GDT: @ Davidson

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The trend of the team this season is to panic in the first half when playing good teams away.

Examples are Boise St., Dayton, St. B, and now Davidson.  We are what we are and I am concerned about playing at Richmond.

3 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

why was he on the floor at all.  We were just coming out of a timeout.  You have to sit him.

McKillop goes right at him of course.  Ford gonna Ford.  

Here is hoping they cool off and one of our players gets angry and takes the game over. 

I give Ford credit for playing Yuri with two fouls. Part of the reason we had such a huge hole @ St B is because Yuri was on the bench after getting his 2nd foul.

Just now, wgstl said:

Two games where the opp was playing poorly and or felt the refs were shafting them, the coach got fired up, T’d up and the team played better after that. 

Technical fouls by coaches don’t make players play better. That is correlation not causation. Though I’m admittedly new school and prefer not to hand free points to my opponent. 

Just now, glazedandconfused said:

Technical fouls by coaches don’t make players play better. That is correlation not causation. Though I’m admittedly new school and prefer not to hand free points to my opponent. 

How does getting fired up not help your team? It’s risky, I agree giving away points, but what we’ve been doing obviously isn’t working. 

2 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

Agree.  If you are playing the best team in the league and need your coach to get a T to fire you up, you probably should just go get on the bus.

Just now, Dr. Holly Hills said:

Welp, out their best player and still putting it to us.  Ouch.  Good news I guess is that our season is pretty much over until the A10 tournament.  Play however we have to play to prepare for that.

I will never surrender every game matters.

6 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

why was he on the floor at all.  We were just coming out of a timeout.  You have to sit him.

McKillop goes right at him of course.  Ford gonna Ford.  

Here is hoping they cool off and one of our players gets angry and takes the game over. 

McKillop is just too skilled and athletic. NBA doesn't have upper age limits though so thankfully we won't have to see him next year.

Just now, wgstl said:

How does getting fired up not help your team? It’s risky, I agree giving away points, but what we’ve been doing obviously isn’t working. 

Ford screaming at refs and giving Davidson free points isn’t going to make Davidson shoot worse. They may shoot worse after, but it’s not because Ford screamed at a ref. 

Just now, glazedandconfused said:

Ford screaming at refs and giving Davidson free points isn’t going to make Davidson shoot worse. They may shoot worse after, but it’s not because Ford screamed at a ref. 

It’s not about Davidson, it’s about us