GDT: @ Richmond

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, wgstl said:

for the first time this season, I'm taking the low expectation route.  Hopefully it reverses the outcome. 

Only way to do it. I was optimistic prior to Bona at home but it proved futile.

1 minute ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

For the first time this season?!

Yep. I mean, the only other one I sorta had this for was Memphis, but I thought they were still going to be wayy too young when we played them which would have helped.

The next time I was starting to get this feeling, in-between the Bonnies and Davidson, lasalle kept giving me false hope again. 

While I will always get excited to watch a Bills game, after the Bona and Davidson games I am tamping my expectations down. We've always seemed to match up well with Richmond for some reason, and I'll be wanting a W tonight big time, but I'm not letting my expectations get the better or me. This season can only be successful with a dance invite, and we're gonna have to pull off a miracle in DC to get that. Too much  inconsistent play from this team at this point in the season. We ought to be hitting our stride going into March. Instead, we're stumbling and fumbling. 

6 minutes ago, slu72 said:

While I will always get excited to watch a Bills game, after the Bona and Davidson games I am tamping my expectations down. We've always seemed to match up well with Richmond for some reason, and I'll be wanting a W tonight big time, but I'm not letting my expectations get the better or me. This season can only be successful with a dance invite, and we're gonna have to pull off a miracle in DC to get that. Too much  inconsistent play from this team at this point in the season. We ought to be hitting our stride going into March. Instead, we're stumbling and fumbling. 

How?? Why?? Tough crowd....

1 minute ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

im guessing he's not talking pre season expectations, but only the thought that 3 weeks ago we were right where we needed to be to make it. 

As I said in the wiz game thread, the whole season is out the window for everyone. Whoever stumbles these last 3 will not win in DC. Whoever wins out will be the favorite. The top 5 all have top 5 matchups, and we will see how they go. Also, there are lots of land mines out there (St. Joes, Rhode Island, La Salle, Mason). 

1 minute ago, A10Ref said:

As I said in the wiz game thread, the whole season is out the window for everyone. Whoever stumbles these last 3 will not win in DC. Whoever wins out will be the favorite. The top 5 all have top 5 matchups, and we will see how they go. Also, there are lots of land mines out there (St. Joes, Rhode Island, La Salle, Mason). 

Lost our last reg season game before tearing up the conf tournament in  19

16 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Blue Kool-Aid is so addicting but always leads to disappointment. I don’t know how we can expect the team to make it further than they did last season after losing the 3 best players we’ve had in the last 7 years. 

2 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

Blue Kool-Aid is so addicting but always leads to disappointment. I don’t know how we can expect the team to make it further than they did last season after losing the 3 best players we’ve had in the last 7 years. 

With the context of losing 3 best players we've had in quite some time, outside of the travis ford era, this would be an expected "rebuilding year"

2 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

So I sorts agree with both sides.  pre season, no way. But where we stood a few weeks ago... it was VERY realistic. 

7 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

I fall in that camp too...but mostly because with all three of those players SLU went to the NIT last year. 

3 minutes ago, OkieBilliken said:

They are honoring their 800 seniors tonight, even though it’s not their final home game.   Does it seem like Gilyard has been there for ten years.   

Is this really Richmond's "Senior night"? If so does anyone knows if they do the ceremony before or after the game? This may have some kind of effect upon the outcome of the game tonight, I think.

7 minutes ago, wgstl said:

So I sorts agree with both sides.  pre season, no way. But where we stood a few weeks ago... it was VERY realistic. 

Don’t get me wrong, I was on the hype train after the 6 game win streak and was disappointed too. But after sitting on it a while, you gotta come back to reality. At the end of the day, we’re fans of a program that had made the tournament 10 times in its history. Of course I want us to be better and go on a decade-long run that changes that. But to expect to make the tournament every year, especially in one that was supposed to be a rebuilding year, isnt good for anyones mental health.

1 minute ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

Don’t get me wrong, I was on the hype train after the 6 game win streak and was disappointed too. But after sitting on it a while, you gotta come back to reality. At the end of the day, we’re fans of a program that had made the tournament 10 times in its history. Of course I want us to be better and go on a decade-long run that changes that. But to expect to make the tournament every year, especially in one that was supposed to be a rebuilding year, isnt good for anyones mental health.

I agree.  I just think its the fact that at a point in time, this late in the season we were in the picture.  And now that we're not, just feels like a big letdown.. which could be what 72 is talking about. 

NoCoBillsFan likes this

37 minutes ago, OkieBilliken said:

They are honoring their 800 seniors tonight, even though it’s not their final home game.   Does it seem like Gilyard has been there for ten years.   

gilyard and golden are both 10 year seniors.