OT: Midtown Development

Pistol

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

I was especially pleased to hear that the Foundry's office component is already 85% preleased.  

As the CWE/Midtown/Grand Center/Cortex/Grove/Downtown all start to merge together, the more attractive SLU becomes, being practically in the heart of it all.

Too bad slu hospital moved to west county 

17 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

I was especially pleased to hear that the Foundry's office component is already 85% preleased.  

As the CWE/Midtown/Grand Center/Cortex/Grove/Downtown all start to merge together, the more attractive SLU becomes, being practically in the heart of it all.

not to mention that small cleanup around pappys

29 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Too bad slu hospital moved to west county 

it did?   then who the hell did my bypass surgery after i went to that place on grand with my heart attack?

1 hour ago, SluSignGuy said:

This is pretty awesome.  But it is probably a bad thing for Moolah.

They could probably use some motivation to update.  I like the place but it could use a refresh.

But if I lived downtown I’d probably Uber to the Alamo Drafthouse rather than go to the MX.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went to wellspent brewing tonight. Pretty cool place. It'll take them a while until they get a selection of drafts, they only have two of their own, plus four more from around the country.  Food also wont be there for 2ish months. Should be a good spot next season.

Box and Won likes this

49 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Went to wellspent brewing tonight. Pretty cool place. It'll take them a while until they get a selection of drafts, they only have two of their own, plus four more from around the country.  Food also wont be there for 2ish months. Should be a good spot next season.

Happy to see bars open near chaifetz but I’d love to see more college/sports bars in the area 

25 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Happy to see bars open near chaifetz but I’d love to see more college/sports bars in the area 

Does anyone know what's going on with Humphrey's? There's no more "for lease" sign on the building anymore. I'm assuming the guy is just sitting on it until he can sell off for a profit when property values shoot up in the next couple years....

1 minute ago, Spoon-Balls said:

Does anyone know what's going on with Humphrey's? There's no more "for lease" sign on the building anymore. I'm assuming the guy is just sitting on it until he can sell off for a profit when property values shoot up in the next couple years....

That’s a great assumption 

12 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Ya, I would do anything for a true-SLU dive bar next to campus. 

13 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Yeah that would have made this past year a lot more enjoyable. Uber is absolutely killing me on the weekends. 

2 minutes ago, BourbanStreet said:

Actually will be back in town for the game this weekend. Does Fieldhouse do anything post-game?

They are ALWAYS packed pregame. That's kind of my issue. It's the only place to go that's a sports/dive bar atmosphere within walking distance from the arena. Sybergs is close but you have to take a shuttle.

15 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

It’s the principle. You shouldn’t have to take a cab or Uber from a bar to the arena 

The question is, would you rather have a bar be in the area humps was in, or over by the chaifetz parking garage so people can walk to and from?