Mitchell and Reed suspended

ACE

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course the story you tell your Dad is going to be peaches and cream. I'm not saying Willie did anything legally wrong, but he wasn't just in the wrong place at re wrong time.

Don't forgot about John Smith being involved in this, either.

+1 Wrong place at the wrong time? So your friend(s) is (are) having sex with a girl and you are not involved. My question: what are you (WR) then doing in the room? Have things changed that much from my college days that kids nowadays just hang out in the same room their friend is having a drunken sexual hook-up?

+1 Wrong place at the wrong time? So your friend(s) is (are) having sex with a girl and you are not involved. My question: what are you (WR) then doing in the room? Have things changed that much from my college days that kids nowadays just hang out in the same room their friend is having a drunken sexual hook-up?

When were your college days?? Just curious.

Agreed, they live in a apartment there are clearly other places to go if you are not involved. Same cant be said for freshmen dorms but that wasnt the circumstance so its not worth discussing.

FB status that some SLU students are posting: If you support Saint Louis University's decision to suspend the two athletes who sexually assaulted one of our female Billikens...Be a Billiken and show your support of the victim and the want for SLU to continue to pursue justice against the offenders and change the the systems in place to be more effective so this doesn't happen again then COPY AND PASTE THIS IN YOUR STATUS.

BS.

Terrible day!

Willie will not be coming back according to his father. He insists Wille did nothing wrong and there will be no letters of apology! Mitchell may be back in January. I guess he wrote the letters. I think Willie can be replaced. Mitchell is/was most definitley the heart of the team and is not so easily replaced. It is fortunate we have a good recruiting class. I just hope they are not turned off by all of this nonsense! SLU did the right thing. The only ones to blame are the players.

FB status that some SLU students are posting: If you support Saint Louis University's decision to suspend the two athletes who sexually assaulted one of our female Billikens...Be a Billiken and show your support of the victim and the want for SLU to continue to pursue justice against the offenders and change the the systems in place to be more effective so this doesn't happen again then COPY AND PASTE THIS IN YOUR STATUS.

BS.

And yet whether such an assault even occurred has never been established.

We really don't know that anyone was "a victim".

"My question: what are you (WR) then doing in the room? Have things changed that much from my college days that kids nowadays just hang out in the same room their friend is having a drunken sexual hook-up? "

Clearly this person does not watch the Jersey Shore..

How could the post dispatch think "a former leader of SLU's feminist group" would be a good interview for their article???? I believe that was a mistake..where was the voice that says the boys got screwed?

That is completely ridiculous...This type of thing infuriates me...

It is my understanding that that police responded fairly quickly to the alleged sexual assault. It is also my understanding that they came in the wee hours of the morning, shortly after the alleged assault took place...

IF there was any evidence, the police would have been in a prime position to find it...I am sure you guys in law enforcement can attest to the fact that TIMING is very important in assault cases...

The last time I checked, the athletes are Billikens too...

clearly slu has not proven them guilty of sexual assault. thats obviously grounds for expulsion.

what i would bet happened is that in the course of that investigation, the players admitted to being drunk, having booze at grand forest, maybe being at the bar, etc...

facts that they probably could not deny. there may even be a cohab policy at grand forest, there is at most other dorms.

there are probably additional student athlete rules they violated.

drinking with a shadowing athlete?

honestly if you add up all their ohfenses that night, a 1 semester suspension seems fair, if not a little easy. ive seen longer suspensions for less

Great. I'm all for that. I just want to hear that the same rules are applied to all students who commit the same offense

Joe, that is what I don't understand about this whole situation. When did the whole beef with KW and WR begin with a big $$$ donor? Was the beef rooted in past incidents that I have no knowledge about? I don't remember any other notable incidents involving KM or WR that tarnishes SLUs squeaky clean image so I still don't understand the big $$ donor's aggressive actions. Hence why the speculation something more happened. If there's a big $$ factor here, I think it will come to light sooner than later, especially with the StL press getting involved.

The big donors beef is that his daughter is saying the guys raped her. I'm not saying they did or didn't, but it certainly appears there is no evidence that a sexual assault occured. If there was, like Davola said, the guys would be gone and I would support that 100%. What's the rich white girl going to tell her daddy? She voluntarily participated in a train with a few black athletes? It certainly wouldn't be unheard of for a woman to claim she didn't consent after the fact, especially in these circumstances.

Don't forget that the initial judgement was one year. Hopefully, they will take it in stride and realize that one semester isn't that big of a deal. After all, they can give slu the shaft after this year and leave. At this point they are even more severly penalized if they transfer.

No, hopefully, they think, if my school doesn't think I deserve a fair hearing .... F..k them.

'Missouri has "permanently suspended" running back Derrick Washington, who was charged earlier this week with felony sexual assault stemming from a June incident.'

Gary Pinkel and Mike Anderson have been pretty hardline on situations like these, so your bitterness should be directed elsewhere.

Some of you guys here should do yourselves a favor and spend an afternoon volunteering at any of the myriad domestic violence and abuse shelters in the area to cleanse your collective conscience.

"One guy wrote that if this was Mizzou they would still be on the team. Lets be clear, if this was ANY school in the country they would still be on the team. I don't understand this holier than thou crap SLU pulls out. Its a bottom tier 1 school on par with most tier 1 schools in the midwest. By the way Willie Reed is your best player and can't replaced. Rick needs to kick some ass and the holy rollers need to be fired over this. "

"i'm betting the sex was AWESOME. kwamain was a strength and conditioning all-american. she was probably loving every minute of it. raw deal. no pun intended."

Horrible.

Do you not see the difference? The keyword being "charged"

Yes.

Well fact of the matter is its a 2 month suspension and it seems Kwamain will be back. I guess it could be worse.

-not accuarate as any school work they have done this semester is gone so the semester has to be redone, if graduation is a goal and i believe someone said, perhpas Willie SR, that WR and KM can't be on campus so no workouts, but that flies at what TT wrote that KM was shooting yesterday after the U issued the verdict

-the whole thing is a mess