Nike Summit 2010 U19 World Team Announced Today

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As the title states, today Bills recruit Rob Lowe was officially announced to be a part of the world team's U19 roster. This team will play against the U.S.A.'s best high school players in a game later this year. The World Team won last year for the first time since 98'.

World Team Selection Finalized

I have considered Loe a program changing recruit for a while now. Instead of being a team that just barely makes the dance next year, we could be a team that is the top 20 for most of the season. Basically he is a McDonalds All-American quality talent and this is the proof. Man oh man it would be awesome if we can land him.

I have considered Loe a program changing recruit for a while now. Instead of being a team that just barely makes the dance next year, we could be a team that is the top 20 for most of the season. Basically he is a McDonalds All-American quality talent and this is the proof. Man oh man it would be awesome if we can land him.

He is if he can hang with these guys. Joseph and Thompson are top 20 recruits nationally.

Do we have any most recent updates on Loe? When is the point when he has to make a decision?

And who does he have it narrowed down to? Last I heard it was us and someone else, but who is the second- St. Mary's? Kentucky? And has his list expanded at all?

And who does he have it narrowed down to? Last I heard it was us and someone else, but who is the second- St. Mary's? Kentucky? And has his list expanded at all?

Wasn't it us and Colorado? I think UK, Arizona and Pitt were out of the running.

Wasn't it us and Colorado? I think UK, Arizona and Pitt were out of the running.

It has been posted here that he has narrowed it down to SLU and Colorado.

If that is true, then I have to believe that he prefers to come to SLU, but cannot announce that because we are out of scholarships. If he were going to Colorado, I have to believe that he would have made that commitment by now. He almost has to be waiting to see if a spot opens up here. If and when that happens, I think Mr. Loe will be a Billiken.

If that is true, then I have to believe that he prefers to come to SLU, but cannot announce that because we are out of scholarships. If he were going to Colorado, I have to believe that he would have made that commitment by now. He almost has to be waiting to see if a spot opens up here. If and when that happens, I think Mr. Loe will be a Billiken.

How does that work? I know for Mizzou's current football recruiting class they signed more kids than they have sholarships available. It was reported that we offered him a scholarship, so wouldn't that mean he can accept at any time regardless of numbers?

It has also been reported here that G-Tech is still one of his final 3. While I optimistically want to believe he is just waiting for a scholly to open up, the more likely case is he is still making up his mind and we have a 1 in 3 chance of getting him.

i dont think their is a limit to the number of recruits that can sign a LOI and accept a scholarship offer.

i beleive though that come the first day of class in the fall slu can actually only execute 13 scholarships per school year. so loe could accept at anytime between now and the fall and slu would have till september to cut an existing player on scholarship.

It has also been reported here that G-Tech is still one of his final 3. While I optimistically want to believe he is just waiting for a scholly to open up, the more likely case is he is still making up his mind and we have a 1 in 3 chance of getting him.

Couple weeks ago 'someone I know' was on Facebook and Loe mentioned at that time that he was making up his mind the next day. That doesn't mean he has made his decision, but I think that might be a good sign for us.

i dont think their is a limit to the number of recruits that can sign a LOI and accept a scholarship offer.

i beleive though that come the first day of class in the fall slu can actually only execute 13 scholarships per school year. so loe could accept at anytime between now and the fall and slu would have till september to cut an existing player on scholarship.

or see who decides to leave when faced with the realities of his probable playing time diminishing. Or who's mad because RM was mean to them.

or see who decides to leave when faced with the realities of his probable playing time diminishing. Or who's mad because RM was mean to them.

I wish we had one more player lined up when Thompson bailed last June. It could have helped this season.

And another possibility is somebody is too hurt to continue playing. It helps to be prepared. How great is it at this point (before the spring signing period) that we finally have 13 scholarship players, plus a decent walk-on for next year? When is the last time that happened?

For what it's worth, and as a follow-up to another thread, Loe is listed at 225 lbs - same weight as WR started this season. Reasonable to expect him to start his first college game (hopefully at SLU) weighing in around 235 lbs. WR was listed his Freshman year at 195 lbs and BT was listed his Freshman year at 260 lbs and was considered to be "overweight." Sounds just about right to me.

