Willie Reeds Tweets and Facebook

SluSignGuy

Due to the world of Web 2.0, we can follow some players directly. Willie is quite the tweeter.

Today's tweet:

Lord I pray that everything will work out and I'll be where I belong St louis U. Please watch over me and send me the right way.. Amen!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How could they turn that down?

Some of my recent frustration with the situation is Coach Majerus' standard answer of "I don't know the status of WR and KMs return"

Why the hell not? Is he simply dodging? If so he should say "I can't comment on that" If he wants them he should say "As the coach I want them to return but they must complete certain tasks first"

Give us something, it is not endearing me to Coach Majerus. He may not care if I like him but that is one of the roles of the Coach to encourage fan support. His quirkiness/attitude is less tolerable when the Ws are scant.

I don't fault RM for saying he doesn't know. Unfortunately, I think this matter is really out of the hands of the athletic department. I'll tell you what though. I'd really like to the know the identity of the faculty discipline panel that voted for expulsion with leave to reapply after one year. Name the kangaroos. Our basketball players had their identities exposed and dragged through the mud. The kangaroos have never been called to account for their actions. This garbage about demanding a written apology makes me sick. It's so childish. Who are these jokers?

I don't fault RM for saying he doesn't know. Unfortunately, I think this matter is really out of the hands of the athletic department. I'll tell you what though. I'd really like to the know the identity of the faculty discipline panel that voted for expulsion with leave to reapply after one year. Name the kangaroos. Our basketball players had their identities exposed and dragged through the mud. The kangaroos have never been called to account for their actions. This garbage about demanding a written apology makes me sick. It's so childish. Who are these jokers?

Yeah but everyone knows that the players didn't do anything wrong. An apology note is like checking off a box on the application.

How could they turn that down?

Some of my recent frustration with the situation is Coach Majerus' standard answer of "I don't know the status of WR and KMs return"

Why the hell not? Is he simply dodging? If so he should say "I can't comment on that" If he wants them he should say "As the coach I want them to return but they must complete certain tasks first"

Give us something, it is not endearing me to Coach Majerus. He may not care if I like him but that is one of the roles of the Coach to encourage fan support. His quirkiness/attitude is less tolerable when the Ws are scant.

It is because he truly doesn't know. The AD has no say in this. January 3rd we will know something.

It is because he truly doesn't know. The AD has no say in this. January 3rd we will know something.

If January 3rd is not the answer I want, I am going to save a lot of money over the next 4 years...

If January 3rd is not the answer I want, I am going to save a lot of money over the next 4 years...

Agreed. I was thinking about that the other day. I don't know how much I will cut my AD donation since they aren't the ones rinning this "show" but I do know the business school donation will be $0.00 for a long time going forward. Apparently, they won't need the money if the answer is not what we all hope.

Agreed. I was thinking about that the other day. I don't know how much I will cut my AD donation since they aren't the ones rinning this "show" but I do know the business school donation will be $0.00 for a long time going forward. Apparently, they won't need the money if the answer is not what we all hope.

Good point maybe I should state this situation as my reason for not donating next time SLU calls me or just send that pre-addressed stamped envelope back with a note inside. They may get the point if a few of us do that.

Bingo.

About 20 minutes ago...

Showtime033NWG

One day down 16 to go... Let the count down continue! # Billiken Pride

I'm growing impatient with this whole thing.

Has the decision to re-admit WR and KM been made yet? If not, it should - it's not fair to either of them to keep them waiting all this time.

Re-admit them now. Issue a press release to announce that they'll be rejoining the team, and give the alumni and fans a little f-ing hope for the first time in this whole God-awful season.

What is the f-ing hold up?

Why taking so long? Two reasons .....

#1) SLU is a Jesuit institution with MORALS, and

#2) SLU is an institution that has no clue how to play in the world of big-time athletics.

