money. This had nothing to do with morals. It had everything to do with money. If this had been just some girl with no money or big booster friends, the police report that says no crime was committed would have been what SLU was standing behind as KM and WR were getting ready for the season.

kshoe doesnt think rational because of his crush on all things rickma and his blind undying love and loyalty to him.

he will lash out at everyone that says anything that doesnt coincide with the rickma cause.

while i believe rickma is a good basketball coach i believe his off court demeanor and actions have a lot to be desired. but i have come to believe that kshoe would rob a bank or take herion if rickma told him to do it.

Good stuff Roy. You are getting pushed around in your debate because too many people call you out and you decide to make it a personal vendetta against Kshoe!

Here's a game for anyone that thinks the players got off easy or the easy end of the deal: go to google and start typing in "Kwamain" See how many letters its takes before you see "Kwamain Mitchell Assault" come up as the primary option.

This is what he will have to live with for the rest of his life, when he goes to interview for a job or tries to coach his kid's AAU team or whatever. These kid's names are ruined for life all because of a false claim made by the girl.

The girl? I have no idea what her name is.

while i believe rickma is a good basketball coach i believe his off court demeanor and actions have a lot to be desired as an ambassador of Saint Louis University. imo, a basketball coach needs to be both and probably an ambassador more than an x's and o's guy.

but i have come to believe that kshoe loves rickma to the nth degree. so much so he would rob a bank or take herion if rickma told him to do it.

:angry:

- 1 1,000,000

One of the worst posts ever from a non-troll. Come on Roy. Take a deep breathe. That is a ridiculous attack on kshoe. You probably don't agree, but he consistently gives some of the most well-thought out posts on this board.

Roy, many people on the board have accused me of not being fair to RM, of being too hard on him. I will admit my view on our coach is not nearly as favorable as some posters. That said, I think Kshoe is one of the most fair and even-keel posters when it comes to analyzing the team and the coach.

The girl gets to, for the most part, live her life as she would have done before, only at a different school. Kwamain and WIllie could have lost a possible career, possibly a degree, possibly millions of dollars in future earnings. I think the guys did some morally questionable things (but not things that don't every once in a while happen at your average college, maybe high school, party. Both the girl and the guys are to blame equally, them made poor decisions (although you could argue that WR did nothing wrong). But the guys almost lost what I already laid out. Its tough to feel THAT bad for the girl in this situation.

Good stuff Roy. You are getting pushed around in your debate because too many people call you out and you decide to make it a personal vendetta against Kshoe!

kshoe, that is exactly what you did to me today. made it personal with irrelevant comments to belittle what i think. dont like it huh? maybe you should try to stay away from it then as well.

If she was ostracized, her family would have left her defenseless at the kangaroo court. They didn't. They were trying to salvage her rep.

Daddy's rep is tied to daughter's rep. They might have been there more to savage Daddy's rep than hers. You can't really say without inside info on the family (which I don't really care about). I wish the girl well ... but I want Willie and Kwamain to get another chance at the university.

kshoe, that is exactly what you did to me today. made it personal with irrelevant comments to belittle what i think. dont like it huh? maybe you should try to stay away from it then as well.

Simple question for Roy only:

"Do you believe that if KM and WR have completed the punishment outlined in their suspensions, that they should be allowed to return?"

A simple yes or no should suffice.

Roy-

Your views are in fact the ones out of touch with reality, biased, and very unforgiving.

All parties involved made mistakes and the players have paid the toughest price partly due to the "process" & timing in which SLU handed down the punishments. If education and preparing these players for life is the university's #1 priority, delaying an admissions rejection decision until January would keep these kids out of school for an entire year.

These students more than paid the price for their actions that night and appear ready to demonstrate that with a 2nd chance. This is a perfect example of individuals (basketball players or not) that deserve a 2nd chance and forgiveness by the SLU community.

Whenever someone scews up there are those ppl out there that will never let them live it down (ie Roy). Thankfully, the other 98% of our society acknowledge we're all flawed, make mistakes, and appreciate those who do everything in their power to rectify the poor situation that they caused.

Simple question for Roy only:

"Do you believe that if KM and WR have completed the punishment outlined in their suspensions, that they should be allowed to return?"

A simple yes or no should suffice.

if they complete their punishment exactly as outlined yes they should be allowed to return by definition of the punishment. if not allowed to return, the punishment should never have been outlined in the first place and defined as one semester.

what we as fans dont know is how open the "letter of apology" is to interpretation to saint louis university.

if they complete their punishment exactly as outlined yes they should be allowed to return by definition of the punishment. if not allowed to return, the punishment should never have been outlined in the first place and defined as one semester.

what we as fans dont know is how open the "letter of apology" is to interpretation to saint louis university.

Roy - Follow the directions. Please edit your response to just read "Yes".

As to the openness of the letter...each have specific requirements to address.