What do you think of the new Billiken?

SluSignGuy

New Billiken. What do you think?   

84 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new Billiken?

• Thumbs up
    • Thumbs down

12 hours ago, SluSignGuy said:

I generally like it.   The head/chin goes so low though it looks like he is hunched and a little troll like

I agree, and thought the same thing, but the reason the head kinda has to be "low" like that is because the person inside has to see out of the eyes, where as on the two-toned one from September, you saw out of the mouth.  The old suit you saw out of the eyes, too, but the head was so damn big it didn't really make a difference.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we weren't accustomed to the old Billiken and saw it for the first time, we would have thought that it looked weird too.  This one is fine.  It will work for the next ten years.  A good job was done appeasing the fans.  Now, let's go win some games.

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

If we weren't accustomed to the old Billiken and saw it for the first time, we would have thought that it looked weird too.  This one is fine.  It will work for the next ten years.  A good job was done appeasing the fans.  Now, let's go win some games.

This. 

I like the New Billiken, he is goofy and whimsical like the old costume, but still looks like he wants to win ball games... Whatever that means for costumed mascot. Kinda like Sparty looks. I actually think the this new Billiken looks just like the old Billiken but updated for the new logo. Not winking, slight differences, etc. 

Let's face it, the new logo, the new word mark, the new costumed Billiken, they will be are FAVORITE F-ING BILLIKEN EVER if Ford leads us to a sweet 16...or an elite eight... or a final four... Its all about winning. We know the marketing department has a ton to fix, its good to see they actually listened to fans on this. 

36 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

It just matches the little black mark on the new logo. 

On the logo I thought it looked like a lower lip. On the mascot it looks more like a double chin. That part's a little weird, but overall a big improvement. I actually probably like it better than the old one.

7 minutes ago, hsmith19 said:

On the logo I thought it looked like a lower lip. On the mascot it looks more like a double chin. That part's a little weird, but overall a big improvement. I actually probably like it better than the old one.

Ya I like it alot more. Billiken is more athletic now than it was before. Very fitting seeing the athletes we are bringing in the next few years. I'm pumped.

17 hours ago, hsmith19 said:

Some people seem upset about the Billiken potentially having a double chin, but as a Buddha like character wouldn't having a double chin make sense?

I'm in the "don't love it, but it's fine" camp on the new, new Billiken.  Much better than the previous "new" Billiken.  I voted thumbs up.

2 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

Some people seem upset about the Billiken potentially having a double chin, but as a Buddha like character wouldn't having a double chin make sense?

That's a good point. The pointy chin also looks weird from the side (looks like he has a massive underbite), but the double chin would make some sense.

On 1/26/2017 at 9:02 AM, billikenfan05 said:

I don't understand the obsession the athletic department/university has with matching the logo line for line. That's what caused the weird chin.

That is my exact thought. You can certainly update the logo without updating the mascot (or if you do, it doesn't have to match the logo).

Overall I am fine with it, but don't understand the chin (05 is obviously right as to why they did that now that I look at the logo) and agree with many of the comments above about it having a gorlok/troll type look to it especially from the side. I really like what majerus mojo did to it. Definitely a big improvement though.

1 minute ago, slufanskip said:

I saw it up close at the ladies game last night. I thought it looked better in person. Overall, I'd say a good effort. I doubt they could come up with anything that would please everybody.

That's exactly right (will never please everyone) and why I think most on this board approve of the mascot so to say, but have some minor nits. So much better than the first attempt. I prefer making this a hot take opportunity though and saying things like the athletic department needs to be more worried about winning games than messing with the mascot!