Holy……

Seriously, props to him for that.

Agree.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who has said anything personal? Via Social Media etc? I'm only on this site not social media.

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

Strangely, it is probably the best way to kill the whole controversy quickly.  Still, I respect him for this.

Absolutely. Coverup is always worse than the scandal. Probably the best move Travis has made in a calendar year. 

4 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Who has said anything personal? Via Social Media etc? I'm only on this site not social media.

Noone. His son was completely out of control. Just look at the junk he said.

Even fords worst critics have not attacked him personally.

4 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I believe one of the family said Travis was going to wipe his own ass with his 10,000,000 buyout. Thats about as personal as it got. 

2 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Plenty of anonymous accounts troll Ford on SLU tweets and instagram.

Son only targeted accounts that make cognitive arguments, backing up claims with statistical analysis.  Myself included have never attacked Ford personally.  That is silly.

The son did make personal attacks.

Ford handled this well.  He knows how to control the media and the story.  Just wish he could control a basketball team that well.  He'd be one the best coaches in college ball.

TaLBErt and AGB91 like this

Just now, cheeseman said:

What is his supposed to do lie? - it already has been reported that it was his son.  He had no choice for owning up to it so I am not ready to give him props for doing the only thing he could.

He could have argued it wasn’t his son.  The evidence while pretty compelling wasn’t a slam dunk.

“He’s just a kid.” 🙄 

Also, I don’t give Ford credit for admitting it happened. He had no choice. It was painfully obvious. If there was plausible deniability, he would’ve skirted the issue. Unfortunately, his kid is such a bonehead that there was no other option. Just unreal.

cheeseman likes this

3 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Nothing personal was said. Clearly his son felt he needed to defend his father, he went at people in DM and replies. We were smartened up to who it was and confirmed by another account. So we tweeted it out. 

Credit to Travis for acknowledging it. 

1 minute ago, JMM28 said:

I believe one of the family said Travis was going to wipe his own ass with his 10,000,000 buyout. Thats about as personal as it got. 

That and making fun of people for not making as much money as his dad.

Just now, brianstl said:

He could have argued it wasn’t his son.  The evidence while pretty compelling wasn’t a slam dunk.

He could also have said it was Jim Crews - seriously,  trying to say something that is easily disprovable. would only make it worse.

Just now, brianstl said:

His dad knows how to hire a great agent, no doubt about it. I’m not kidding when I said I wanted Travis Ford’s agent to negotiate for me.

5 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Right, talking about wiping his ass with $10M while the podcast guys can’t afford $10 McDonalds, nor a house.  Very immature for a 19-20 year old but not surprised with the kid whose parents have made generational wealth.  Really embarrassing for an experienced coach.

The Trump/Biden/NIL stuff can’t be something Lil’ Ford came up with on his own. That has to have come up in conversations at the house, which means CTF really believes it.

1 minute ago, thunderdan said:

The Trump/Biden/NIL stuff can’t be something Lil’ Ford came up with on his own. That has to have come up in conversations at the house, which means CTF really believes it.

The administration and Stu stuff didn’t come out of nowhere either.

-some notes and thoughts

-Thank God for Royal Bank and Edward Jones to be loyal sponsors

-A Fieldhouse commercial?  That’s unreal

-Said identity of the team was pressing for 40 minutes and injuries stopped this, should your identity be based on either offense or defense?

-Rammer tee’d up the thought of Brad being involved from the start, I am calling BS, on Jan 12, 2023 the NCAA voted to make second time transfers sit out a year, on March 23, 2023 the NCAA sent a memo to schools dealing with the reasons a transfer waiver will be declined – false information is worse than no information -  do they think we are stupid?

-I am shocked they brought this up.  5.45 leaves the court to get to Humps for 6pm and Kunderman tells him on the walk to the car about the son on social media and his phone has blown up, son feels terrible, heart in the right place, he gets told about it , sticking up for his Dad, come to Humps Monday at 6pm to talk hoops

-They have drills to avoid turnovers. Broke down every turnover in last 3 games, a lot of them against pressure and we need to slow down and set up your man. 

-StJ’s avgs 12 made 3’s a game--- from me it fits right into our defensive strength