other NCAABB tv 2022-23 season

almaman

On 11/17/2022 at 11:29 AM, Taj79 said:

For the last two years, VCU has been lacking o  the offensive end.  Two years ago it was Bones Hyland as the sole shooter.  Last year it was Vince Williams and KeShawn Curry (although Curry was erratic).  All are gone.  Jayden Nunn was supposed to be the shooter but moved to point last night in Baldwin's absence.  They shot 35% from the floor and 26% from three.  Zeb Jackson, Michigan transfer, went 1 for 7.  Nick Kern 0 for 3.  The starters, sans Nunn, went 9-for-24.  And Baldwin is not a shooter per se.  

I was so looking forward to a VCU/Michigan battle.  Won't happen now.

Weren't we hot after Kern for a while before he went elsewhere?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Weren't we hot after Kern for a while before he went elsewhere?

Yes 

2 hours ago, BC1764 said:

Mizzou 8-0

That's really good I think.  Their SOS takes a huge leap to 201 from 297 after the big W at Wichita State.  I think Alcorn State saw a big jump as well after they took down the Shockers by 9 on the road.  Mizzou is a band school.

2 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Stackhouse absolutely blew a gasket tonight. 

Didn’t watch any of the game, so take it with a grain of salt, but apparently the officiating was horrid and the free throw disparity was hugely in favor of VCU.  Doesn’t excuse the behavior but just thought I could add that context.

1 minute ago, laker119 said:

Didn’t watch any of the game, so take it with a grain of salt, but apparently the officiating was horrid and the free throw disparity was hugely in favor of VCU.  Doesn’t excuse the behavior but just thought I could add that context.

The tech that set him off was pretty weak too. Vandy guy dunked on a guy and tapped his head. Official T’d him up for taunting.

Stackhouse has always been a fire cracker. I remember him getting into fights at UNC and the NBA.

That wasn’t the time for a boatload of technicals though. Lol

laker119 likes this

• 2 weeks later...

Maryland has lost 3 straight, albeit to good teams, (Wisconsin, Tennessee, UCLA) failing to score more than 60 in any of the 3 games. In their 8 games prior to the losing streak, they scored at least 71 points in every game. 

Maryland shot 11 for 50 from the field in the first half of their last two games, and 4 for 27 from three. They trailed by a combined 83 to 37 in the first half of their last two games. 

• 1 month later...