Willie Reeds Tweets and Facebook

SluSignGuy

if they complete their punishment exactly as outlined yes they should be allowed to return by definition of the punishment. if not allowed to return, the punishment should never have been outlined in the first place and defined as one semester.

what we as fans dont know is how open the "letter of apology" is to interpretation to saint louis university.

I would sure hate to have Roy interpreting that apology letter.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy-

Your views are in fact the ones out of touch with reality, biased, and very unforgiving.

All parties involved made mistakes and the players have paid the toughest price partly due to the "process" & timing in which SLU handed down the punishments. If education and preparing these players for life is the university's #1 priority, delaying an admissions rejection decision until January would keep these kids out of school for an entire year.

These students more than paid the price for their actions that night and appear ready to demonstrate that with a 2nd chance. This is a perfect example of individuals (basketball players or not) that deserve a 2nd chance and forgiveness by the SLU community.

Whenever someone scews up there are those ppl out there that will never let them live it down (ie Roy). Thankfully, the other 98% of our society acknowledge we're all flawed, make mistakes, and appreciate those who do everything in their power to rectify the poor situation that they caused.

It isn't my view of the kids that will never be the same. It's my view of SLU that will never be the same. Imo SLU has proven itself to be much more morally corupt than the players. I hate to say it because I loved loving SLU even though I was never a student. My heart broke with every defeat more than most alumni, but I doubt I will feel the same way. An institution such as SLU has a much greater responsibility to hold itself to high ethical standards than do two college age kids.

and she is ostracized from family and friends likely forever. she might as well go into the witness protection program.

Roy I understand how you feel about the entire thing being morally wrong, and I agree with you on that point. It was morally wrong, stupid, and careless.

But Ive seen you say a few times how she has been ostracized from family and friends. Well, if that is the case I would'nt call those people friends, and if her family is cutting her out then they are the biggest scum in this entire incedent.

College kids make mistakes all the time and family is supposed to look past flaws and support you when you make mistakes. They help you get back up when you fall and help guide you in the right direction.

Friends shoud do the same thing. All of my frined have made mistakes at some point in thier lives and when it is a "mistake" you dont dwell on it and ostracize them you move on and help them when you can.

And if this girl really feels like she was taken advantage of or assualted how is that her fault?

And if it isnt her fault why would she be ostercized by family and friends?

You seem so certain that her friends and family have abandoned her that it makes me think that is how you would handle this if a niece, daughter, or cousin of yours was put in this spot. You portray yourself as a very christian person but this is far from a christian attitude.

Jesus didnt ostracize Mary Magdalene, a well known prostitute, why should this girl be ostracized.

Roy I understand how you feel about the entire thing being morally wrong, and I agree with you on that point. It was morally wrong, stupid, and careless.

But Ive seen you say a few times how she has been ostracized from family and friends. Well, if that is the case I would'nt call those people friends, and if her family is cutting her out then they are the biggest scum in this entire incedent.

College kids make mistakes all the time and family is supposed to look past flaws and support you when you make mistakes. They help you get back up when you fall and help guide you in the right direction.

Friends shoud do the same thing. All of my frined have made mistakes at some point in thier lives and when it is a "mistake" you dont dwell on it and ostracize them you move on and help them when you can.

And if this girl really feels like she was taken advantage of or assualted how is that her fault?

And if it isnt her fault why would she be ostercized by family and friends?

You seem so certain that her friends and family have abandoned her that it makes me think that is how you would handle this if a niece, daughter, or cousin of yours was put in this spot. You portray yourself as a very christian person but this is far from a christian attitude.

Jesus didnt ostracize Mary Magdalene, a well known prostitute, why should this girl be ostracized.

Agreed, prostitutes like the women you mention should not be ostracized.

Crime? What about the morals of the deal????? Aren;'t those the greater good?

In this case, morals are a two way street and NONE of the participants did a very good job with them.

I think that girl left the school as well didn't she?!?!?! I am not sure.

I know why SLU did what they did. They did not want to be seen showing favoritism to athletes, even ones that generate revenue for the school. Not to mention they had to nip it in the bud because the school cannot be seen as having a reputation for things like that going down on it's property. I know I would not want my daughter attending SLU if things like that went on and were not punished. I think the school simply wanted to show that they don't tolerate the behavior that was demonstrated. I think the punishment could have been handled different than it was, but I see that SLU was taking a clear stance on the issue. The Catholics own the school, run the school, and therefore set down the rules. I sure hope these two players return this year or next!

