GDT: Dayton was a top 5 team and still missed the tourney

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, stmdragons said:

I’m just trying to mentally prepare myself for May to fire Ford only to bring in Cuonzo. 

Fire vs no talent vs talent vs no fire.

Honestly, I think this exact team coached by Cuonzo does better then this team with ford. 

This is in no way an endorsement of Cuonzo.

Just now, laker119 said:

The question we are all thinking…is this rock bottom, or does it get worse?

It’s going to get worse. I would say a lot worse.

This team quits when games get tough I can’t imagine how lackadaisical they become now that their season is essentially over.

The loss was expected. To think otherwise is stupid. No point of getting so upset about this one. It feels like we lost by 30, but it wasn't.

Too many wasted possessions. Even the announcers pointed that out. You could see Ford's reaction after stupid shots. His complaint that the team likes to go hero ball looked apparent tonight. Too many early shots or just bad shots in the second half. I think that's partly because of the early fouls on our bigs which wrecked our game. So much runs through Okoro and he got weak fouls called against him.

Someone said it earlier but our offense should be (1)Jimerson shot (2) Perkins shot (3) Okoro down low. Nothing more. 

AGB91 likes this

2 minutes ago, 757billiken said:

The loss was expected. To think otherwise is stupid. No point of getting so upset about this one. It feels like we lost by 30, but it wasn't.

The loss might have been expected,  but the only reason it wasn't a 30-point loss was because they didn't play their PG the entire second half and were burning clock for probably the last 7-8 minutes of the game.

5 minutes ago, 757billiken said:

Too many wasted possessions. Even the announcers pointed that out. You could see Ford's reaction after stupid shots. His complaint that the team likes to go hero ball looked apparent tonight. Too many early shots or just bad shots in the second half. I think that's partly because of the early fouls on our bigs which wrecked our game. So much runs through Okoro and he got weak fouls called against him.

Someone said it earlier but our offense should be (1)Jimerson shot (2) Perkins shot (3) Okoro down low. Nothing more. 

You mean you don't like the Pickett floaters?