Mizzou

WVBilliken

1 hour ago, BANGheGOTit said:

I understand why soft people like you can’t handle hearing about Mizzou.  You thought Ford would take the dumpster fire in COMO the last few years and run with crazy success with the Billikens here, grabbing the headlines and develop a huge fan base that would sustain the program and propel them to national notoriety.  Now, like someone flipped a light switch and woke you up from your dream—the programs have switched trajectory.  It’s painful.  Some of us are more advanced in our thinking, and can see the state of the program isn’t anywhere near the depths it was under Crews.  The rebuild should not be as painful, and in the process we still have a team we can get behind.

😂😂😂😂

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a Mizzou fan never have been and never will be ever; however, their AD appears to have one upped ours a year early on her hire of Gates. I laughed at the hire of a HC from freaking Cleveland State. Not laughing anymore and all it shows those not happy with the current state of affairs of the SLU HC there are options out there that no one may even be thinking about. Some of them may not even be big names as I never heard of Gates before Mizzou hired him. Let's hope the powers to be at SLU can find an excellent replacement for Ford!

BC1764 and cheeseman like this

22 hours ago, BANGheGOTit said:

I understand why soft people like you can’t handle hearing about Mizzou.  You thought Ford would take the dumpster fire in COMO the last few years and run with crazy success with the Billikens here, grabbing the headlines and develop a huge fan base that would sustain the program and propel them to national notoriety.  Now, like someone flipped a light switch and woke you up from your dream—the programs have switched trajectory.  It’s painful.  Some of us are more advanced in our thinking, and can see the state of the program isn’t anywhere near the depths it was under Crews.  The rebuild should not be as painful, and in the process we still have a team we can get behind.

You're so pathetic pretty sure I ran a 5K for whatever it is you have. 

David King, DOC, JMM28 and 3 others like this

As long as we’re discussing teams other than the Billikens on here, how about Team Fluff taking down Team Ruff 87-83 in the Puppy Bowl yesterday? Was there something added to treats, or is Team Fluff’s win untainted by doggy steroids? So many questions….

BANGheGOTit and Schasz like this

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

You're so pathetic pretty sure I ran a 5K for whatever it is you have. 

as they have been forever, the mi$$ouri fans love letting us know when we are behind them.   and they wonder why we hate them so much.  they are beyond pathetic and arrogant.  block em all. 

TheA_Bomb likes this

1 hour ago, Lord Elrond said:

As long as we’re discussing teams other than the Billikens on here, how about Team Fluff taking down Team Ruff 87-83 in the Puppy Bowl yesterday? Was there something added to treats, or is Team Fluff’s win untainted by doggy steroids? So many questions….

Team Fluff has a better NIL program.

BANGheGOTit and Lord Elrond like this

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

as they have been forever, the mi$$ouri fans love letting us know when we are behind them.   and they wonder why we hate them so much.  they are beyond pathetic and arrogant.  block em all. 

I hate myself. I’m conflicted.  I’m a SLU fan, and a Mizzou fan.  I’m going to therapy 5 times a week.  As a fan of both, the Mizzou personality continually beats up the SLU personality.  

42 minutes ago, BANGheGOTit said:

I hate myself. I’m conflicted.  I’m a SLU fan, and a Mizzou fan.  I’m going to therapy 5 times a week.  As a fan of both, the Mizzou personality continually beats up the SLU personality.  

I am first and foremost a Billiken fan, SLU is where I went to undergrad and grad school.  But I root for Mizzou as well.  Yes, there are ignorant Mizzou fans.  But you know what, there are ignorant fans of all schools ..... even some SLU fans.

I've got close friends and family that went to both schools; so since childhood I followed both teams, long before I enrolled at SLU.  So I will continue to root for both teams ..... and the ignorant fans, well they can spew their hate.  I will just choose to ignore them and enjoy cheering for the schools of my choice.

dlarry and drkelsey55 like this

13 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

I am first and foremost a Billiken fan, SLU is where I went to undergrad and grad school.  But I root for Mizzou as well.  Yes, there are ignorant Mizzou fans.  But you know what, there are ignorant fans of all schools ..... even some SLU fans.

I've got close friends and family that went to both schools; so since childhood I followed both teams, long before I enrolled at SLU.  So I will continue to root for both teams ..... and the ignorant fans, well they can spew their hate.  I will just choose to ignore them and enjoy cheering for the schools of my choice.

Couldn’t agree more.  I’m a fan of coaches too, so Brad Underwood at Illinois actually helped convince me to pull for Illinois in recent years..especially when I wasn’t a Cuonzo fan.  For the most part, I have national teams I like and will almost always root for all local and regional teams.  SLU is my #1

3 minutes ago, BANGheGOTit said:

Couldn’t agree more.  I’m a fan of coaches too, so Brad Underwood at Illinois actually helped convince me to pull for Illinois in recent years..especially when I wasn’t a Cuonzo fan.  For the most part, I have national teams I like and will almost always root for all local and regional teams.  SLU is my #1

Ok, what the hell is this.  You cannot be a fan of both mizzou and Illinois.  Next you're gonna throw in Dayton too.  