1) they did NOT nip this in the bud. Instead they let it languish for about 6 months - this was a big part of the problem

2) this did NOT happen on school property unless SLU bought the apartments in which it happened and it started outside a bar (if I am wrong, feel free to correct me)

3) I hate to tell you, but things like this happen on virtually every college campus and rarely are punished because usually none of the participants try to wash away their guilt by tossing around accusations.

I am not trying to argue with you, but the facts are relevant here.

really?

the girl is out of slu forever.

the players are out of slu for one semester.

unless you are saying the players should be out of slu forever as well to not show favortism?

The girl left of her own accord - she was NOT forced out.

This obviously was a very disheartening situation. Our own experiences certainly shape how we perceive things and I have given this a lot of thought. I read the police report and have tried to look at this from a variety of perspectives. As a graduate of the university, I don't want to see our school's reputation tarnished. If the players actions warranted a tough punishment, including dismissal, then I am certainly in favor of it, even if it hurts the basketball program. I have a son who is around the age of Kwamain and Willie. I tried to imagine what it would be like if God forbid they were caught up in something like that. I also have a daughter who graduated from SLU several years ago. I tried to imagine how I would feel if I read about her in that police report. I have also had a family member who was a victim of a sexual assault, so this is a topic I do not take lightly. I know how horrific it is and the pain it can cause. I also try to remember what is was like being in college four decades ago. I tend to think there was a LOT of stuff going on at campuses back then that were a lot more outrageous than what goes on today. This is is reponse to DocB's perception that society is going to hell in a hand basket and morals have decayed. Not so sure about that.

I really have a difficult time feeling sorry for the young lady. The worst that you could say was that she was treated with a lack of respect. If I read that my daughter was doing that at 3 a.m., I wouldn't have a lot of sympathy for her because she didn't show a lot of respect for herself. Nobody stopped her from going back to her own apartment. And then not to rehash every detail again, but there were numerous times that she could have made it clear that she wanted to leave. She uses the word consensual many times. Even in her own words when she said she wanted to leave, she did so with no resistence. It is not surprising this case went nowhere fast. It barely made a blip in the news. It could have gone away quickly. As luck would have it, and in the world of Billiken athletics the only kind of luck that ever seems to happen is bad, the wrong young lady was involved. If it was somebody not connected, we don't hear it again. The young woman's regret does not mean an assault occurred. These two young men deserve the opportunity to come back.

This obviously was a very disheartening situation. Our own experiences certainly shape how we perceive things and I have given this a lot of thought. I read the police report and have tried to look at this from a variety of perspectives. As a graduate of the university, I don't want to see our school's reputation tarnished. If the players actions warranted a tough punishment, including dismissal, then I am certainly in favor of it, even if it hurts the basketball program. I have a son who is around the age of Kwamain and Willie. I tried to imagine what it would be like if God forbid they were caught up in something like that. I also have a daughter who graduated from SLU several years ago. I tried to imagine how I would feel if I read about her in that police report. I have also had a family member who was a victim of a sexual assault, so this is a topic I do not take lightly. I know how horrific it is and the pain it can cause. I also try to remember what is was like being in college four decades ago. I tend to think there was a LOT of stuff going on at campuses back then that were a lot more outrageous than what goes on today. This is is reponse to DocB's perception that society is going to hell in a hand basket and morals have decayed. Not so sure about that.

I really have a difficult time feeling sorry for the young lady. The worst that you could say was that she was treated with a lack of respect. If I read that my daughter was doing that at 3 a.m., I wouldn't have a lot of sympathy for her because she didn't show a lot of respect for herself. Nobody stopped her from going back to her own apartment. And then not to rehash every detail again, but there were numerous times that she could have made it clear that she wanted to leave. She uses the word consensual many times. Even in her own words when she said she wanted to leave, she did so with no resistence. It is not surprising this case went nowhere fast. It barely made a blip in the news. It could have gone away quickly. As luck would have it, and in the world of Billiken athletics the only kind of luck that ever seems to happen is bad, the wrong young lady was involved. If it was somebody not connected, we don't hear it again. The young woman's regret does not mean an assault occurred. These two young men deserve the opportunity to come back.

having read your first paragraph, i was ready and willing (hardee har har) to accept whatever conclusion you came to for yourself in the second paragraph. or at least respect it. the fact that i agree completely with your conclusion makes me like this post even more. most levelheaded post i've read on this in awhile.

HATE.

FREE WILLIE AND KWAMAIN.

The girl left of her own accord - she was NOT forced out.

