2K Sports Classic

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of funny how just using the word "marketing" sets some folks off.  Hotels in the Apple will be pricey pre-Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Oh well.  Bucket list.

On 3/4/2017 at 6:38 AM, Westy03 said:

Other teams in the tournament are Providence, Washington and Virginia Tech. Looks like it starts November 17

The ticket web site says the games in NY are 11/16 and 11/17.  Other info says we will have 2 home games before going to NY, so by 11/17 we will have at least 4 games under our belt.  I wish the tournament was a little later to give the team and all the new players more time to gel.

2 minutes ago, bauman said:

I wish the tournament was a little later to give the team and all the new players more time to gel.

only 2 new players. Goodwin running point I can see but not with french.

With Washington being there, the whole Romar talk gets more interesting as a slu fan.  Washington without Porter wont be very good. Neither will VT.

40 minutes ago, wgstl said:

only 2 new players. Goodwin running point I can see but not with french.

With Washington being there, the whole Romar talk gets more interesting as a slu fan.  Washington without Porter wont be very good. Neither will VT.

Tech will be good next year.  They got four guys coming back that averaged over 28 mpg, Seth LeDay becomes eligible, Kerry Blackshear will be healthy and they add two top 100 recruits.

5 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Tech will be good next year.  That got four guys coming back that averaged over 28 mpg, Seth LeDay becomes eligible, Kerry Blackshear will be healthy and they add two top 100 recruits.

damn didnt see that recruiting class, just checked, thats solid.  So SLU and VT could very well be the best two teams?

6 minutes ago, wgstl said:

damn didnt see that recruiting class, just checked, thats solid.  So SLU and VT could very well be the best two teams?

Providence will also be very good next year. They lose no one from a team that has finished strong in the Big East to get up to third place. They're a tournament team that will be senior-laden next year with some good young talent, too. 

2 minutes ago, Zink said:

Providence will also be very good next year. They lose no one from a team that has finished strong in the Big East to get up to third place. They're a tournament team that will be senior-laden next year with some good young talent, too. 

know nothing about PC.  miss watching Dunn play tho.  

But good, A strong tournament is what I want.  I wonder how the turnout will be.  We had a good turnout at Fordham, at least it seemed.  Weird to go to a concession stand that was on a folding table tho.  

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

know nothing about PC.  miss watching Dunn play tho.  

But good, A strong tournament is what I want.  I wonder how the turnout will be.  We had a good turnout at Fordham, at least it seemed.  Weird to go to a concession stand that was on a folding table tho.  

Yeah, I watch them a lot (roommate is an alumnus). They took awhile to figure things out this season after losing Dunn and Bentil - two guys who were first team all BE. But they have been amazing lately and lose no one, obviously pending transfers. 

10 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Hopefully we get to play Belmont as part of the regional rounds. I don't think we are quite a tourney-level team next year, but it could be a solid RPI game at the end of the year if we do end up battling for an at-large bid.

Agreed. 

44 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Hopefully we get to play Belmont as part of the regional rounds. I don't think we are quite a tourney-level team next year, but it could be a solid RPI game at the end of the year if we do end up battling for an at-large bid.

Right now, Houston Baptist is 170, Seattle is 270, and Detroit is 289. I guess Detroit has some interest for fans of a certain age as a former conference rival, and Seattle has some interest, as well, given that their head coach is former SLU assistant Cameron Dollar. Belmont is clearly the best of these four, though, and I'd hope to see them for sure.

6 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

I'm kinda giddy about this.

Amen. What a coming out party. Its going to take some convincing, but I'm hoping the Mrs. can boondoggle a work trip to her New York office and we could do the weekend in the city. Even if she can't, I'm putting this one on the calendar. 

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

Right now, Houston Baptist is 170, Seattle is 270, and Detroit is 289. I guess Detroit has some interest for fans of a certain age as a former conference rival, and Seattle has some interest, as well, given that their head coach is former SLU assistant Cameron Dollar. Belmont is clearly the best of these four, though, and I'd hope to see them for sure.

Seattle will likely play Washington as one of their prelim games.  Flying to STL instead of the east coast for either VTech or Providence might be the thinking.  Time will tell.

Is anyone else confused by the announcement?  It only refers to the non-MSG teams as playing games in Nashville the two days AFTER the MSG games.  Does that mean we will not be playing any of them prior to going to NYC?

34 minutes ago, bauman said:

Is anyone else confused by the announcement?  It only refers to the non-MSG teams as playing games in Nashville the two days AFTER the MSG games.  Does that mean we will not be playing any of them prior to going to NYC?

Providence, Virginia Tech, Washington, and Saint Louis will host a pair of regional round games on campus in addition to playing at the World’s Most Famous Arena on Nov. 16-17.

Copied from the announcement.