All I see is "I'm a fan of whoever is doing better, currently."

30 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Ok, what the hell is this.  You cannot be a fan of both mizzou and Illinois.  Next you're gonna throw in Dayton too.  

All I see is "I'm a fan of whoever is doing better, currently."

Lol, if you’ve seen earlier posts, I said I was never a Norm fan, but a Mizzou fan.  Once Snyder was hired I got to where I couldn’t stand watching Mizzou…that was also about the time I moved to STL. I’ve always liked Tiger football but until Gates was hired I didn’t really love Mizzou basketball.  Mike Anderson wasn’t bad…I’ve always been a SLU fan even with Crews lol.  I think the fact I pulled for the Illini over Mizzou in recent years should at least tell you I’m telling the truth when I say I root for regional teams.  Honestly I wasn’t even on the Gates bandwagon until I watched Mizzou hammer Illinois and loved the intensity.  It’s been impressive.  I still will root for Illinois in the tournament, but my loyalty is SLU.  Praying SLU can figure it out or they make the necessary changes. My worst fear is Snyder get hired at SLU and then I have to make a decision—I will always support SLU, but the thought of rooting for Snyder to succeed sickens me.  Maybe he’s not the same guy as when he was young…but man I couldnt stand that dude.

43 minutes ago, Soderball said:

Take this stuff to Tigerboard.

I watch Missouri football because we have nothing else here.

Lindenwood is now Div 1 in football, you can root them on.  Their last game Nov 12th (vs the might of McKendree) only had a posted attendance of 2777, so there should be plenty of room in the stands over there.

54 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Lindenwood is now Div 1 in football, you can root them on.  Their last game Nov 12th (vs the might of McKendree) only had a posted attendance of 2777, so there should be plenty of room in the stands over there.

This right here.

2 hours ago, Lord Elrond said:

wake me up when they're in the SEC or Big 10 or something.

Mid-major football is not exciting the way that mid-major basketball is. One or two guys can make a competitive basketball team. Football not so much.

Could you imagine The University News congratulating Mizzou for winning a national championship in either basketball or football because we share the same state ? That’s what the St. Louis Blues Twitter page did with the Chiefs last evening. You’re either a fan of SLU, Mizzou, or Illinois. There’s no in between.

36 minutes ago, Soderball said:

wake me up when they're in the SEC or Big 10 or something.

Mid-major football is not exciting the way that mid-major basketball is. One or two guys can make a competitive basketball team. Football not so much.

Everyone in Mid major football has a shot to pull off an upset and win an FCS title. Can’t say the same for FBS. Yeah, the Boone County team is in the SEC, but what good has that done for their chances to win anything ?

4 minutes ago, BC1764 said:

Could you imagine The University News congratulating Mizzou for winning a national championship in either basketball or football because we share the same state ? That’s what the St. Louis Blues Twitter page did with the Chiefs last evening. You’re either a fan of SLU, Mizzou, or Illinois. There’s no in between.

LOL. To say you can't be a fan of both programs is just plan ridiculous and narrow minded.

I have been posting on this board for 17 years.  I graduated from SLU.  Yes, SLU is my favorite college basketball team by far.  But I also follow Mizzou and want them to be successful unless they are competing directly against SLU (which almost never happens).

almaman likes this

1 minute ago, WVBilliken said:

LOL. To say you can't be a fan of both programs is just plan ridiculous and narrow minded.

I have been posting on this board for 17 years.  I graduated from SLU.  Yes, SLU is my favorite college basketball team by far.  But I also follow Mizzou and want them to be successful unless they are competing directly against SLU (which almost never happens).

They recruit for the same recruits, there’s a three pt difference between SLU’s endowment and MU’s, MU views SLU as less than even though they’ve never been to a Final Four nor the CFP. So, no, it’s not narrow minded to suggest you have to be a fan of one program or the other.

29 minutes ago, BC1764 said:

I didn't go to SLU or SPUMAC. Your posts just continue to get dumber and dumber.

1 minute ago, BC1764 said:

So, like Mahomes era Chiefs fans in St. Louis, you’re a bandwagoner. Good to know.

I've been attending SLU games for 32 years. I think i've missed maybe 30 home games during that time.

You truly are the worst poster on this board. You're worse than Metz, and he made terroristic threats.

2 minutes ago, Soderball said:

I've been attending SLU games for 32 years. I think i've missed maybe 30 home games during that time.

You truly are the worst poster on this board. You're worse than Metz, and he made terroristic threats.

i have seen some nonsense on this board over the years, but never this level of hate and moronic posts from the newcomers

AGB91 likes this