You use the word "cut" and, in doing so, imply that there is no way we could have an open scholly next year without pushing someone out. I know you love to litter the message board with negativity about Majerus, but what's the point in doing so if all you are doing is speculating. If it actually happens that way, then feel free to rant. Until then, you are just gossiping like a little girl.

Can you never give the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt on this? I can think of a few current players who I would not be shocked to hear are not returning next year - all for reasons of their own - not because they were cut.

Brett Thompson was not cut, and I'm sure the coaching staff would have loved to have him for the Rhode Island game. Don't you think the coaches have every right to cover themselves in case something similar happens?

You use the word "cut" and, in doing so, imply that there is no way we could have an open scholly next year without pushing someone out. I know you love to litter the message board with negativity about Majerus, but what's the point in doing so if all you are doing is speculating. If it actually happens that way, then feel free to rant. Until then, you are just gossiping like a little girl.

Can you never give the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt on this? I can think of a few current players who I would not be shocked to hear are not returning next year - all for reasons of their own - not because they were cut.

Brett Thompson was not cut, and I'm sure the coaching staff would have loved to have him for the Rhode Island game. Don't you think the coaches have every right to cover themselves in case something similar happens?

believe what you want. i will as well. have a good day.

believe what you want. i will as well. have a good day.

It would be nice for this board to actually have a thread that discusses recruits without the moral police on this board bringing up the same arguments time and time and time again. If people want to discuss those issues, a separate thread seems appropriate.

Some of us actually want to talk about the recruits themselves. No wonder so many feel the need to go to Nate's board to have a normal conversation about prospects without all the rehashed bickering that occurs over here.

It would be nice for this board to actually have a thread that discusses recruits without the moral police on this board bringing up the same arguments time and time and time again. If people want to discuss those issues, a separate thread seems appropriate.

Some of us actually want to talk about the recruits themselves. No wonder so many feel the need to go to Nate's board to have a normal conversation about prospects without all the rehashed bickering that occurs over here.

It's okay Kshoe, we "just have more faith" that Rick will do the appropriate thing when it comes to scholarships. :lol:

Brett Thompson wasn't cut but should have been, he was a bust with no future potential. As for the coaching staff loving to have him for the RI game, give me a break. He would have hurt the team more in that game than helped. BT reminds me of a center for Mizzou back at the end of the Norm Stewart days by the name of Schumacker. Both were hyped big men who never showed any real college level ability.

This is the article from December talking about Loe's visit to Saint Louis:

NEW ZEALANDER ROB LOE GETTING BIG EAST ATTENTION

December 1, 2009 by NBE Blogger · Leave a Comment

by RAY MERNAGH

Rob Loe is a 6-foot-11 post player from New Zealand getting heavy interest from a bevy of high-majors (and some mid-majors that have past histories with non-US bigs). It was reported in other places that Loe would be enrolling at IMG Academy in December but that doesn’t look like it will happen.

IMG’s Dan Barto compared Loe’s game to Brad Miller’s in his prime (of the NBA and Purdue), saying Loe can shoot it, has a back to the basket game with some finesse, and trails the play really well.

Loe is getting ready to take visits and according to a source close to his situation plans on looking at Pittsburgh, Colorado, St Louis and Georgia Tech.

It’s possible Loe will take/need a fifth year if he does end up coming to the US. If that ends up being the case a strong possibility as far as a landing spot for him would be Notre Dame Prep.

Loe averaged 18.8 points, 7.0 rebounds and 2.5 assists per game in four games at the 2009 FIBA U19 World Championships last summer. Pitt coach Jamie Dixonwas the head coach for the USA’s U19 team that went 9-0 in the World Championships, winning the goald medal in the event, which was played in Auckland, New Zealand.

*********Follow NBE Sports on Twitter: http://twitter.com/NBESports*****

I can think of a few current players who I would not be shocked to hear are not returning next year - all for reasons of their own - not because they were cut.

With the exception of Reid, I'd be shocked if anyone was not coming back next year. Maybe Femi, if he can't recover from his injuries.