GDT: Beat the Bonnies Part 1

SLU_Nick

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lot of blame to go around tonight. It’s coming down to DC for us. Win there or it’s NIT or next year. Man, Gibby disappointed tonight. He could have won this game for us. Hate to put an L on one guy but hit 2 or 3 of those critical shots we’d call you Mr Clutch. This is not the first game we’ve needed him to hit a big shot and he’s missed. By my count it’s the 5th. 

1 minute ago, slu72 said:

Lot of blame to go around tonight. It’s coming down to DC for us. Win there or it’s NIT or next year. Man, Gibby disappointed tonight. He could have won this game for us. Hate to put an L on one guy but hit 2 or 3 of those critical shots we’d call you Mr Clutch. This is not the first game we’ve needed him to hit a big shot and he’s missed. By my count it’s the 5th. 

We win at Bona and at Davidson, we’re right back. Given we now have nothing to lose, I actually believe it’s gonna happen. 

My only two takeaways:

1. Travis needs a backup plan when they take Yuri out of the game in the half court. I think Nesbitt deserves more opportunities in games like this. 

2. Jimerson still can’t hit big shots. I’ve been bad posted for saying it multiple times but I don’t think it can be denied.

Just now, NoCoBillsFan said:

My only two takeaways:

1. Travis needs a backup plan when they take Yuri out of the game in the half court. I think Nesbitt deserves more opportunities in games like this. 

2. Jimerson still can’t hit big shots. I’ve been bad posted for saying it multiple times but I don’t think it can be denied.

I think the backup plan was hurt. We’ll see if we hear anything postgame. If he was hurt, we owe a lot of money to Vegas for not disclosing. 

I am obviously disappointed but agree with @RiseAndGrind - Bonaventure sort of has our number.  

That game was actually exactly the same game as us losing by a billion in the A-10 tourney last year.  The only difference was then they hit their 3s.  I don’t expect much better in a few days.  Just finish top 4 and hope for the tourney win 

8 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

I agree. No way we play like this again. I actually think Travis called a good game. Yuri and Gibby were both off and that’s a recipe for disaster. 

We had no clue on offense for nearly half the game. I’m not sure what you think Travis did that qualifies as calling a good game. 

Just now, A10Ref said:

Gibson had 5-6 open missed threes and Yuri had 3-4 unforced TOs. Half of those go the other way and we win. 

You’re oversimplifying things, and a few of Jimerson’s misses were forced, quick shots. We got some better looks in the last 5 minutes when we were able to pick up the tempo. It shouldn’t have taken that long to change up our approach.