This is coming from a guy who knows nothing about the girl and her situation, but from everything that's been posted she left SLU of her own accord. Now, since she supposedly was not guilty of anything other than being drunk and wanting a fling with KM, she exits. Her name never revealed so she's not going to spend the rest of her life with a big A on her tank top. To me this says two things. She was embarassed to come back, or she simply didn't like SLU. I'd vote for the former. Yet, her parents are allowed to bring in a lawyer to get two guys, who've been cleared by authorities because they had no evidence any laws were broken, to be expelled from school and their names forever tarnished by the color of a "sexual assault". C'mon, man! This was not handled right. Taj talks about morality. Yes, no one involved demonstrated any morality that night. But from the police report they all voluntarily abandoned their morals. Yet the young woman goes unscathed and unnamed and on to her next school with no stigma attached whatsoever. Meanwhile the two guys get damn near tar and feathered. If anyone can honestly say this was handled in a fair or moral manner then they better go look up fairness and morality in the dictionary. The parents were out for their pound of flesh no matter what the consequences and they got it. I hope they are sleeping well at night knowing two out of the three "guilty" parties are paying a price, while the other one is probably drinking at some local campus bar hitting on her next unsuspecting point guard.

Well said.

This is coming from a guy who knows nothing about the girl and her situation, but from everything that's been posted she left SLU of her own accord. Now, since she supposedly was not guilty of anything other than being drunk and wanting a fling with KM, she exits. Her name never revealed so she's not going to spend the rest of her life with a big A on her tank top. To me this says two things. She was embarassed to come back, or she simply didn't like SLU. I'd vote for the former. Yet, her parents are allowed to bring in a lawyer to get two guys, who've been cleared by authorities because they had no evidence any laws were broken, to be expelled from school and their names forever tarnished by the color of a "sexual assault". C'mon, man! This was not handled right. Taj talks about morality. Yes, no one involved demonstrated any morality that night. But from the police report they all voluntarily abandoned their morals. Yet the young woman goes unscathed and unnamed and on to her next school with no stigma attached whatsoever. Meanwhile the two guys get damn near tar and feathered. If anyone can honestly say this was handled in a fair or moral manner then they better go look up fairness and morality in the dictionary. The parents were out for their pound of flesh no matter what the consequences and they got it. I hope they are sleeping well at night knowing two out of the three "guilty" parties are paying a price, while the other one is probably drinking at some local campus bar hitting on her next unsuspecting point guard.

I hope it's either Juan Fernandez or Kevin Anderson.

"Clearly the school punished them for moral failings (as has been debated on here about 10,000 times) but its hard to feel particularly sorry for a young woman that did not have a crime committed against her and quite frankly used very poor moral judgement herself."

too many of you act as though she got off scott free or even more. too many of you act as though she initiated the situation when we know she wasnt the one that turned this into the xxx show it became.

she is paying for her poor judgement just as much if not more. she is no longer at the university of her choice, and she is ostracized from family and friends likely forever. she might as well go into the witness protection program.

people have to pay for choices.

How the heck do you know this? It seems like you came to a conclusion and convinced yourself that it's fact. But the fact is that I don't know and neither do you.

How the heck do you know this? It seems like you came to a conclusion and convinced yourself that it's fact. But the fact is that I don't know and neither do you.

A better question would be, would Broy have ostracized his daughter for being involved? I doubt it. And based on the family's actions they're not behaving like their ostracizing her, but instead doing everything in their power to salvage her rep. Furthermore, this case is a prime example why it tears me up when a woman or group of women scream equality in life. They want the good equality but not the bad. Unless this woman was a minor, and she wasn't or else WR and KM would be looking down the barrel of some very serious charges, why is her ID protected yet KM and WR names, reps, and character may be a life long issue for them to deal with? Is there a lawyer out there who can say there's a law that protects an accuser's ID if the charges prove meaningless?

I believe morals to be a personal thing. What is considered morally wrong for one person is considered kinky to the next and really just a hell of a good time to the next. If we get a new moral police who decide that only missionary for the sake of conception is morally acceptable can we all live with that?

So, is WR going to suit up and kick some Dayton ass or what? It's really all I have on my list this year, to beat Dayton.

From your name, I would have never guessed... lol

I sure hope so. Someone mentioned awhile ago how Cody came in early january after completing all the necessary tasks in late December. Certainly different circumstances, but it helps as a comparison.

From your name, I would have never guessed... lol

I sure hope so. Someone mentioned awhile ago how Cody came in early january after completing all the necessary tasks in late December. Certainly different circumstances, but it helps as a comparison.

Jan 5th seems pretty early if it does happen. I would think an announcement would have been made already. But who knows? I don't. As mentioned earlier in this thread, the scenario of mid-jan seems likely.

Jan 5th seems pretty early if it does happen. I would think an announcement would have been made already. But who knows? I don't. As mentioned earlier in this thread, the scenario of mid-jan seems likely.

If one remembers the 98-99 season Tatum started playing for the Kansas game. That was December 23rd.