johnbj14

6 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

To start the year:

Meadows
Parker
Jimerson
Dalger
Hargrove

Medley and Hughes will get the most minutes off the bench.  I expect we'll play 10 guys 10 min or more.

Well, they better be quick.  Because that is one short line-up.  

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Well, they better be quick.  Because that is one short line-up.  

If you take the listed heights on the SLU Hoops page and total them up for 22-23 and 23-24, the team listed by 3 star is 1/4" shorter than last year's starting 5.

Also noticed that Abou Magassa is listed at 6'7". 

32 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

To start the year:

Meadows
Parker
Jimerson
Dalger
Hargrove

Medley and Hughes will get the most minutes off the bench.  I expect we'll play 10 guys 10 min or more.

Funny exact same lineup I posted during the summer.

If we play 10 guys we may be dipping into the walkons. 

56 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

To start the year:

Meadows
Parker
Jimerson
Dalger
Hargrove

Agree on n this lineup, Thames will take the 8th spot? Couple foreign players at the 9/10 spots?

17 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

Agree on n this lineup, Thames will take the 8th spot? Couple foreign players at the 9/10 spots?

Already casting Bradley Ezewiro aside?  It's not over until it's over.  My starting 5

Jimerson, Meadows, Ezewiro, Dalger, Hargrove

10 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Already casting Bradley Ezewiro aside?  It's not over until it's over.  My starting 5

Jimerson, Meadows, Ezewiro, Dalger, Hargrove

Ezehiro may start next season.  He's not eligible to play this year.

50 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

I have seen nothing yet from the NCAA deciding on his eligibility.  Has a decision come down from the NCAA????

What makes you think any of the multiple rulings that we need from the NCAA are going to go our way, much less Brad’s?

12 minutes ago, brianstl said:

What makes you think any of the multiple rulings that we need from the NCAA are going to go our way, much less Brad’s?

I do not know the detailed arguments of Brad's case.  I suspect you don't either.  So I await a decision from the NCAA as I can't predict the future.

willie likes this

1 hour ago, WVBilliken said:

I have seen nothing yet from the NCAA deciding on his eligibility.  Has a decision come down from the NCAA????

You are correct, there has been no information on his waiver request.  There are two other A10 players waiting a transfer waiver decision, Haynes from Mason and Green from Rhode Island.  Newton from Mason DID have his waiver approved, but Bamisile from VCU was denied.  Bamisile has filed an appeal.  Bamisile did file an appeal and has not heard back.

Until the waiver is granted, the player is ineligible.  And as we saw with the UNC wide receiver, appeal decisions can stretch out into the season.  

23 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

I expect Meadows will be used by Coach Ford similarly to how he used Tramaine Isabell.  He'll play most of his minutes at the 1 to start and play more off the ball as Medley gets more experience.  Meadows isn't the attacker that Isabell was but he's more reliable ball handler.  We need all the possessions we can get.

-I took that to mean down the line you see Medley and Meadows together on the floor

3 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Yep!  We're so small that two reliable ballhandlers by conference time will be critical.  We need all the possessions we can get.

I do expect a larger increase in steals!

a team of basically 4 guards and one small forward imo better have the highest outside shooting percentage in billiken history and a BAD night of turnovers is 8.   

15 hours ago, WVBilliken said:

I do not know the detailed arguments of Brad's case.  I suspect you don't either.  So I await a decision from the NCAA as I can't predict the future.

If this case gets ruled on by Memorial Day, the AD will have dodged a major bullet. Then the ruling has to go in our favor.