Shaking off the apathy

SLU_Nick

16 minutes ago, Matty Light said:

I liked what he said on the post game on Bally's too.

With about 45 seconds left in the game (give or take) you could literally see him breathe a sigh of relief. He knew how big this win was for the this season and for his future. 

6 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

For anyone like me who’s been frustrated.  Go watch Ford at the presser.  It’s recharging me….

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=biR8hEkrpDE

The coach blamed himself for the problems and noted pulling Perkins and Okoro out to often and not allowing them to play through mistakes.

I listened to the post game with Bob Ramsey on the way home and he said the same thing.

8 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Ha now that you mention it , it reminds me (for some reason) of this top five 80s song:

The undertones (and title) of that song always creep me out lol. I'd prefer Blue Monday 😉

BTW, I think I’ve isolated the source of our problems: my shoes. Going back to last year, we’ve won zero games when I’ve worn my Allbirds to Chaifetz. I didn’t make this connection until last week - I was unable to make it to the Boise game, but I happened to be wearing my Allbirds that day, and we lost. I promise to not wear the Allbirds on game days from here on out. I have no clue why I wasn’t able to identify the issue earlier, but we should be able to salvage the season now. I ask that you please accept my humble apology and direct any complaints to the Allbirds Corporation for creating shoes with bad Billikens mojo. 

6 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

BTW, I think I’ve isolated the source of our problems: my shoes. Going back to last year, we’ve won zero games when I’ve worn my Allbirds to Chaifetz. I didn’t make this connection until last week - I was unable to make it to the Boise game, but I happened to be wearing my Allbirds that day, and we lost. I promise to not wear the Allbirds on game days from here on out. I have no clue why I wasn’t able to identify the issue earlier, but we should be able to salvage the season now. I ask that you please accept my humble apology and direct any complaints to the Allbirds Corporation for creating shoes with bad Billikens mojo. 

So what shoes were worn last night? These?

image.jpeg.e54879dfb206aab70bb02e283aa6306c.jpeg

10 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Ha now that you mention it , it reminds me (for some reason) of this top five 80s song:

Funny. I was listening to New Order yesterday evening on the way home from work. Probably a top 10 all time band for me. Blue Monday, Regret, Fine Time, Bizarre Love Triangle, True Faith among my favorites. 

courtside likes this

39 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Funny. I was listening to New Order yesterday evening on the way home from work. Probably a top 10 all time band for me. Blue Monday, Regret, Fine Time, Bizarre Love Triangle, True Faith among my favorites. 

indeed, there would be no New Order without Kraftwerk easily the show of the year for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTcF6eCzY8M&t=6059s

1 hour ago, Box and Won said:

Where did you buy the magical shoes, at the same store Harry Potter got his wand?

1 hour ago, almaman said:

indeed, there would be no New Order without Kraftwerk easily the show of the year for me.

I was at the Kraftwerk show, too! Amazing that St. Louis was ever even on their tour schedule. It was worth waiting 2 years for it.

1 hour ago, almaman said:

25 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

I was at the Kraftwerk show, too! Amazing that St. Louis was ever even on their tour schedule. It was worth waiting 2 years for it.

If you guys enjoy a cocktail or two while listening to music on vinyl might I suggest the aptly named Booze and Vinyl. Specifically Kraftwerk’s The Man Machine from Booze and Vinyl Vol. 2  I tried attaching a picture of that page form my book but the file was too large. 70 albums per volume. It gives an overview of the artist and album and then pairs each side with a themed cocktail, so there’s a side A and side B cocktail.   

https://boozeandvinyl.com

1 hour ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

If you guys enjoy a cocktail or two while listening to music on vinyl might I suggest the aptly named Booze and Vinyl. Specifically Kraftwerk’s The Man Machine from Booze and Vinyl Vol. 2  I tried attaching a picture of that page form my book but the file was too large. 70 albums per volume. It gives an overview of the artist and album and then pairs each side with a themed cocktail, so there’s a side A and side B cocktail.   

https://boozeandvinyl.com

This is 100% something I'm into. Thanks for the link!

16 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

This is 100% something I'm into. Thanks for the link!

No problem. I actually just looked at their website (the link I provided) and it sucks; not a lot of info. If you’re looking to get your mitts on a copy ASAP to see what it’s all about, Paper Source in Clayton had a copy when I was there yesterday. 

Maybe not so amazing. Manchester, if I am correct, is a very industrial city with very old (many of them closed now) industrial shops. It is a city which perhaps resembles Youngstown OH, with closed industry and little or no hope. Lots of working people there seeking for work to raise their families. Their way out, since the Beatles, has been music.