OT: Midtown Development

Pistol

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Zink said:

Note the number 33 framed hoops jersey in the opening scene. Looks like it’s Willie Reed’s based on the font...

Those are the knockoffs sold during the Mitchell-Reed era. Not an official jersey so hard to point to a player

1 hour ago, Zink said:

Note the number 33 framed hoops jersey in the opening scene. Looks like it’s Willie Reed’s based on the font...

I noticed that too, but I think it might be because he is the 33rd president in school history? Could be wrong. Regardless, they had the jersey lying around so it was easy to frame...

Also, the potential names for the district are horrible. Why do we need to name this district? Seems superfluous. 

4 minutes ago, AMDG-Unit said:

I noticed that too, but I think it might be because he is the 33rd president in school history? Could be wrong. Regardless, they had the jersey lying around so it was easy to frame...

Also, the potential names for the district are horrible. Why do we need to name this district? Seems superfluous. 

Ahh that makes sense. 

Also, yeah, all of the names are terrible. Especially the ones beginning with “The” - sooo forced. 

A few quick thoughts:

1) I'm actually fine with these names for the most part, they are far better than a lot of the terrible corporate names that a lot of these new developments feature. 

2) All jokes about any other situation aside, that video was awful from a marketing standpoint. The President of SSM's stiffness combined with Pestello's goofiness was really painful. The green screen action of being "on location" was a mess as well. 

3) These are awesome developments for Midtown/SLU. 

12 minutes ago, Bills71 said:

Sluville

My son started calling it "Billiken City" when he was roughly five years old (he's seven now).

Where the grass is green and the girls will get you kicked out of school.

Among the names on SLU's list, Prospect Yards is not terrible.

1 minute ago, Box and Won said:

My son started calling it "Billiken City" when he was roughly five years old (he's seven now).

Where the grass is green and the girls will get you kicked out of school.

Among the names on SLU's list, Prospect Yards is not terrible.

:lol:

And yeah, Prospect Yards is the best of the four choices, although none are perfect.