Alternatives to SLU

JMM28

I will root for whatever team Goodwin, French, Thatch and Gordon transfer/recommit to.  I think I will adopt my buddy's team, Nova as well.  That's cheap because they win already.  He's a grad and season ticket holder there.  Maybe I'll get invited to a game.  Forty years pissed down a leg.  Or maybe a rooting interest in Dr. Chaifetz' new hobby ....whatever that will be.  I will also root for Bess, Johnson and Foreman on their new teams.  

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After 55 years of futility following Wake Forest and 35 years of futility following the Bills, that's 90 seasons of futility mind you, my new team is whoever is number 1 in the nation. Best way for me to get a team to the Final Four before all is said and done. Go Kentucky, Go Duke, dare I say it, Go Heels... er no, that's nasty.

I got something for you.... The Area Support Group, Kuwait "Wild Dogs".   Currently 5-0 in first place in the South Division of the Camp Arifjan Basketball League. They run a 3 out 2 in Hi/lo Bill Self style offense, 2-3 zone, MTM defense and diamond press.  Also got basically a younger Steve Kerr as coach.  They recruit players from all over the US.

I'll task our Public Affairs Officer to Facebook live the next game Sunday at 10AM CST if y'all are in.

IMG-20180118-WA0010.jpg

8 hours ago, Billiken Rich said:

I'll be kayak fishing at Creve Couer Park and flying my rc planes at Buder Park.  Much more solitary but much more satisfying, even though the fishing sucks at Creve Coeur Lake.....

8 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

This whole fiasco could end up being another blessing in disguise for me. I was so pissed when the Rams left for LA but soon realized that investing so much time and energy into a game was a complete waste of time. Maybe I'll take up spelunking or woodworking now. 

This.

I spent 20+ years planning my Sundays around the Rams. Then they left and I spent their 1st season gone hate watching the s### out of them. Then, this year I just stopped caring about the NFL. I had the best Sundays i have had in years. I spent them hiking, fishing, golfing, and/or drinking. It was great. Sundays are awesome when you don't have to worry about an A-hole owner and a s### a## team. 

I plan on spending my NCAA Saturdays the same way. 

Now I just need to find something to replace my Wednesday nights.

8 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I got something for you.... The Area Support Group, Kuwait "Wild Dogs".   Currently 5-0 in first place in the South Division of the Camp Arifjan Basketball League. They run a 3 out 2 in Hi/lo Bill Self style offense, 2-3 zone, MTM defense and diamond press.  Also got basically a younger Steve Kerr as coach.  They recruit players from all over the US.

I'll task our Public Affairs Officer to Facebook live the next game Sunday at 10AM CST if y'all are in.

IMG-20180118-WA0010.jpg

That might be the best coach currently without a job With a power team like Duke, KU, UK, UNC, etc..

7 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

IMG-20180118-WA0010.jpg

When can I register my account at kuwaitwilddogs.com?

Serious question: what happens when JGood transfers to SPUMAC and Gordon recommits to play there?  

is it ok to root for them then?  I’d feel so dirty. 

Goodwin is already one of my favorite all-time Billikens though, and by all accounts, he did nothing wrong (nor did the other players). 

I have kind of a soft spot for Wichita State. My dad and I took a road trip there last time they played us and their fans were tremendous I thought. My dad is disabled and a few of them helped him up the steps to his seat. I am hoping it was genuine and not just a ploy, knowing the beatdown they were about to put on SLU.

16 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

This whole fiasco could end up being another blessing in disguise for me. I was so pissed when the Rams left for LA but soon realized that investing so much time and energy into a game was a complete waste of time. Maybe I'll take up spelunking or woodworking now. 

I quit the NFL the day the Rams moved and haven't watched 1 minute of an NFL game since. I'll watch OU a little more (the team I grew up rooting for) and maybe some UT games. I really didn't miss the NFL but rooting for and following SLU has become a big part of my life and I know I'll miss it a lot.

I am waiting to get a clearer picture of what actually happened though before making a decision. I'll also miss this board and the people who have become friends not just posters on a sports message board. Maybe if many of us go we can connect on facebook for those with accounts.

Honestly this whole fiasco makes me sad. Sad for the players who seem to be getting a raw deal, Sad for the other players who have worked their asses off but can't reach their goals due to being shorthanded and Sad for all the passionate Billiken basketball fans who are so invested with their time, money, and heart. 

Arifjan Wild Dogs are now 6-0 undefeated at the end of intra-divisional play.  Winning 44-39 tonight over the Desert Knights on a steal and emphatic dunk to end the game with an exclamation point.  Our PF Elliot from Hopkinsville, KY had 21 Pts and 8 REB, the Center, Carter from Brooklyn, NY had 10 pts and 12 reb and could've scored so many more if he would only hit FTs at 25%.  Making his debut McLeur North grad PG/SG Coleman had 4 pts, 5 reb, 2 ast.  The team battled back from a 9 pt deficit initiated when Moreta (our Glaze-esque) spark plug off the bench came in and immediately got a steal on the press that converted to an easy bucket.

Standings 21 JAN.png

Scores.png

5 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Arifjan Wild Dogs are now 6-0 undefeated at the end of intra-divisional play.  Winning 44-39 tonight over the Desert Knights on a steal and emphatic dunk to end the game with an exclamation point.  Our PF Elliot from Hopkinsville, KY had 21 Pts and 8 REB, the Center, Carter from Brooklyn, NY had 10 pts and 12 reb and could've scored so many more if he would only hit FTs at 25%.  Making his debut McLeur North grad PG/SG Coleman had 4 pts, 5 reb, 2 ast.  The team battled back from a 9 pt deficit initiated when Moreta (our Glaze-esque) spark plug off the bench came in and immediately got a steal on the press that converted to an easy bucket.

Standings 21 JAN.png

Scores.png

I'm hearing their coach comes from the Diener coaching tree.