• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

That brings too much attention.

Hell yes it does during a pandemic.

Since I am a 33 year at the same job guy whose supervisor treats us like adults I have the privilege of coming and going as I please so I plan a 4 o’clock departure to Cedar Hill, Mo.

Its time to put a couple of good games together.  The werewolf French has reappeared for 2 straight games make it 3.

Edited by CBFan
Misleading my true age lol

SLU enters today’s UMass game with NET of 50, which translates to the first team OUT per a pure NET field.

Any Midwest and little guy sentiment aside, the way the system works, room likely to be cleared for assorted mediocre Power 5 Bluebloods, etc., True Team Blue SLU supporters should be rooting for a quick Drake (NET 42) exit from the Valley Arch Madness, as early as Friday's quarterfinal vs. the Northern Iowa-Illinois State survivor. We might have to root for Missouri State vs. Drake in Saturday's semifinal. We need Drake OUT ASAP and Loyola to win that MVC Tourney.

Drake played no one in its non conference schedule of cupcakes. SLU is significantly better than that Drake team.

It would also help to excise Colorado State (43) and Utah State (49) early in the Mountain West. 

The NIT is expected to be played, 16 teams, all at one site, in either Dallas or Asheville, NC, not in NYC. The NIT is obviously not the goal, but at least we know the SLU season won't abruptly end in the A10 Tourney, should SLU not win it, as long as SLU wants to keep playing. The team deserves its shot at a post-season tournament. Hopefully that will still be The Big Dance, the NCAA Tournament. 

fever and coughs might buy you a ticket to walgreens to take the covid test to prove your virus status.   i'd be careful with that.   i'd go with your instinct and feign the bad reaction to chinese or mexican at lunch.  

1 minute ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

SLU enters today’s UMass game with NET of 50, which translates to the first team OUT per a pure NET field.

Any Midwest and little guy sentiment aside, the way the system works, room likely to be cleared for assorted mediocre Power 5 Bluebloods, etc., True Team Blue SLU supporters should be rooting for a quick Drake (NET 42) exit from the Valley Arch Madness, as early as Friday's quarterfinal vs. the Northern Iowa-Illinois State survivor. We might have to root for Missouri State vs. Drake in Saturday's semifinal. We need Drake OUT ASAP and Loyola to win that MVC Tourney.

Drake played no one in its non conference schedule of cupcakes. SLU is significantly better than that Drake team.

It would also help to excise Colorado State (43) and Utah State (49) early in the Mountain West. 

The NIT is expected to be played, 16 teams, all at one site, in either Dallas or Asheville, NC, not in NYC. The NIT is obviously not the goal, but at least we know the SLU season won't abruptly end in the A10 Tourney, should SLU not win it, as long as SLU wants to keep playing. The team deserves its shot at a post-season tournament. Hopefully that will still be The Big Dance, the NCAA Tournament. 

i noticed this morning all the bluebloods starting to show up on the first four out and last four out lists.   sigh.   we knew that would happen.  they just cant have their precious blues out. 

AGB91 likes this

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

Hell yes it does during a pandemic.

Since I am a 33 year guy whose supervisor treats us like adults I have the privilege of coming and going as I please so I plan a 4 o’clock departure to Cedar Hill, Mo.

Its time to put a couple of good games together.  The werewolf French has reappeared for 2 straight games make it 3.

HOLY F.  You're only 33?  You have wisdom beyond your years and that's a fact.......

Edit: 33 years on the job.......got it.......

Edited by Billiken Rich
Lack of reading comprehension

8 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

HOLY F.  You're only 33?  You have wisdom beyond your years and that's a fact.......

O I C. Cbfan one of few I've met on board and he had a rough 33 years was my first thought when I saw the quote. 33 years on the job makes more sense :)

CBFan likes this

28 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Fixed it Rich, Alma man had the best comment.

34 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

2 weeks will get you through the Atlantic 10 Tournament for being off work.

I gotta pay rent homie. 

13 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Extreme herpes flare up.

That’s one you can go back to for the rest of your life.

I’m not even sure I could type that email up, let alone send it. 

21 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I gotta pay rent homie. 

I’m not even sure I could type that email up, let alone send it. 

Explosive diarrhea.

It’s realistic enough to be believable, but disturbing enough that they won’t ask you stick it out for the rest of the day.

dlarry likes this

44 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I gotta pay rent homie. 

Paid FFCRA leave, dawg.  Unfortunately, it is no longer mandatory that your employer offer that, but they can still get tax credits to offset your wages if they do offer it.

Also your HR dept would probably need some kind of proof of eligibility, but if we're going this far I'm sure you wouldn't mind forging some documents. 

3 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Fun idea but at the same time maybe not upstage Has.

From what I understand, those 2 are very close. If JGood decided to do something like that, I’d bet he would’ve already talked about it with Has.

25 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Fun idea but at the same time maybe not upstage Has.

Nohatespeech Nohate GIF by Democratic Meme Factory - Find & Share on GIPHY

Edit: I don't actually expect either one to come back much less announce that on Senior Night, but can you imagine the pandemonium if that did happen.  Steve would have to immediately start a fundraiser for a new Billikens.com board because this MFer would be burned to the ground.

13 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Nohatespeech Nohate GIF by Democratic Meme Factory - Find & Share on GIPHY

Edit: I don't actually expect either one to come back much less announce that on Senior Night, but can you imagine the pandemonium if that did happen.  Steve would have to immediately start a fundraiser for a new Billikens.com board because this MFer would be burned to the ground.

I will bankroll that one.