On #1, that is a no-brainer. How can you complain about anything if you don't set the standard, no matter what that standard may be? And on #2, think about all the crap other shcools have been through and how things were/are handled --- the U, LaceDarius Webb, HuggyBear and UC, Notre Dame and so on --- if practice does indeed make perfect, getting repeat situations allows for precedent to be set and knowledge gained with lessons learned applied. This is SLU's first experience with this and the response was virgin to say the least (no pun intended).

Lots of rookies makes lots of mistakes .... what did Notre Dame do with the football player accusedof sexually assaulitng the St. Mary's of the Woods girl? I'm just sayin .....

Why taking so long? Two reasons .....

#1) SLU is a Jesuit institution with MORALS, and

#2) SLU is an institution that has no clue how to play in the world of big-time athletics.

On #1, that is a no-brainer. How can you complain about anything if you don't set the standard, no matter what that standard may be? And on #2, think about all the crap other shcools have been through and how things were/are handled --- the U, LaceDarius Webb, HuggyBear and UC, Notre Dame and so on --- if practice does indeed make perfect, getting repeat situations allows for precedent to be set and knowledge gained with lessons learned applied. This is SLU's first experience with this and the response was virgin to say the least (no pun intended).

Lots of rookies makes lots of mistakes .... what did Notre Dame do with the football player accusedof sexually assaulitng the St. Mary's of the Woods girl? I'm just sayin .....

Taj, your two points say the same thing. I think they should be reversed though if we are talking about a program. Like I have said before, every black hat program you mentioned has been better than SLU. Morality be damned, get our best players back on the floor.

I'm growing impatient with this whole thing.

Has the decision to re-admit WR and KM been made yet? If not, it should - it's not fair to either of them to keep them waiting all this time.

Re-admit them now. Issue a press release to announce that they'll be rejoining the team, and give the alumni and fans a little f-ing hope for the first time in this whole God-awful season.

What is the f-ing hold up?

As I watched some of USC at Kansas yesterday, a number of mentions were given to Jio Fontan, Fordham transfer playing his first game for USC, at the start of the second semester.

Other players at other schools have become eligible too, not sometime in January, but in December.

I can't help but think of our Missing Two.

As to what to do, it is very simple- reinstate them asap.

The players will be notified of the schools decision Jan. 3rd.

If they both comply with the requirements set down by the school and aren't let back in, I don't see RM sticking around after this season. If that happens I don't see Biondi paying for another million dollar pain in his ass. He'll go cheep and alienate the entire fan base.

If they both comply with the requirements set down by the school and aren't let back in, I don't see RM sticking around after this season. If that happens I don't see Biondi paying for another million dollar pain in his ass. He'll go cheep and alienate the entire fan base.

You have no idea how accurate this statement is.

I'm a ND football fan, so I try to follow that program closely. Here's what I understand on that situation.

1. Pretty recently (last week or so) the prosecuting attorney in the South Bend area announced that no charges would be filed in the case. I guess the question is now will the school put the player and other student on trial in an on campus court, just like what happened with KM and WR.

2. Just as a point of information, St. Mary of the Woods is in Terra Haute, IN. The girls's school across the street from ND is St. Mary's College.

If both players comply and either or both are not readmitted:

1) there are a LOT of season ticket holders, including myself, who will not renew next year

2) some donors will not continue to support the program

3) some significant sponsors will not renew

4) considerable number of insiders think Majerus will leave the program after this season

Plenty of of talk on this matter; an injustice was done to these players, so if Dubourg Hall wants to keep BOTH out, there goes the revenue, there goes the program, SLU hoops: back to the little leagues, 3,000 per game attendence...

If both players comply and either or both are not readmitted:

1) there are a LOT of season ticket holders, including myself, who will not renew next year

2) some donors will not continue to support the program

3) some significant sponsors will not renew

4) considerable number of insiders think Majerus will leave the program after this season

Plenty of of talk on this matter; an injustice was done to these players, so if Dubourg Hall wants to keep BOTH out, there goes the revenue, there goes the program, SLU hoops: back to the little leagues, 3,000 per game attendence...

+1