OT: Midtown Development

Pistol

4 hours ago, johnbj14 said:

My two cents based on no info, other than them going dark on all social outlets, is that Humphrey's will probably not be re-opening. Likely will go the way of the Shack and sit vacant. As a student it sucks not having a truly college bar with some character, but life moves on. 

Had I hit the Powerball last week, I would've bought it.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Old guy said:

I see you have not had the enema yet, too bad. When you get to be my age you may indeed be able to enter a discussion of what it feels to have dead and decomposed children of your own. Until then I think it is time for a mutual ignore. 

So what does this have to do with McBroom's wife's lack of stretchmarks?

• 2 weeks later...

My apologies if this has been posted before, but was looking up some real estate and a certain property caught my eye. Asking 1.595 million for Humphrey's according to this listing. Looking at the leasing page, it seems like they haven't leased any of the proposed spaces, so looks like 3700 Laclede is going to be vacant for a while.  http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/20449740/3700-Laclede-Ave-Saint-Louis-MO/ 

8 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Then can I be unblocked from their twitter account? 

I envision you being one of the more active members of the ownership group, so you will be unblocked. I am so far out of the game, what are the popular bars for the college or recent college grads? Wheelhouse or Tin Roof?

1 hour ago, johnbj14 said:

My apologies if this has been posted before, but was looking up some real estate and a certain property caught my eye. Asking 1.595 million for Humphrey's according to this listing. Looking at the leasing page, it seems like they haven't leased any of the proposed spaces, so looks like 3700 Laclede is going to be vacant for a while.  http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/20449740/3700-Laclede-Ave-Saint-Louis-MO/ 

The guy paid $1.3 and some change for it a little over a year ago.  I thought he would be looking to cash out at even a higher amount.

Want to know part of the reason why the City is broke and the City schools can't function properly.?  The property tax on the building and the lot is $2,300.  That is, also, a rate that can allow a speculator to sit on it for a very long time.

6 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

I envision you being one of the more active members of the ownership group, so you will be unblocked. I am so far out of the game, what are the popular bars for the college or recent college grads? Wheelhouse or Tin Roof?

For undergrads: Lannex is probably the most frequented bar just because everyone ends up there at the end of the night. Tin Roof, BPV, Molly's, McGurks, and Wheelhouse are pretty common. Nick's Pub also is a place some will go on Thursday nights, but a lot of SLU people still go to Grizz. The past couple of weeks Lannex has had pennies, and Fieldhouse tried it a couple times last year as well. 

4 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Wheelhouse has been struggling a little from my understanding. Tin Roof has that nice shiny new toy thing going on. I am a big fan of Start Bar classic arcade game bar, which is owned by the same people as Wheelhouse. It's not in Midtown but Westport Social is having a massive first 3 weeks in business and is really popular right now with the young professionals that work in the area. I read an article somewhere that they are adding one or two more bars to the area. If they are as good as Social I think the Plaza could really challenge for the young professional crowd to the east and into St. Charles and compete with Streets of St. Charles/Main

9 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Wheelhouse has been struggling a little from my understanding. Tin Roof has that nice shiny new toy thing going on. I am a big fan of Start Bar classic arcade game bar, which is owned by the same people as Wheelhouse. It's not in Midtown but Westport Social is having a massive first 3 weeks in business and is really popular right now with the young professionals that work in the area. I read an article somewhere that they are adding one or two more bars to the area. If they are as good as Social I think the Plaza could really challenge for the young professional crowd to the east and into St. Charles and compete with Streets of St. Charles/Main

I haven't been to Westport Social, but liked the concept having been to places somewhat similar in other cities. After going to Pinewood Social in Nashville, I was ready to bring that to the Cortex area (similar to Wesport Social, but more sophisticated and less of just a mature Dave & Busters maybe?).

Is there much in Westport? I would imagine that area could have a rebirth if it hasn't already based on the business activity around there.

40 minutes ago, brianstl said:

The guy paid $1.3 and some change for it a little over a year ago.  I thought he would be looking to cash out at even a higher amount.

Want to know part of the reason why the City is broke and the City schools can't function properly.?  The property tax on the building and the lot is $2,300.  That is, also, a rate that can allow a speculator to sit on for a very long time.

My jaw dropped when I saw this. Is this an annual rate or 6 months? Either way, it's less than what we pay on our house (in Cincinnati) every 6 months. Good grief.

35 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

yeah, no chance that pr!ck would pay to have it knocked down.

why dont you buy it and run it?