Predictions for Bills vs. Cornhuskers

bills10

72-71 Billikens

I will be interested to see how Majerus approaches this game. Nebraska basically plays four guards and a forward. Will Majerus try to use his size as an advantage to create mismatches or will he try to match-up with Nebraska's smaller lineup?

I will be interested to see how Majerus approaches this game. Nebraska basically plays four guards and a forward. Will Majerus try to use his size as an advantage to create mismatches or will he try to match-up with Nebraska's smaller lineup?

I don't know much about Nebraska, but I would assume that if they are playing 4 guards they either have no inside game, or very good guards or both. I don't think I'd want to attempt to match their guards and let the game turn into a scoring match. I'd slow it down and exploit what would be a decent size advantage.

SLU 54-51

I don't know if the Nebraska game is on TV but if it is Billiken fans should enjoy watching #24 playing for Nebraska. #24 is a kid by the name of Josh "Cookie" Miller, a lightening quick point guard. The roster will say he is 5'7" but he can't be an inch taller than 5'5".

I watched him for years when my son played AAU against his teams. He played on a team with Bill Walker (Kentucky) and OJ Mayo (NBA). He has an amazing vertical and used to make a lot of circus plays. I don't know if Nebraska lets him play that freely but he was alway so much quicker than anyone else that he could drive, make steals and make many amazing plays. He was simply a joy to watch.

I don't know if the Nebraska game is on TV but if it is Billiken fans should enjoy watching #24 playing for Nebraska. #24 is a kid by the name of Josh "Cookie" Miller, a lightening quick point guard. The roster will say he is 5'7" but he can't be an inch taller than 5'5".

I watched him for years when my son played AAU against his teams. He played on a team with Bill Walker (Kentucky) and OJ Mayo (NBA). He has an amazing vertical and used to make a lot of circus plays. I don't know if Nebraska lets him play that freely but he was alway so much quicker than anyone else that he could drive, make steals and make many amazing plays. He was simply a joy to watch.

-and cookie belcher from mexico mo played for nebraska in the 90's

-give your kid the nickname cookie and they are destined for lincoln....poor kids

I'll be at the game. To be honest I don't know much about the Huskers this year. I pay more attention to Creighton. The other night NU beat Arkansas Pine Bluff by 14. A team Creighton beat by 32. The Huskers don't have much height but the Bills don't play well on the road either. I'm thinking it's a low scoring game with the Huskers winning by a couple of points. Perhaps 57-53. My track record of seeing the Billikens on the road hasn't been great so I am hoping I am wrong on this one.

SLU 48 to NU 43

Interesting - I think almost all of these predictions so far have the Bills winning. I wonder how many of those predictors know that Nebraska's victory this weekend was its 27th consecutive non-conference home victory in a row. I'm not saying that the Billikens don't have a chance, but it seems like Nebraska must have a pretty good home court advantage to have that type of record - or they have been very careful in whom they have scheduled out of conference, but I haven't bothered to do the research. I know the people in Vegas do the research when setting the line, and they are a bit more objective than most of us on this website, so it will be interesting to see their prediction.

Interesting - I think almost all of these predictions so far have the Bills winning. I wonder how many of those predictors know that Nebraska's victory this weekend was its 27th consecutive non-conference home victory in a row. I'm not saying that the Billikens don't have a chance, but it seems like Nebraska must have a pretty good home court advantage

to have that type of record - or they have been very careful in whom they have scheduled out of conference, but I haven't bothered to do the research. I know the people in Vegas do the research when setting the line, and they are a bit more objective than most of us on this website, so it will be interesting to see their prediction.

Nebraska by 10.5 according to scoresandodds.com

I say SLU goes 2-1 on this road trip, wins at Detroit and SIUC. Nebraska 62-54.

-and cookie belcher from mexico mo played for nebraska in the 90's

-give your kid the nickname cookie and they are destined for lincoln....poor kids

Hey, it's not every day that I see my hometown mentioned on here! You should all stop by Mexico, MO sometime and check out all of the great attractions like Wal-Mart and the infamous horse grave! ;)

I went to grade school and h.s. with Cookie Belcher. He actually had a very solid career at Nebraska after following his cousin, Tyron Lue (also originally from Mexico), there. I believe Cookie is pretty far up there on the all-time NCAA steals list. Anyway, sorry to bore people with that. I just got excited to see my town mentioned. Thanks, Cowboy!

with Nebraska playing the 4 guards and presumably being quick/up-tempo, this could be a good game for Willie Reed. He is quick enough to keep up with the guards, but has a large height advantage. Unfortunately, Willie does have the stamina to be on the court for very long. Meanwhile, Thompson might be too slow and be somewhat of a nonfactor.

Also, hopefully KM can keep up with Cookie's quickness and play the same lockdown defense he did against BC's Rice.

I say SLU wins 58-52.

72-71 Billikens

Nowledge U 59--------SLU 54.

Obviously, hope I'm wrong, but I picked NU to win this one in my season predictions. I feel that a win is much more possible for us after seeing our guys play a few games. I just worry how all the Frosh will do in their first road game. TL & KL will need to have a big game for us to win. I'll be interested in seeing how BC and KM do on the road. I think WR and BT will help with their size advantage as long as the nerves hold out for them. If KC get some PT I hope he is more aggressive than he has shown up to now-he really needs a shot of confidence.

Go Bills!!!!!!!!!