OT: Porter out for the year

billiCAN

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 7:16 AM, HoosierPal said:

Read the second half of this Phil Mushnick, NY Post's article about Martin buying teenagers.   

https://nypost.com/2017/12/02/complacent-media-give-broken-sports-world-a-pass/

'In April, Missouri signed the nation’s No. 1 high school recruit, 6-foot-10 swingman Michael Porter Jr. He was injured in the season’s first game — he’s likely out for the season following back surgery — but he’s still considered NBA-bound, as early as next season.

Why Missouri? Funny you should ask.

The school hired his father as an assistant coach. And unless Porter Sr. is working for free, how can any logical human — or shrub — not conclude Missouri paid off Senior to deliver Junior?

Any college president with an active sense of fundamental right from wrong would have told Missouri coach Cuonzo Martin, “Oh, no you don’t. We don’t buy teenagers.”

You think this would pass muster in Missouri Law School’s ethics classes? Then again, the academician who enabled the North Carolina no-show-classes scandal was fully enabled by a professor of ethics.

Good post HP, Mr. Porter Sr. was hired to get his son's  to sign with Missouri and anyone arguing that point is just dishonest and wants to win at all cost.

I wanted coach Martin at SLU after coach Crews was fired but not like this.  I did not like coach Martin hiring Mr. Porter Sr. and his poaching of recruits that have committed or signed.

I will bet my life's savings that coach Martin constantly checks with the coaches of Gordon and Thatch about how strong their commitment is.

For those that will attack us about free the 3 because they think it is about winning not true, the semester is over and these young people have a right to know.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/21/2017 at 7:16 AM, HoosierPal said:

Read the second half of this Phil Mushnick, NY Post's article about Martin buying teenagers.   

https://nypost.com/2017/12/02/complacent-media-give-broken-sports-world-a-pass/

'In April, Missouri signed the nation’s No. 1 high school recruit, 6-foot-10 swingman Michael Porter Jr. He was injured in the season’s first game — he’s likely out for the season following back surgery — but he’s still considered NBA-bound, as early as next season.

Why Missouri? Funny you should ask.

The school hired his father as an assistant coach. And unless Porter Sr. is working for free, how can any logical human — or shrub — not conclude Missouri paid off Senior to deliver Junior?

Any college president with an active sense of fundamental right from wrong would have told Missouri coach Cuonzo Martin, “Oh, no you don’t. We don’t buy teenagers.”

You think this would pass muster in Missouri Law School’s ethics classes? Then again, the academician who enabled the North Carolina no-show-classes scandal was fully enabled by a professor of ethics.

I know this article was posted in here to back up the arguments from months ago but the article was written by Phil Mushnick.  The same guy who wrote an article about Chance the Rapper.  Calling him a "gangster rapper" and condemning the White Sox for affiliating with him.  The same Chance the Rapper who #1 is not a gangster rapper.  Has won a Humanitarian Award for his work in Chicago.  Donated 1 million to help schools in Chicago.  The same Phil Mushnick who said "Why the Brooklyn Nets when they can be the New York N-----s? The cheerleaders could be the Brooklyn B---hes or h--s.  Team logo? A 9mm with hollow-tip shell casings strewn beneath."  That was in response to Jay Z being part owner at the time.

11 hours ago, Coach314 said:

I know this article was posted in here to back up the arguments from months ago but the article was written by Phil Mushnick.  The same guy who wrote an article about Chance the Rapper.  Calling him a "gangster rapper" and condemning the White Sox for affiliating with him.  The same Chance the Rapper who #1 is not a gangster rapper.  Has won a Humanitarian Award for his work in Chicago.  Donated 1 million to help schools in Chicago.  The same Phil Mushnick who said "Why the Brooklyn Nets when they can be the New York N-----s? The cheerleaders could be the Brooklyn B---hes or h--s.  Team logo? A 9mm with hollow-tip shell casings strewn beneath."  That was in response to Jay Z being part owner at the time.

OK so the guy is an ahole that does not mean that he wrong on every position he takes.  I use to tell employees that were under me who would complain about a customer being crazy that just because they are crazy doesn't make them wrong all the time.

4 hours ago, cheeseman said:

OK so the guy is an ahole that does not mean that he wrong on every position he takes.  I use to tell employees that were under me who would complain about a customer being crazy that just because they are crazy doesn't make them wrong all the time.

I think you reaching with your analogy...but ok.  

7 minutes ago, WashMoBill said:

The Mizzou hate on here is pathetic. 

i know it should be so much more.  

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:  WOW!  Cuonzo's #1 recruiting class has sure taken a hit what with Blake Harris now transferring along with CJ Roberts.  With Porter still discussed as a one-and-done, Robertson  and Barnett seniors, the glow down I-70 sure seems to worn as thin as the Title IX crud here in midtown.

615Billiken likes this

Coach Martin called Fred Thatch's coach as soon as Harris announced his transfer to check how strong his commitment to SLU is.

Coach Martin called Gordon's coach right after the loss to Florida.

Coach Martin, "poaching players is recruiting too".

MattyMo213 likes this